Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 01:29 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,544,965 times

Advertisements

Another thread prompted me to think about the ways in which men kill and have killed others in the past here in our society. I began to think about the barbaric ways in which men will kill others and from our history here in the US-black men and Hispanic's usually kill by stabbings, shootings, and severe physical beatings. White men use these same methods as well, but he also engages in other types of killings -such as cutting up body parts, lynching, dragging live bodies on the back of pick-up trucks, cutting babies out of the womb of a woman, setting fires to bodies, bombings, drownings, strangulation, burying living bodies in fields, backyards, etc.

Why are the ways in which we kill so drastically different?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2010, 01:31 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,205,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post

Perhaps part of the answer lay in the reasons behind the killing.

A person helping another die who has terminal cancer isn't going to hack the body into pieces. By the same light that forensic scientist can look at a crime scene and extrapolate that someones methods can indicate a hatred towards an individual, some twisted religious or cult reasoning, etc...

Old 02-21-2010, 01:58 PM

I am not speaking of killings which are done to relieve someone from suffering.
I am referring only to the methods in which men kill whether they are insane or sane. No killing is justified, besides those that may be committed in self-defense. I am speaking of killings only here in the US and why the races of men choose to kill differently. So are you saying that if I hate molesters my killing method would be different compared to killing someone who rapes me?

Old 02-21-2010, 02:08 PM

Lynching was a way to kill both black and white people. Lynchings were a major event for whites and their families. Why did they just not shoot the black male. I assume hatred ruled the day, so the method of killing had to be brutal or was it something like a sport?

Women and children were present and they had picnics in front of the dead bodies and sent postcards out to celebrate the event. You do not hear of many lynchings today, but it was a preferred method in which to kill people and only one race of men were practicing this method of killing here in the US.

Musarium: Without Sanctuary: Lynching Photography in America

Old 02-21-2010, 02:12 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,414,679 times
The human imagination is capable of great good, and great evil.

Its boundless in its ways to do anything, and thats who we are, and killing people is what some of us do.

Old 02-21-2010, 02:15 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,325,990 times
Quote:
Another thread prompted me to think about the ways in which men kill and have killed others in the past here in our society. I began to think about the barbaric ways in which men will kill others and from our history here in the US-black men and Hispanic's usually kill by stabbings, shootings, and severe physical beatings. White men use these same methods as well, but he also engages in other types of killings -such as cutting up body parts, lynching, dragging live bodies on the back of pick-up trucks, cutting babies out of the womb of a woman, setting fires to bodies, bombings, drownings, strangulation, burying living bodies in fields, backyards, etc.

Some of what you are saying here are generalizations that can't necessarily be backed up with statistics. Having said that, part of it is based on economical groups rather than race. For example, a poor person isn't likely to own a plane and try to mass murder people by flying into a building. A poor person isn't going build a bomb, either, or drive out to a field to bury someone if they don't own a car. They are going to kill with something they can afford like a knife or gun or their fists. That's not based on race, that's due to their economical situation.

Old 02-21-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The human imagination is capable of great good, and great evil.

Its boundless in its ways to do anything, and thats who we are, and killing people is what some of us do.
I am not simply speaking about men killings. I am talking about the ways in which we kill. It is quite mind-boggling that when a thread is posted that speaks to the ills of black people and crime everyone wants to chime in, but let it be about the white race and everyone is suddenly silent or better yet the responses do not address the question or is generalized to the whole population. AMAZING IT IS!! Why do men of different races here in the United States use different methods to kill people? Something has to be different in us genetically, for if there were no guns so easily available-black men would definitely not have the high number of murders as they do today.

Old 02-21-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Some of what you are saying here are generalizations that can't necessarily be backed up with statistics. Having said that, part of it is based on economical groups rather than race. For example, a poor person isn't likely to own a plane and try to mass murder people by flying into a building. A poor person isn't going build a bomb, either, or drive out to a field to bury someone if they don't own a car. They are going to kill with something they can afford like a knife or gun or their fists. That's not based on race, that's due to their economical situation.
Your economic situation does not prevent you from lynching, dragging a body, or dismembering body parts. Your plane example was good.

Old 02-21-2010, 02:27 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,414,679 times
Quote:
I am not simply speaking about men killings. I am talking about the ways in which we kill. It is quite mind-boggling that when a thread is posted that speaks to the ills of black people and crime everyone wants to chime in, but let it be about the white race and everyone is suddenly silent or better yet the responses do not address the question or is generalized to the whole population. AMAZING IT IS!! Why do men of different races here in the United States use different methods to kill people? Something has to be different in us genetically, for if there were no guns so easily available-black men would definitely not have the high number of murders as they do today.
Why did Germans use various methods of killing Jews? Why did Yankee soldiers torture southern soldiers during the Civil War?

People kill people, and the ways they decide to do it, are only limited by their imagination. Thats my point.

We've come up with every reason in the book as to why you'd kill someone. Race, religion, country, whatever. Hell, you might eat a food I don't like.

The reasons for killing are limitless, just like the ways to do the killing.

If you're trying to say that white racists were killing black people in new and sadistic ways, you're wrong. The ways they used were tried and true, had been for thousands of years.

Old 02-21-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Why did Germans use various methods of killing Jews? Why did Yankee soldiers torture southern soldiers during the Civil War?

People kill people, and the ways they decide to do it, are only limited by their imagination. Thats my point.

We've come up with every reason in the book as to why you'd kill someone. Race, religion, country, whatever. Hell, you might eat a food I don't like.

The reasons for killing are limitless, just like the ways to do the killing.

If you're trying to say that white racists were killing black people in new and sadistic ways, you're wrong. The ways they used were tried and true, had been for thousands of years.
Lynchings were primarily done to black people. Here is an excellent documentary from a white man in reference to lynchings. Journal E: Without Sanctuary: Lynching Photography in America

My question once again is why do the different races of men kill differently. Racist men are not dismembering bodies at least not in our current society, yet when we hear about a man or woman having their body parts cut up-a white man has done it. You do not hear about Blacks, Asians or Hispanics dismembering bodies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies