Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 11:32 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
No direct answers, some dont even bother to try to answer
Yes, there have been direct answers. Open your mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 11:33 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
Yeah because the Republicans are the only hypocrites in politics. For instance, a guy who votes for EVERY SINGLE spending bill, then campaigns against out of control spending. This guy wins the presidency, spends even worse than the last president, all the while blaming the "other guy."

For each republican hypocrite, there is a democrat that's a hypocrite.

I NEVER stated that hypocricy is ONLY a Republican trait, in fact their all LYING idiots. In fact your doing the same thing that your accusing the President of doing, blaming the other guy. THEY ALL share the blame.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:34 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
I see nothing wrong with asking for available funds to help constituents.

However, I have a huge problem with people saying that the stimulus created NO jobs at the same time they are are saying 'look how many jobs I was able to create in my district with stimulus funds.'

Do they really think that no one will notice the hypocrisy?

Old 02-22-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Again... because they are getting at least some of their constituents' taxpayer money back and putting it to work in their district(s). They still oppose the stimulus, and rightly so as politicians from both parties have blasted its costly ineffectiveness, but they are acting correctly within their fiduciary responsibility of looking out for the taxpayers' best interest in their districts.

What about that do you not understand?

What I don't understand is the pass that is given for the blatant lying and hypocricy. The right hold this adminstration to the fire when they claim and point out lies and hypocricy, I have YET to see the same from the Right on the lies and hypocricy with those Congressmen and Senators on the right.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:36 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Of course, but we weren't granted that option. I would rather have had the option to opt out of any and all stimulus funds.
Excuse me? Every state had the option of "opting out" of the stimulus but in state after state regardless of the political pandering by the Palin's, Perry's, and Sanford's Republican lead state legislatures took the money, gladly!

The point that none of you spin artist are willing to answer is that regardless of the amount, or political philosophy to argue that the stimulus didn't provide jobs, and then to go to a ribbon cutting and argue the complete opposite is the by definition hypocrisy.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:37 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I see nothing wrong with asking for available funds to help constituents.

However, I have a huge problem with people saying that the stimulus created NO jobs at the same time they are are saying 'look how many jobs I was able to create in my district with stimulus funds.'

Do they really think that no one will notice the hypocrisy?
Defending hypocrisy when it obviously exists, is very hard to do.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yes, there have been direct answers. Open your mind.

No they were not direct answers. I have no problem in calling out this President and every Idiot in Washington no matter what their party affiliation.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
What I don't understand is the pass that is given for the blatant lying and hypocricy.
Who's lying? A Dem tells it like it is...

YouTube - Future Plans?

Old 02-22-2010, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
No they were not direct answers.
How not?

Old 02-22-2010, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
I can honestly answer that

the bailouts were wrong
the stimulus was wrong and wasteful

BUT

if a stimulus passes would I be a good REPRESENTATIVE of MY DISTRICT if I didnt ask for the AVAILABLE money that might help or make things better for MY DISTRICT

or here is a different example

your tight on funds, but your wife wants to make a cheesecake. she does anyhow, even though you dont really have the money, are you NOT going to eat the cheesecake that IS THERE, even though you didnt want it made because you believed you couldnt afford it.........its there are you going to eat it, or would you waste it

not one republican(in the house) voted for the failed stimulus...are you saying no republican should accept money for their districts that is being offered????

11 democrats voted no also

as far as taking credit, as a representative of a district, if YOU are able to get money directed to that district for something, then yes you get the credit, because you were able to politic for your people

But why only take credit within your district. Why not get on National television and boast about the success those funds have made? The people it put back to work? Why get on television and LIE by saying that it has NOT created or saved 1 job? The local papers within their districts are starting to turn on these very same politicians that are doing this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies