Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2010, 12:28 PM

39 posts, read 34,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Name me one revolution in which innocent people were targeted and suicide was used as a weapon.
Define innocent.

People working in menial "powerless" positions in the government targeted by the revolutionaries? Hah. Name one revolution where those people were NOT targets.

During the war for independance from Britian, Amarican revolutionary soldiers also targeted people who wished to remain neuteral and refused to give material support to the revolution (or secession, whatever you want to call it). You really need to read up on your history. As far as philosophers go, what they say is somewhat irrelevant, but plenty have named those who stand aside as enemies - to say nothing of those who carry out the functions of the government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 12:28 PM

938 posts, read 1,230,685 times
Quote:
didn't realize this was a secret underground Mafia-esque movement. If you don't want people to talk about your ideals and whereabouts, it'd be in your best interest to not wear your terrorist-like tyranical views on your sleeve WHILE PUTTING THEM ON A PUBLIC MESSAGE BOARD FOR THE WORLD TO SEE
^^Another IRS bootlicking sympathizer. so sad

Old 03-09-2010, 12:29 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,076,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
sadly none of your "guesses" had him calling himself terrorist though
Osama bin Laden has never called himself a terrorist either. He considers himself a revolutionary fighting against oppression. Sound a little familiar?

Old 03-09-2010, 12:30 PM

938 posts, read 1,230,685 times
Quote:
And the French Revolution is long considered one of the most violent and worst revolutions in world history. Is that what you're justifying be done here, today, in America?

If need be to keep this country tyrant-free. cowards need not apply

Quote:
I have read the Communist Manifesto. I don't see it as a legitimate means of uprising and government. People don't seem to realize the it was written for entertainment purposes. It's supposed to be a fantasy. It's a decent read if you want to be entertained for a few days. But on that note, your views of uprising and revolt are a lot closer to Marxism, than mine or any other poster I've read in here.
It wasn't written for entertainment...lol... oh boy...I'm done

Old 03-09-2010, 12:31 PM

39 posts, read 34,045 times
Quote:
Osama bin Laden has never called himself a terrorist either. He considers himself a revolutionary fighting against oppression. Sound a little familiar?
I think you would do well to consider that more fully than you have yourself.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:33 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackacidlizzard View Post
I have not stated that I have empathy for Stack, you are leaping to a conclusion, possibly because I said one can be reasonable and have empathy for such a person. Please try not to make assumptions.

That is not not the gist of what I said. So I will ask you: since when are soldiers seen as irrelevant to a percieved victory in a war?

Damn. Either you suck at reading or you're a disingenuous fool.

Yeah, that puts enforcement agents in the category of "coward' for most of the abductions they carry out as well.
So, the bottom line is that you condone or applaud the murder of a man that worked for the IRS that did not even have the chance to face his killer or look him in the eye. There is not one analogy, comparison or ounce of logic that you can offer that would convince me and most people that this was a justifiable homicide. You claim not to defend Stack, but you demonize the victim. Your thought pattern is twisted and I'm still waiting for anyone her to tell us what Stack accomplished. You seem to be avoiding the question too. Nevermind my reading abilities, as it is your moral compass or lack thereof is what is questionable.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackacidlizzard View Post
Define innocent.
Someone who's never harmed or intended to harm someone on a significant scale. And IRS worker taking a few extra dollars out of your paycheck isn't only innocent, IT'S THE LAW.

Quote:
People working in menial "powerless" positions in the government targeted by the revolutionaries? Hah. Name one revolution where those people were NOT targets.
Most, if not all of them. Any Greek War, the Spanish Civil War, the American Revolution, the Alamo, etc

Quote:
During the war for independance from Britian, Amarican revolutionary soldiers also targeted people who wished to remain neuteral and refused to give material support to the revolution (or secession, whatever you want to call it). You really need to read up on your history. As far as philosophers go, what they say is somewhat irrelevant, but plenty have named those who stand aside as enemies - to say nothing of those who carry out the functions of the government.
Yep and those who targeted loyalists were later charged with crimes. Jefferson, Washington and most founding fathers spoke out against targeting loyalists, so as long as they gave no aid and refused to quarter troops.

I believe it was Jefferson who said something along the lines of "It would make us the grandest of hypocrites to persecute someone for belief."

Old 03-09-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
If need be to keep this country tyrant-free. cowards need not apply
How is this country being run under tyranny? Bush's social laws were more tyrannical than Obama or most modern presidents for that matter. Were you trying to overthrow the government then, too?

Quote:
It wasn't written for entertainment...lol... oh boy...I'm done
Have you actually read it? It was a means of utopia that some translated as a political statement, much like Gone with the Wind or the Wizard of oz.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
^^Another IRS bootlicking sympathizer. so sad
Believe me, it's much better to be an IRS syhmpathizer than the people you're inbedded with.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:43 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
suicide bombers do it all the time.

oh and to answer you Q: the French Revolution. lots of innocent blood got shed during that revolt.

I knew it was something about you....
...you follow the Communist Manifesto huh?
Who committed suicide as an act of terror during the French Revolution? That was the question, 4horsemen. You don't get to change the questions to suit your argument, you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies