Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 11:02 PM

394 posts, read 1,431,115 times

Advertisements

I consider myself a moderate. A centrist, if you will. I find myself completley out of touch with both the strong left and right of American politics. A friend of mine told me I should check out Glenn Beck's most recent books, "an inconvenient book" and "common sense". Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 11:22 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
Reading it now.

So far awesome.

I am liking Beck more and more all the time.

The man is onto something.

Common Sense, get it and read it. You might be amazed.

And pick up Dick Morris new book also.

DickMorris.com

In our new book, Catastrophe, we spell out clearly how Obama has disarmed us in the war on terror and excoriate him for giving Hamas almost $1 billion in foreign aid funneled through the United Nations relief agency in Gaza that takes orders from Hamas.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:48 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFan09 View Post
I consider myself a moderate. A centrist, if you will. I find myself completley out of touch with both the strong left and right of American politics. A friend of mine told me I should check out Glenn Beck's most recent books, "an inconvenient book" and "common sense". Thoughts?
It is not easy to buy a copy of Common Sense unless you are ready to try to be among the first in a store the day you look. I went in one last Thursday and the computer said they had three copies but the man couldn't find even one. He said they go out about as fast as they come in.

Amazon said after the first week that their number one seller, Common Sense, sold 8 times as many copies as the book in second place. Is that popular, or not?

Old 06-28-2009, 11:50 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,078,382 times
If you consider yourself a moderate person, you should steer as far away from Glenn Beck as possible.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:01 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,092,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
If you consider yourself a moderate person, you should steer as far away from Glenn Beck as possible.

Oh yes, that sounds moderate

I am trying to get a copy too. I cannot wait to read it. Liberals seem terrified of anything that may dispell the propaganda they suck up like lap dogs.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:04 AM

256 posts, read 479,758 times
Glen Beck is an extreme right wing nut.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:07 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times
Beck takes on all sides - he owes no alligence to any political party.

The "Common Sense" book is great.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:10 AM

413 posts, read 562,311 times
Beck reminds me of the guy who stands on the corner with a sign saying that the world is ending. He also really needs to have his mother dress him better. I have never seen a person on T.V. with a job like his dress so bad! Beck is a real piece of work.

Alliance for a Sustainable USA
Alliance for a Sustainable USA (AS-USA), formerly Diversity Alliance for a Sustainable America (DASA)

Old 06-29-2009, 01:13 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,092,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes/no View Post
Beck reminds me of the guy who stands on the corner with a sign saying that the world is ending. He also really needs to have his mother dress him better. I have never seen a person on T.V. with a job like his dress so bad! Beck is a real piece of work.

Alliance for a Sustainable USA
Alliance for a Sustainable USA (AS-USA), formerly Diversity Alliance for a Sustainable America (DASA)

If you are worried about how Beck dresses you must be horrified at how michelle obama dresses! She is a mess!

Old 06-29-2009, 01:17 AM

587 posts, read 409,937 times
He looks like a grown up Ralphy from Christmas Story. I like to listen to him, but he can be passionate about his opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies