Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 05:29 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times

Advertisements

Intelligent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 05:29 PM

92 posts, read 255,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
You mean like stereotyping all non-christians/non-believers as going to hell, to burn for an eternity?
Hey now, I NEVER mentioned ANYWHERE that people "Go to hell and burn for an eternity" for not being Christian. Don't say that when you don't even know what I believe. I never mentioned anything close to that. Don't you have better things to do?

You caught me on the Atheist thing, though. Sorry.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:40 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,384,753 times
Quote:
Okay, maybe I'll give this whole idea SOME credit based on the notion that less-intelligent people tend to believe in and follow things that seem "easier" to do in the long run instead of confronting and challenging those things like more intelligent people would do. That's exactly what Atheists do.
I've never had an Athiest knock on my door in an attempt to convert me. And though I am a Christian, I have had various denominations attempt to convince me that "their beliefs" were superior to mine.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:44 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
I've never had an Athiest knock on my door in an attempt to convert me. And though I am a Christian, I have had various denominations attempt to convince me that "their beliefs" were superior to mine.
They were probably blowing smoke.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:57 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,838 times
Default Doctors Warn only when drinking is excessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
Yes because god forbid a human being should have a drink...you know, that's just UNHEARD OF!
When the doctor tells you to cut back on drinking, it means you are drinking excessively. Doctors know moderate, social drinking is no threat to health.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:21 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Then they'll start on those with "poor eating habits".
It makes sense for them to caancel the Health Insurance of smokers, diabetics and the obese as they turn 50ish. Good enough, we don't need Health Care Reform anyway.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:24 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,838 times
Default Proving my point

[quote=stillkit;13122705]Really? What does a Mensa member "sound like?" Should I use bigger words or more abstract comments?

YOU SHOULD TRY LOGICAL ARGUMENTS AND DROP THE PUERILE SARCASM. I GET THE FEELING YOU'RE A TOBACCO EXECUTIVE.

No, I'm not saying that. But, neither is it "smart" to do a lot of thngs we all do..including you.

ACTUALLY, YOU'RE ON QUITE A BANDWAGON TRY AND DEFEND SMOKING. I GUESS YOU AGREE WITH SELF-MULTILATION, TOO? AND WHY DO YOU ASSUME I DO SELF-DESTRUCTIVE THINGS, JUST BECAUSE YOU DO?

I watched my Dad die from it too, but the one thing I NEVER did was badger him about his lifestyle decisions. He was a grown man, fully capable of making up his own mind and dealing with the consequences. Who was I to tell him what he could or couldn't do? Who are you to do the same thing? God didn't grant either of us the right to nag people for "their own good," did He?

YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS, UNLESS YOU HAVE NO LOVE FOR YOUR FAMILY WHATSOEVER. IF YOUR CHILDREN DECIDE TO SMOKE, LIKE BRILLIANT YOU, OR BE ADDICTED TO CRACK COCAINE, THEN YOU WILL HAVE NO OBJECTION TO THEM CHOOSING AN EARLY AND PAINFUL GRAVE? JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE OVER 18? IF YOUR DAUGHTER LIKES TO CUT HERSELF UP, OR PERHAPS GROWS UP AND MARRIES AN ABUSIVE MAN, YOU WILL NEVER SAY A WORD TO ENCOURAGE HER TO GET HELP? HAVE YOU EVER FELT LOVE TOWARDS ANYONE IN YOUR LIFE?

Don't work yourself into a tizzy...it's bad for your health and might lead to poor life-style choices like smoking.

AGAIN, YOU PROVE YOU'RE NO MENSA MEMBER. I DON'T EXPECT YOU TO SEE IT, BUT ANYONE WITH DECENT IQ READING THIS CAN TELL.

Here's a tip for you: Life is 100% fatal. Deal with it.

TIP FOR YOU: SUICIDE IS PAINFUL.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:41 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
[quote=NHartphotog;13128565]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Really? What does a Mensa member "sound like?" Should I use bigger words or more abstract comments?

YOU SHOULD TRY LOGICAL ARGUMENTS AND DROP THE PUERILE SARCASM. I GET THE FEELING YOU'RE A TOBACCO EXECUTIVE.

No, I'm not saying that. But, neither is it "smart" to do a lot of thngs we all do..including you.

ACTUALLY, YOU'RE ON QUITE A BANDWAGON TRY AND DEFEND SMOKING. I GUESS YOU AGREE WITH SELF-MULTILATION, TOO? AND WHY DO YOU ASSUME I DO SELF-DESTRUCTIVE THINGS, JUST BECAUSE YOU DO?

I watched my Dad die from it too, but the one thing I NEVER did was badger him about his lifestyle decisions. He was a grown man, fully capable of making up his own mind and dealing with the consequences. Who was I to tell him what he could or couldn't do? Who are you to do the same thing? God didn't grant either of us the right to nag people for "their own good," did He?

YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS, UNLESS YOU HAVE NO LOVE FOR YOUR FAMILY WHATSOEVER. IF YOUR CHILDREN DECIDE TO SMOKE, LIKE BRILLIANT YOU, OR BE ADDICTED TO CRACK COCAINE, THEN YOU WILL HAVE NO OBJECTION TO THEM CHOOSING AN EARLY AND PAINFUL GRAVE? JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE OVER 18? IF YOUR DAUGHTER LIKES TO CUT HERSELF UP, OR PERHAPS GROWS UP AND MARRIES AN ABUSIVE MAN, YOU WILL NEVER SAY A WORD TO ENCOURAGE HER TO GET HELP? HAVE YOU EVER FELT LOVE TOWARDS ANYONE IN YOUR LIFE?

Don't work yourself into a tizzy...it's bad for your health and might lead to poor life-style choices like smoking.

AGAIN, YOU PROVE YOU'RE NO MENSA MEMBER. I DON'T EXPECT YOU TO SEE IT, BUT ANYONE WITH DECENT IQ READING THIS CAN TELL.

Here's a tip for you: Life is 100% fatal. Deal with it.

TIP FOR YOU: SUICIDE IS PAINFUL.

Tip for you: Learn to use the quote feature so you won't have to yell.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:20 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
When the doctor tells you to cut back on drinking, it means you are drinking excessively. Doctors know moderate, social drinking is no threat to health.
Let's be real here...doctors are going to tell anyone who has more than 5 drinks a week to cut back. Next time I go to the doctor I will ask this & see what she says.

Another thing: do you really think the president of the united states could function if they were a drunk? I don't think so. Maybe they have in the past before television made them so prevelant but there is no way that Obama or any president before him recently could have a severe drinking problem & still be able to give press conferences, state of the union addresses, appearances, meetings, etc. & not be called out on it. No way, no how.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:59 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I just heard this being discussed on the radio as I was driving home from work, so I just had to look it up. Even know I HATE Fox news, I found it here:

Study: Smokers Have Lower IQs Than Non-Smokers - Stop Smoking - FOXNews.com

Maybe this explains why our current President is an idiot.
Why is Obama still smoking?

The president's doctor gave him a clean bill of health — with one big exception. Here's what is known about Obama's nicotine habit

U.S. News & Opinion
•
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Why is Obama still smoking? - THE WEEK (http://www.theweek.com/article/index/106952/Why_is_Obama_still_smoking - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies