Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 08:40 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,776,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The Conservative Political Action Conference's presidential straw poll, a key marker of the mood among conservative voters, apparently didn't mean anything to the network. And if it did mean something, the only real result is bragging rights for the individual candidates who were so well exposed. And hey, even Dick Cheney showed up.
Source: Fox News scrambles to discredit CPAC after Ron Paul wins presidential poll | Raw Story (http://rawstory.com/2010/02/fox-news-runs-damage-control-ron-paul-wins-cpac-presidential-straw-poll/ - broken link)

Ron Paul is a threat to Faux's neocon masters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 09:17 PM

680 posts, read 1,384,293 times
Ron Paul is a threat to the entire two-party system because he won't march in lock-step with anyone else's ideology. Neither Fox nor MSNBC know quite what to do with him.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:24 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,288,764 times
It's so hilarious that all of the sudden CPAC is not considered conservative after RP spanked the rest of the short bus "conservatives".

Of course, one of the guys on that video was Bill Kristol, son of Trotskyite Irving Kristol. Apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:27 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,632,440 times
They have minimalized Ron Paul every single chance they have had. I always knew that Fox was just another biased infotainment broadcast masquerading as news just like the liberal news outlets, but watching them **** on the most conservative and honest candidate the Republicans could have possibly brought forward made me realize that not only was Fox news opposed to liberals, but they are also opposed to real conservatives. They are only interested in the war hungry, liberal spending neocons.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:30 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,898,140 times

I really hope he's able to run for President in 2012. What a good man. I wish more Republicans were like him..

Old 03-02-2010, 09:38 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,242,711 times
Default Ron Paul for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post

I really hope he's able to run for President in 2012. What a good man. I wish more Republicans were like him..
I absolutely agree. But I bet they don't let him run! Every election the powers-that-be put up someone, like Sarah Palin, who is so pathetic that I hesitate to vote at all. There hasn't been a choice for me that wasn't "hold your nose and vote." I would vote for Ron Paul in a second. I love Dennis Kuchinch also (I'm a social liberal/fiscal conservative). But no way the American people would be able to vote for a President that would actually reverse the insidious growth of the Federal Government.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:47 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,704,444 times
Fox isn't just stupid they have an agenda, and it doesn't include the libertarians

Old 03-02-2010, 11:08 PM

114 posts, read 111,622 times
Hmmmmmmm .... Well, all of this seems really strange, because I distinctly remember Paul being on FOX the day after CPAC. I honestly can't remember which segment he was on, but I know for FACT that he was on there.

And as for some of the FOX contributors saying that the polls at CPAC aren't always true .... well, they're right ... they're not always correct. Romney had won the last 3 CPAC polls, and we can all see how that turned out.

And as for FOX's agenda not including libertarians ... Well, Glenn Beck is giving the Libertarian Party a HUGE platform and voice right now ..... Bigger than ever before!!!

And BTW, I voted for Paul .... So please don't come at me like I'm some kind of alien.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:20 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Fox has found itself a niche, to cater to those that don't (or can't) think. Ron Paul is far too an honest politician for these "conservatives". They did it during the primaries for President as well. Don't hold your breath to see Ron Paul get anywhere close on a republican ticket.

It isn't just Fox though. Ron Paul should have been a part of the bipartisan health care debate with the President last week. GOP leadership would rather have idiots like Boehner and Cantor.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:26 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,888,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappy1 View Post

And as for FOX's agenda not including libertarians ... Well, Glenn Beck is giving the Libertarian Party a HUGE platform and voice right now ..... Bigger than ever before!!!
Beck has a lot of non Libertarian ideas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies