Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2010, 01:53 AM

2,239 posts, read 3,230,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
What are you talking about? Straight people don't have sex in parks or on beaches? Straight people are the freakiest people around. Stop being hypocritical!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 01:54 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
yes....

chronic over terminal....

numbers don't lie.

and why is that?

LAPD cracking down on lewd acts in parks - 3/12/10 - Los Angeles-Southern California-LA Breaking News, Weather, Traffic, Sports - abc7.com

complacency

Old 03-18-2010, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
What are you talking about? Straight people don't have sex in parks or on beaches? Straight people are the freakiest people around. Stop being hypocritical!
Nobody is cracking down on heteros having sex on beaches.

Leaving the carnage of spent condoms around like a biohazard,.

Watch that video.

then talk to me.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:57 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Quote:
Nobody is cracking down on heteros having sex on beaches.

Leaving the carnage of spent condoms around like a biohazard,.

Watch that video.

then talk to me.
I watched it. the ground looked like where I use to park as a teenager. Trojan Man was standing guard for me for those many nights that I didn't get caught.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:59 AM

So you admit anonymous sex in the gay community is rampant and correlates with the CDC figures with regard to the HIV infection rate in the homosexual community.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:59 AM

971 posts, read 1,294,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
One of those learning tv channels said there are things within a woman's canal that are made to fight against things coming in, like viruses, bacteria, and other things. Is this something women have that helps to reduce the chance of them getting HIV?
Rectal tissue is much more susceptible to HIV than vaginal tissue. I don't recall why that's the case biologically or if it is also true for other diseases. And, I really don't feel like looking it up right now. haha

Old 03-18-2010, 02:00 AM

Can you describe the compulsion to have sex in a park in close proximity to a baseball park where children play?

From my perspective it seems like a need to be caught and at the same time to show children that it's ok to be secretive with the sex play that happens in the bushes.

Just wondering.

It seems to be so much a part of gay culture to have sex in public places to be "caught off guard" which is why this behaviour is happening in a park near children.

At least according to this news account.

Old 03-18-2010, 02:03 AM

Quote:
So you admit anonymous sex in the gay community is rampant and correlates with the CDC figures with regard to the HIV infection rate in the homosexual community.
I don't know if I'd use the word "rampant", but unprotected anonymous sex certainly is a large problem in the gay community and is the major culprit of HIV infection among gay males. Keep in mind, this problem goes hand in hand with the crystal meth abuse problem in the gay community.

I personally know 10 or 12 gay men who are open about being HIV positive. All but one were crystal meth users when the became infected (the other is a sad story - infected at 16 the very first time he ever had sex). My friend group is mostly 20s and 30s. I'm sure the stories are different for men in their 50s and 60s.

Old 03-18-2010, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Can you describe the compulsion to have sex in a park in close proximity to a baseball park where children play?

From my perspective it seems like a need to be caught and at the same time to show children that it's ok to be secretive with the sex play that happens in the bushes.

Just wondering.

It seems to be so much a part of gay culture to have sex in public places to be "caught off guard" which is why this behaviour is happening in a park near children.
Most of the gay men I know (which is a lot) have never had sex in a public park. It's not a large part of "gay culture" to have sex with strangers in public places.

Unfortunately, there are drug users and deeply repressed closet cases who participate in this kind of outrageous, disgusting behavior. They're not the norm, and they give us "normal" gays an unfair bad rap.

Old 03-18-2010, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverkid View Post
Most of the gay men I know (which is a lot) have never had sex in a public park. It's not a large part of "gay culture" to have sex with strangers in public places.

Unfortunately, there are drug users and deeply repressed closet cases who participate in this kind of outrageous, disgusting behavior. They're not the norm, and they give us "normal" gays an unfair bad rap.

It's homosexual behavior.. which is included in the CDC report.

So why take offense when it's brought to the forefront?

DEFINE IT:

"homosexual" behavior

"homosexual" culture

pick one.. but the way you have sex is not a protected minority.

then.. define.. "culture"... tell us what that is....

is there a "homosexual" culture..

we're all so confused. you can't play all sides of a game

pick and choose your battles wisely

I TAKE NOTES!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies