Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 10:32 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
Hey, if they're so smart why don't they just print their own text books? Maybe then there would be no Texas School Book Depository and JFK would still be alive.... Oh, I get it.
You mean you can retroactively un-murder someone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 10:37 AM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times
"I think people educators from all over the country should be making these decisions, a far more diverse group."

Why should someone from Maine or any other state have anything to do with what Texas does? Each state is responsible for its own.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:41 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,232,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB
Hey, if they're so smart why don't they just print their own text books? Maybe then there would be no Texas School Book Depository and JFK would still be alive.... Oh, I get it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Coincidence?
! ? ! ? ! Conspiracy ! ? ! ? !

Oh my Gawdz... the answer is in the textbooks ! ! ! !

Where's Nicolas Cage....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-18-2010, 10:43 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Inquisition here we come!
The Flat Earthers are taking over
We live in Connecticut, and our 4th grade children have an assignment about the Midwest. They are to include a map showing all 12 Midwestern states and the 5 Great Lakes. Problem is, Lake Ontario stubbornly refuses to move from the Northeast to the Midwest. Much like the planet Pluto, Ontario remains indifferent to the views of it by liberals. We have found no credible map made after 1600 that shows Lake Ontario in the Midwest. Fortunately, we live in one of those liberal enlightened states while the Great Lakes and the Midwest are in flyover country.

Flatearthing isn't reserved to evangelical Christians in Texas. Any coastal liberal would have trouble naming three states in flyover country.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
You mean you can retroactively un-murder someone?
Dude, they're liberals... it's just revisionist history.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:44 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllenArlingtonPark View Post
I think people educators from all over the country should be making these decisions, a far more diverse group.
I don't trust educators much, because they have all been educated.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:46 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post

No . . no - coincidence happens!

It's a cosmic, like, God thing!

God killed JFK!

People in Texas can prove it.

They were "there", if you catch my drift.

Fighting evil all day long.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:52 AM

148 posts, read 169,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllenArlingtonPark View Post
or don't learn. This is the craziest thing I have heard in years! The Texas Board of Education, because Texas buys the most books, decides on what will be included or excluded from your kids textbooks.

This needs to change because these people are nuts!
And you want who exactly to make the decisions on what the kids learn? If we allowed all parents a choice we would never get textbooks made. So these people are chosen to do it for them. What I do not understand is why doesn't each state have it's own company make books for that state? I for 1 remember in 8th grade learning Georgia history I can not imagine a texan was the one that decided what I would and what I would not learn about Georgia history.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
No . . no - coincidence happens!

It's a cosmic, like, God thing!

God killed JFK!

People in Texas can prove it.

They were "there", if you catch my drift.

Fighting evil all day long.
OH, I've been there dozens of times, sitting on my bicycle behind the picket fence on the edge of the grassy knoll. Watching the baptists trying to solve the mystery. Mothers walking around, wringing their hands, wailing and gnashing teeth... poor jackie... and that boy. The men, pacing the sidewalks along the street pointing to the location of the limo when the shots rang out, looking for brain parts. Looking up to the sixth floor window, back at the brain parts, holding up their hands, their fingers pointing as if taking aim, looking at the window, back to the blood stains.

Just as they're all getting worked up into a frenzy I aim my bike for take off and shout out...

It was Bill and Hillary.....

Old 03-18-2010, 11:12 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"I think people educators from all over the country should be making these decisions, a far more diverse group."

Why should someone from Maine or any other state have anything to do with what Texas does? Each state is responsible for its own.
Why should politicians be writing textbooks? These are not historians. History and social studies books should not be skewed toward the right or the left, they should contain factual information. They did not ask for any expert advice on this but are making changes based on their political views. This is a problem and a form of indoctrination. Why is this okay when it is the right who is doing the indoctinating?

This is not Texas history we're talking about. It is social studies and involves world history. That is why a more diverse group of people should've been consulted, not some tea-bagging right-wing politicians. At least this will get people to wake up and get out and vote. Texas has a very large Latino population which these folks want to omit from the history books. Something they'll wish they could take back like the history in these books come election time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies