Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 02:06 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
Only the Israel hating Obama would be so stupid . Its the waterway that Israel guards that has the most importance . Look at a map smart guy .
The Suez Canal? Check your map - that's in Egypt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 03:04 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
you just dont get it do you? If the USA dumps israel, then Israel will feel like it has to go it alone.
So be it. What Israel feels is its own issue. Agreeing to every demand or step Israeli government takes would be nothing but stupidity. America isn't supposed to be Israel's puppet as well as savior. It is sad that I see so many of you willing to compromise America's interests in favor of Israel's at any cost.

Quote:
If Israel goes it alone, then they will have no choice but to do preemptive attacks, and if needed nukes will not be out of bounds to ensure their survival.
Like I said earlier... then deal with the consequences. You reap what you sow.

Old 03-19-2010, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
So says the person who tried to use a link to a website called "Jew Watch" to prove her point.

Funny how liberals here seem to hate Israel, the only democracy in the Middle East, but support Palestine, a people of terrorist that even other muslim nations won't take in.
I think liberals tend to take side of who they see as oppressed. Reagan staunchly supported and may have paved the way for funneling tens of billions of US tax dollars into Israel, but even he was liberal enough to rebuke Israel when he saw fit.

Seriously, why do you "conservatives" defend any Israeli actions? Why are your interests so deeply engraved in Israel that you feel personally offended? And please don't give me this BS about "democracy". The "conservatives" have a long history of demolishing democracies around the globe, sometimes supporting dictatorship. Do you need examples if you're not educated enough on the subject?

Old 03-19-2010, 03:21 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I think liberals tend to take side of who they see as oppressed. Reagan staunchly supported and may have paved the way for funneling tens of billions of US tax dollars into Israel, but even he was liberal enough to rebuke Israel when he saw fit.

Seriously, why do you "conservatives" defend any Israeli actions? Why are your interests so deeply engraved in Israel that you feel personally offended? And please don't give me this BS about "democracy". The "conservatives" have a long history of demolishing democracies around the globe, sometimes supporting dictatorship. Do you need examples if you're not educated enough on the subject?
Actually, I think liberals supported Palestine ever since the PLO was supported and trained by the Soviet Union.

Old 03-19-2010, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Actually, I think liberals supported Palestine ever since the PLO was supported and trained by the Soviet Union.
How is Hamas working out for ya?

But if you hold a grudge against the USSR, be advised that in 1971, the oppressive Pakistan was backed by Nixon against the largest democracy in the world (India) that was allied with the USSR to liberate East Pakistanis from oppression (and eventual formation of Bangladesh). Do you understand why polarizations such as these happen?

Old 03-19-2010, 08:22 AM

2,574 posts, read 2,488,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Isn't that a little stereotypical
Not all Jewish people are rich and they only make up 2.2 percent of our population.

There are true & false stereotypes...

Old 03-23-2010, 09:21 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
UK expels Israeli diplomat over Dubai case
"Dubai authorities have accused Israel's Mossad spy agency of being behind the Jan 20. slaying of Mahmoud al-Mabhouh in a luxury hotel room, and have identified at least 26 suspects of an alleged hit squad that traveled to Dubai on fake identities and forged European and Australian passports.

At least 15 of the names used by the suspected killers match those of Israeli citizens who are dual nationals of Western countries — including eight Israeli-British dual nationals. All have denied involvement, saying their identities were stolen.

It is suspected Mossad specifically targeted the identities of dual nationals. It is relatively easy for British Jews — and Jews from other nations — to qualify for Israeli passports if they meet the basic requirements set out by the Israeli government. It is common for people to carry valid passports from both nations."

Old 03-23-2010, 09:24 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
So be it. What Israel feels is its own issue. Agreeing to every demand or step Israeli government takes would be nothing but stupidity. America isn't supposed to be Israel's puppet as well as savior. It is sad that I see so many of you willing to compromise America's interests in favor of Israel's at any cost.

Like I said earlier... then deal with the consequences. You reap what you sow.

the only consequences that Israel would have, is that the muslims in the middle east that are trying to kill them would no longer exist.

on the other hand, it might not be a bad idea for the USA to drop Israel, then we could always get rid of all the islamic terrorists like hamas and pbo's buddies.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:49 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
In 50 years ,USA gave to Israel 106b...( The real total figure ,I admit,may be higher...)

Let's calculate the billions in taxes that USA "collected"from the Jews in USA,who ...flock the high-income zones..
Income tax ( 70% till 1982),estate tax ( 55% till...recently,now at 45% )...
Even as capital gains,the tax was from 35% to 20%...

So,"the Jews" in USA paid dearly for that aid...
Well, it would be great if those Jews, (and others) who support Israel could pay the taxes, and leave the rest of us, who do not support Israel out of the picture. When...will Israel be able to stand alone ? is the US the "forever" well of never ending income ?

Old 03-23-2010, 09:52 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
The real question is how will we do it.
-Over the phone
- A text message
and what do we say, it's not you, it's me?
Junior, you hear that giant sucking sound ? You are being slowy weaned from the teat....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies