Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 07:55 AM

451 posts, read 835,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle Guy View Post
Why are we afraid to call what America and its allies did to Iraqis a holocaust? If what happened in Iraq isn't a holocaust what is?
Go away troll!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2007, 07:56 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,836,150 times
They seem to want us there. The current President of Iraq gets a little anxious when we talk about pulling out.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:01 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
They seem to want us there. The current President of Iraq gets a little anxious when we talk about pulling out.

He's got a goose laying golden eggs, is it really surprising he doesn't want to lose it?

Old 06-05-2007, 08:03 AM

1,135 posts, read 3,982,664 times
A few months old but still quite relevant because the numbers
have only increased and an actual vote has been taken that
supports this :

New Poll: 71 Percent Of Iraqis Want U.S. Forces To Withdraw Within A Year

The Program on International Policy Attitudes released a new poll on Iraqi public opinion today which finds that seven in ten Iraqis want US-led forces to commit to withdraw within a year. Moreover, an overwhelming majority believes that the US military presence in Iraq is provoking more conflict than it is preventing. The poll was conducted during the first week of September. Here are some of its key findings:
A large majority of Iraqis–71%–say they would like the Iraqi government to ask for US-led forces to be withdrawn from Iraq within a year or less. Given four options, 37 percent take the position that they would like US-led forces withdrawn “within six months,” while another 34 percent opt for “gradually withdraw[ing] US-led forces according to a one-year timeline.”
Support for attacks against US-led forces has increased sharply to 61 percent (27% strongly, 34% somewhat). This represents a 14-point increase from January 2006, when only 47 percent of Iraqis supported attacks.
– More broadly, 79 percent of Iraqis say that the US is having a negative influence on the situation in Iraq, with just 14 percent saying that it is having a positive influence.
– Asked “If the US made a commitment to withdraw from Iraq according to a timeline, do you think this would strengthen the Iraqi government, weaken it, or have no effect either way?” 53 percent said that it would strengthen the government, while just 24 percent said it would weaken the government.
– Asked what effect it would have “if US-led forces withdraw from Iraq in the next six months,” 58 percent overall say that violence would decrease (35% a lot, 23% a little).
Read the full report HERE.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:03 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
This is ridicules and the comparison is shamefull and a slap in the face to all the jews who were lost in the holocaust, typical leftist Seattlite mentality.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:04 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFury View Post
No, it really isn't.

You going to show me the thousands of examples in WWII of Jews killing Jews??? People are dying because it's a war zone. No different from any other war zone.

I don't know that I'd agree it's a holocaust except by the definition of total destruction, mostly by fire but....................is it still properly called a war zone when major combat operations have ended?

Old 06-05-2007, 08:06 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,297,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I don't know that I'd agree it's a holocaust except by the definition of total destruction, mostly by fire but....................is it still properly called a war zone when major combat operations have ended?
I'm sorry..... Called me out on a technicality. It's a war zone in EVERY WAY only there's no "official" war. Please excuse my gaff that made no difference in my point....

Old 06-05-2007, 08:07 AM

Its an Occupation.
And as with all occupations, there is going to
be resistance.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:08 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,297,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoZmiC NinJa View Post
Its not a war.
Its an Occupation.
Oh, so there's no war zone type violence occurring because we renamed our action there to something else. Thus all the people dying MUST be a systematic nazi-styled extermination.

Dazzling logic.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:10 AM

It makes a difference in the context of the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies