Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2010, 04:21 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Yep, real "extreme" right leaning...

2008 Pre-Election Coverage

Fox News

40% of John McCain stories were negative
40% of Barrack Obama stories were negative

MSNBC

73% of John McCain stories were negative
14% of Barrack Obama stories were negative

(Source: Project For Excellence In Journalism)
It was you, for whatever reason, that brought up MSNBC.
What is your obsession with it? I have never watched it and have no interest in watching it.
I have already mentioned you canwatch/read pick many other media NOT fox or msnbc.
You can compare them all you want, they are both biased.
When the owner of Fox admits openly that his networks follow a specific agenda, then why should I believe his networks are unbiased?

Also, I have seen many videos of Fox. They treat their viewers like mentally handicapped people. "Let me google what czar means".

A neutral network would not support a war, it would give you the facts and details of it, but would not openly support it.
Maybe its an american thing that media is not neutral anymore. Quite sad.

Old 03-20-2010, 04:23 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
If you really believe what you wrote there you have no understanding of black history.
The blacks that use the word don't use it to make a racist statement, the whites that use it want to make a racist statement.
You might as well ask a black person that you know. I am sure he or she will explain it to you.
Oh so its only racist if a white person uses it. It has a different meaning when a black person uses it.

Thanks for proving my point

Its like me saying you cant call me a honky while I call my brother one. I dont use words and then think someone else can't use them.

Last edited by Jadex; 03-20-2010 at 04:42 PM..

Old 03-20-2010, 04:23 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississippimagnolia View Post
No. Not more so than MSNBC. FoxNews is exactly like MSNBC only instead of being far left, fox is far right. I love watching FoxNews. They have great guests every single day and the debates are entertaining. And I am fairly conservative on many issues, so I enjoy listening to O'Reilly. But it's not news. If you want news, listen to BBC. If you want political entertainment and mind-candy, then watch MSNBC or Fox.

Thanks for your honesty. At least you know they are biased and you can deal with it. I wish people on both sides of the political spectrum would say the same about their favourite "news" channels.

Old 03-20-2010, 04:24 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Be proud, Tea Baggers. Family values, patriotism, compassion: all missing.

Bigotry, racism, hatred: all present and accounted for.

The Political Carnival: VIDEO: Tea Party protesters mob Reps. Lewis, Carson, Cummings, shout slurs (http://www.thepoliticalcarnival.net/2010/03/video-tea-party-protesters-mob-reps_20.html - broken link)

Old 03-20-2010, 04:26 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
Probably just imbedded leftest. I don't believe it for one minute.

What about the jerks calling the Tea people "crackers" and red necks, etc. Names are names and doesnt matter who slings them.

Old 03-20-2010, 04:26 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
For those who only believe FOX News....

FOXNews.com - Health Care Protesters Hurl Verbal Epithets at Black Lawmakers

Old 03-20-2010, 04:27 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
It was you, for whatever reason, that brought up MSNBC.
What is your obsession with it? I have never watched it and have no interest in watching it.
I have already mentioned you canwatch/read pick many other media NOT fox or msnbc.
You can compare them all you want, they are both biased.
When the owner of Fox admits openly that his networks follow a specific agenda, then why should I believe his networks are unbiased?

Also, I have seen many videos of Fox. They treat their viewers like mentally handicapped people. "Let me google what czar means".

A neutral network would not support a war, it would give you the facts and details of it, but would not openly support it.
Maybe its an american thing that media is not neutral anymore. Quite sad.
Actually, a link from MSNBC was posted before I mentioned that station (post #31).

As I said, going by actual studies and data, Fox News is less biased (and less likely to "follow a specific agenda") than the other two.

I never said Fox News is unbiased... just less so than the other two (CNN and MSNBC). Hope that answers your questions.

Old 03-20-2010, 04:28 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,173,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Sadly they arent getting through its not working. If a white person sees someone doing something related to the KKK and they dont speak up against it they are supporting it yes.
You clearly missed the point of what I was saying..
Quote:
I have never seen a white person use that word and there hasnt been a reaction. Look at this thread
That says more about you than it does about black people.
Quote:
Black pride = great
Hispanic pride = Wonderful
White pride = racist. Why is that I wonder
Because White pride was birthed out of dislike for minority groups' pride. It is a negative reaction to diversity. It is not a response to oppression and prejudice like it is with minority groups.

Old 03-20-2010, 04:28 PM

1,183 posts, read 2,890,782 times
Quote:
Be proud, Tea Baggers. Family values, patriotism, compassion: all missing.

Bigotry, racism, hatred: all present and accounted for.
I don't think that's fair, meson. I'm not a tea party member. However, I don't think you can paint all tea party members in a negative light simply because of a few obnoxious protestors. These protests always bring out the nuts. The most extreme of the extremes. I know...I live near D.C. There are thousands of tea party folks who are sitting at home in front of their televisions who are just as disgusted by that behavior as you are.

Part of the problem in this country is that people feel like what they see on television represents real life. It doesn't. There are rational, educated liberals and rational educated conservatives. But they don't make good T.V., do they?

Old 03-20-2010, 04:29 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Probably just imbedded leftest. I don't believe it for one minute.
What a mindset.

1. Deny it ever happened.

2. Dismiss the news sources as liberally-biased.

3. When Fox News reports that it did happen, blame it on "embedded leftists".

Unreal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies