Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 11:06 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,941,622 times

Advertisements

I am not eligible for health care - we make too much money to qualify for Medicaid and I have pre-existing conditions and cannot get private insurance. In 2014, this bill will mandate that I cannot be denied coverage. In the meanwhile, Obama and his administration will fine me $2250 annually for being born with asthma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 11:08 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
I am not eligible for health care - we make too much money to qualify for Medicaid and I have pre-existing conditions and cannot get private insurance. In 2014, this bill will mandate that I cannot be denied coverage. In the meanwhile, Obama and his administration will fine me $2250 annually for being born with asthma.
I'm sorry about your asthma.

Hope you stay well.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:32 AM

23 posts, read 66,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
The GOP was invited to particpate, but steadfastly refused.

As for back room deals? LOL How do think ANY legislation gets crafted? Good Lord, the amount of misinformation, misunderstandings and downright naive ideas people have about how their government actually operates is mindboggling.

How many here REALLY believe members of Congress are altruistic guardian's of the public good? How many believe they ever HAVE BEEN?
What info were you basing this off of? Where have you seen that the Republicans were invited to participate?

Old 03-22-2010, 03:12 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Not whining....pure anger. The courts will hopefully overturn this mess. It does nothing to keep premiums low, it raises everyones taxes, it still leaves you exposed for the hospital costs depending on which plan you take. The most expensive will leave 10% exposure, the next 30% exposure and the least of them 40%. Tell me what 40% of a million dollar surgery/hospital stay would be my friend. You gained a bowl full of rice in exchange for the freedom of choice. So eat it up.
Speaking of new taxes, this bill places taxes on all medical devices, so every single thing your doctor touches to care for you and me will be taxed, and who do these 0-Bot simps think will end up paying for it all, everyone of us, that's who?

This bill was not written to make health care more affordable, or to improve the quality of care, it was written with bribes, kickbacks and special interest exclusions to garner the most votes, and written with accounting tricks to make it score better with the CBO, and written to give the feds the power to control all areas of health care. The last thing this bill was written for was to better serve the American people.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:48 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Speaking of new taxes, this bill places taxes on all medical devices, so every single thing your doctor touches to care for you and me will be taxed, and who do these 0-Bot simps think will end up paying for it all, everyone of us, that's who?

This bill was not written to make health care more affordable, or to improve the quality of care, it was written with bribes, kickbacks and special interest exclusions to garner the most votes, and written with accounting tricks to make it score better with the CBO, and written to give the feds the power to control all areas of health care. The last thing this bill was written for was to better serve the American people.
A recent poll showed if Obamacare really kicks in 2014 as predicted that over 70% of doctors would consider getting out of the practice of medicine. The amount of schooling they receive gives them plenty of options too. The quality of care will decrease because they will bring in docs from other countries who will work for peanuts because it was better than what their country paid them. The requirements to practice medicine in some countries is not as stringent as in American schools. Good luck with any law suits from bad/subpar medical care you might receive because I am sure Obamacare prevents you from doing that especially if the doc is foreign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies