Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2010, 05:46 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,875,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Yeah, I know the difference. I am pro choice, why the pics?

Old 03-23-2010, 06:32 AM

4,560 posts, read 4,098,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
This post sums up liberal ideology in three concise statements.

Personal responsibility means nothing. Life means nothing.

Liberals have no more ammunition in this debate after reading this.
Wow can your stereotyping be any more childish?

I'm so glad you can fit us into a nice big box. Most liberals could do the same to you right about now.

I'll try to offer a couple logical arguments.

Last I checked, an embryo/fetus cannot survive outside a uterus until about 20 weeks into the pregnancy, and even then, low odds. Technically that makes it a parasite.

Parasitism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Women get raped and young girls get molested frequently. When I worked in an E.R. I'd see at least one or two a week, if not more. Women also can be raped and not tell people about it out of fear. At that point an embryo could be implanted.

Women can also be kidnapped and raped. They can be held for a long time. I know these are the exception to the rule, but these women should never be forced to carry a baby they didn't want and didn't have any choice in the matter. Or is this your idea of personal responsibility?

Maybe if pro lifers would think about these situations, instead of their black or white view of the issue, a compromise could be developed, however, like all other conservatives, compromise seems to be a four letter word.

I agree that if a woman has sex of her own free will and gets pregnant, she should at least have the decency to carry it to term. Or she should have gotten her tubes tied, etc. But if she doesn't want the baby and wants to give it up for adoption, where are the pro lifers on this matter, shouldn't they be out volunteering at orphanages, pushing for legislation to make adoption easier and cheaper so families don't have to go to China to adopt? Babies don't just matter when they're inside a uterus and then don't matter when they get out. There is a clear lack of consistancy on this stance.

What about pregnancies with unforeseen complications and premature labor? Should the parents be expected put the baby in a NICU they can't afford in hopes it will survive but they will go bankrupt? Or should they take the baby home because they can't afford care for it and do their best and the baby dies. Why aren't pro lifers up in arms about neonatal care being funded? If babies really mattered to these people, they should be petitioning for neonatology funding to help these babies instead of screwing unlucky parents with a bill. Its a lot easier to just be critical and condemn one thing though vs. offering a good solution.

I'll repeat a previous post now: If the child's right to life and babies the protection of those that cannot protect themselves really mattered we would see the same pro life people, out in force whenever Republicans tried to cut health care for children. Until then they are hypocrites.

Old 03-23-2010, 06:32 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,467,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Yeah, I know the difference. I am pro choice, why the pics?
Have more coffee. The pictures illustrate the point you were making...

Old 03-23-2010, 06:41 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Now that is the mindset of the left! It almost gives you pictures in your head of some demented crazed face with drool dripping from their lips.

The majority of my views are very far right, except for a woman's right to do as she wishes with her body.

I guess you could call me independent, that leans way right.

Old 03-23-2010, 06:47 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,558,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Do you think Tymberwolf is upset about the Iraqi kids or pregnant women killed with our tax dollars?
That's why the name of the movement should be changed to pro-fetal-life. Otherwise it's just blatantly dishonest.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:38 AM

1,125 posts, read 1,590,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
Where were you and your friends on the right screaming murder, when Bush sent our troops to Iraq to die????? Your tax money funded that too, you know.
Some of my friends were the ones going to die, we called it doing our duty. The difference is we understood the risk we were taking when we raised our right hand to voluntarily take the oath. What choice was those aborted babies given?

I morn all deaths, but to destroy an innocent before they even have a chance to live is truly horrible.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:42 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,219,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
If I were pregnant I'd do anything in my power, legal or not to get rid of it. I'd stab myself with an icepick first.

Not everybody gets all ooglie when it comes to bayyyyyyyybies. Sorry.

20yrsinBranson
blissfully childfree
thanks at least you take a stand you would kill the unborn rather than let it live

Old 03-23-2010, 07:51 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Congress and the Senate sent troops to Iraq. Bush just agreed with them. It had to go through the house and senate first.

It was not an executive order, or a police action.
You want to turn a blind eye to support your agenda, when you keep saying Bush sent troops into Iraq to die.

How many troops have been lost in Iraq?
How many troops have been lost in Afghanistan?
How many troops were lost in Vietnam?
How many troops were lost in Korea?
How many troops were lost in Germany and Europe?
How many troops were lost in the South Pacific?

Your just now realizing, freedom is not free.
The price of life paid in Iraq & Afghanistan, doesn't even come close to any other war.
You loose less lives driving a well trained offense, than you do playing catchup, defense.

And you want to compare war to an abortion??? Spin it baby, spin it.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:19 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,273,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
Some of my friends were the ones going to die, we called it doing our duty. The difference is we understood the risk we were taking when we raised our right hand to voluntarily take the oath. What choice was those aborted babies given?

I morn all deaths, but to destroy an innocent before they even have a chance to live is truly horrible.
Dude, it's not a baby until it's born.
Duh.
Your emotional approach has nothing to do with reality.

How many unwanted already born kids have you adopted?
None? Didn't think so.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:32 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,219,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Dude, it's not a baby until it's born.
Duh.
Your emotional approach has nothing to do with reality.

How many unwanted already born kids have you adopted?
None? Didn't think so.
Dude, it's not a baby until it's born

So you favor abortion up to birth.
So a mother at 35 weeks decided to abort you favor that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies