Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 12:21 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,257,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

What did Rush make last year? I think it was 35 million? And he donated 12 million of that. Wow, and the Obamas made 6 million and donated 20,000.00. Now we know who has a heart and who does not.
FYI - President Barack Obama donated his $1.4 million 2009 Nobel Peace Prize award to 10 charities. The donation was made tax free. Taking into consideration that President Obama has dependents to support and Rush only has his dependence on drugs to support, Obama's is the charitable person. Or, did Rush donate to charities involved with drug abuse?
Obama Names Charities Receiving His Nobel Prize Money - NYTimes.com

Last edited by tigerlily; 03-23-2010 at 12:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 12:22 PM

79 posts, read 74,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Yet this isn't the context to which the majority of sites are using to make a point. They are likining his response to others who have made claim they would leave the country if "xyz" was elected or "abc" was passed.

He was not stating he would leave the country, rather where he would go for his health care.

Also, if you look at the Costa Rica health care, I believe they allow for a private "opt out" which results in no taxes being taken out for the public system, though I am not completely sure about the details of it.

The point he was making is that he could simply head over there for his health care due to the fact that the costs are much lower than the US in the private industry due to the less intrusive regulations on the private system and mandates to the tax payers.

Though recently he had a woman on his show who worked for a health insurance company and she said that the bill doesn't allow for that angle of escape. So it wouldn't matter if he went there for health care or not, he will still be screwed here. /shrug
What you just typed makes his reasoning even more stupid.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:23 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
FYI - President Barack Obama donated his $1.4 million 2009 Nobel Peace Prize award to 10 charities. The donation was made tax free.
I doubt he would want to keep it due to the absurdity of him receiving it.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:23 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Funny you say this, Rush could buy every single one of us in this forum out in a heartbeat.

Just like Obama bought votes, Rush could buy and sell you with the change in his pocket.

He is that successful and that rich.

Why do you want him to leave, he is a real American and want illegals to stay?

He probably pays more taxes in a month then most here earn totally.
If he doesn't leave,. he's a liar. Ooh, Obama is a liar, too. Rush will become as one with Obama. And the circle is complete.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:24 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by File 2880 View Post
What you just typed makes his reasoning even more stupid.

Well, we have established that you can call things stupid, but can you actually comment anything past that? Maybe a little discussion rather than childish one liner remarks that do not explain themselves or provide any reasoning.

Or should I simply say your comment is "stupid"?

Old 03-23-2010, 12:26 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,190,828 times
It's almost too much fun listening to the big load trying to spin and reinterpret what "he really meant" I've heard his statements and I know what he said.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:28 PM

79 posts, read 74,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Well, we have established that you can call things stupid, but can you actually comment anything past that? Maybe a little discussion rather than childish one liner remarks that do not explain themselves or provide any reasoning.

Or should I simply say your comment is "stupid"?
What else is there to explain to you. Somethings don't need in depth explanation, especially since you're already a Limbaugh supporter your mind can not be changed. The idea that he wanted to leave based on the health care bill to another country that already offers a similar program is stupid and there is no debating or defending that. End of discussion. Typical right wing back peddling. Just like how you all will love this bill in 10 years and be screaming for the government to keep their hands off your health care.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:34 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,057,017 times
My wife and I already donated. The great part is this hypocritical turd will certainly refuse it, he has yet to lock himself in jail and throw away the key for his drug abuse, so they will donate it in his name to planned parenthood.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:34 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
FYI - President Barack Obama donated his $1.4 million 2009 Nobel Peace Prize award to 10 charities. The donation was made tax free.
So what?
IIRC, this is part of POTUS gift protocol when dealing with foreign gifts while occupying the office. A President may not profit directly while occupying the office from the position of his office. Of course once he is out of office it is a different ballgame. Do your own research.

Fact is as a private citizen, when Obama has not been forced to open his personal pocket he has not. As policy for government controlled "social justice" Obama likes to force compulsory redistribution of wealth rather than voluntary charity.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:38 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
My wife and I already donated. The great part is this hypocritical turd will certainly refuse it, he has yet to lock himself in jail and throw away the key for his drug abuse, so they will donate it in his name to planned parenthood.
Do you require every recovering addict to lock themselves and throw away the key? I thought lefites were for drug legalization, for everyone getting high?

Thumbs up for you donatign to the baby killers at Planned Parenthood (sarcasm). Maybe you have underlying racist motives given their statistics of abortions performed? Most are minorities. Can you say genocide?

liberals = the ultimate hypocrits
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies