Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 01:49 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
That is total HOGWASH. Pedophiles are sicko SOBs who are attracted to children. When that act is committed by a man against a boy, it's homosexual .. so peddle this disgusting propaganda elsewhere.

Man, am I sick and tired of this up is really down, nonsense.

Furthermore, there is a well known (though often denied) link between pedophilia and homosexuality, as is clearly defined here:

Study shows link between homosexuality and pedophilia - Interim, September 2002

So let's drop the BS ... and condemn the act without the PC twisting of reality.
I absolutely DO condemn the acts. But these acts are by pedophiles, not gay men. And it has nothing to do with being PC. You might want to check out your sources before making such claims.

That article you quote is about an article by Timothy Dailey (PhD in Theology. Family Research Council - a right wing religious organization). Dailey's article (it wasn't even a "study") has been exposed for misrepresenting actual studies, to claim his homophobic nonsense.

He references studies like those of well known researcher Karl Freund and makes claims that are the opposite of the scientists' conclusions. He is a far right-wing anti-gay religious freak with no qualifications in any field of science.

If you go half way down the page on the link below, you'll see exactly how he has completely misrepresented (aka lied about) other studies which actually conclude that homosexual men are no more likely to molest children that heterosexual men. In fact the opposite is true.
Facts About Homosexuality and Child Molestation

You'll find all sorts of homophobic rubbish on the net by religious anti-gay groups who try to link homosexuality with pedophilia.

http://www.internationalorder.org/scandal_response.html

Quote:
There are, however, two major problems with these claims which try to link homosexuality with pedophilia. First, the statistical data that has been cited is based upon a serious distortion of reputable scientists’ studies on child molestation. The scientists who authored the studies made no such claim about homosexuals posing a greater threat to children, and in fact in many cases explicitly argued the opposite. These scientists have concluded that pedophilia is a separate orientation from homosexuality and that the vast majority of molesters who target boys have either no interest in mature males or are heterosexual men who are attracted to the feminine characteristics of young boys.
Here's another link exposing people like Paul Cameron, who is often cited by anti-gay groups.
http://www.ralliance.org/HowTheyOperate.html

Quote:
In 1985, a federal judge concluded that Cameron had engaged in "fraud" and "misrepresentation" when he testified in a gay-related case in Texas. (Baker v. Wade, 106 Federal Rules Decisions 526 [N.D. Texas, 1985]) Judge Buchmeyer of the U.S. District Court of Dallas referred to "Cameron's sworn statement that 'homosexuals abuse children at a proportionately greater incident than do heterosexuals,'" and concluded that "Dr. Paul Cameron...has himself made misrepresentations to this Court" and that "There has been no fraud or misrepresentations except by Dr. Cameron"

Last edited by Ceist; 03-30-2010 at 02:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 02:16 AM

Quote:
And let's not confuse the truth with total BS. The article I linked to above presents the real truth of the matter, and homosexual males are disproportionally represented in the pedophile ranks. Here is an excerpt of that text:

This isn't coming from some straight white homophobic conservative male, pal. This is from YOUR gay community leaders!

And pedophiles absolutely tend to observe sexual orientation when selecting their victims. There are always exceptions, but the vast majority of pedophiles do pick their victims based on sexual orientation, with a disproportionate number being little boys victimized by homosexual males.

I't not a condemnation of all homosexual males unless one wishes to distort the matter ... then, it is.
Again, I'm sorry but you are wrong. The article (on a religious website) is referencing a piece of homophobic rubbish by Timothy Dailey (see above) who couldn't lie straight in bed. What you are quoting is directly from HIM, not any gay community leaders.

Please check your sources first before making such claims. It's this type of distortion of facts and vilification of gay people which spreads ignorance and bigotry.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:44 PM

15,092 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Again, I'm sorry but you are wrong. The article (on a religious website) is referencing a piece of homophobic rubbish by Timothy Dailey (see above) who couldn't lie straight in bed. What you are quoting is directly from HIM, not any gay community leaders.

Please check your sources first before making such claims. It's this type of distortion of facts and vilification of gay people which spreads ignorance and bigotry.
Transparently, you avoid addressing the information presented (i.e. direct quotes from the homosexual community's leadership), and instead, you attempt to impugn the source by claiming a right wing christian bias. But such a defense is laughable considering the Catholic Church .. as right wing and Christian as they come, seems to be from an organization standpoint, one of the most flagrant perpetrators of such vile acts against what seems to be almost exclusively little boys. How do you reconcile this bit of contradiction? You don't even try to.

Now, I'll grant you that the general public is easily snow jobbed on a multitude of issues, including this contentious matter. But you can't BS me.

And I don't pay much attention to any single source of information that cannot be corroborated and documented, so don't even try that tactic here .. it won't buy you a thing.

I rely on information, actions, and events which are well documented and easily verified, such as the Homosexual community's well established support of NAMBLA .. that disgusting group of vile creatures who unapologetically advertise and promote their criminal acts against little boys, including how to attract, gain trust, and safely engage in molestation of them (which they call man-boy love) and how to avoid getting caught, right on their own website.

I find such acceptance of this abhorrent behavior by many within the homosexual community, and the attempts of others to obfuscate the truth regarding the obvious homosexual nature of grown men molesting little boys to be as deceptive as it is disgusting, and a clear indictment on its face ... with no need for propagandizing from a "biased" outside source.

Furthermore, the plethora of homosexual based childhood books targeting young children in grade school ... and the constant push to indoctrinate children as young as 2nd graders with such "sex education" ... under the guise of helping children understand the "alternative lifestyle" and to "train" them to be sensitive and accepting of such differences is just another trojan horse coming from the degenerate extreme left social engineers who are attacking, not educating children. There is absolutely no earthly reason to subject children to such adult matters at their young age.

And, the constant efforts to lower the age of consent is another exclusive of the leftist perverts to capture and train them while they are more vulnerable to such influences. The whole bloody nightmarish war on children being conducted by the left liberal extremists is UNDENIABLE, and easily recognized by those who haven't been baffled by liberal BS.

Personally, I couldn't care less what two consenting adults do in private. I couldn't care less!! But, when it comes to sponsoring such "education" of school children ... when it comes to the blatant and transparent attempts to disguise these perverse attacks on little boys by disassociation and claiming that sexual orientation plays no role, then I consider it complicity and defense.

There are sicko heterosexuals out there ... men who molest little girls .. often times members of their own family .. daughters, nieces, etc., and these attacks are equally despicable. So there is no attempt being made to suggest that child molestation is exclusive to homosexuals.

But you know ... I've never witnessed, or heard of a SINGLE SOLITARY heterosexual person make even the slightest attempt to obfuscate the nature of such acts, let alone support a group of criminal perverts such as NAMBLA ... only the left liberal extremist homosexual community dares to do such a thing.

And acceptance is complicity. PERIOD!

Old 03-30-2010, 02:32 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
NYT: Pope failed to defrock sex abuse priest - The New York Times- msnbc.com

Heh. Interesting to note, if you're a female teacher that sleeps with a kid, and you're hot, you get probation.

If you're not a hot female teacher, you get years of jail time. Or male.

If you're a gay priest getting it from 200 deaf boys, you write a quick note to the (now) Pope and say, "Look man, I just want to live out the rest of my priesthood in dignity. Oh, yeah, I totally repent and stuff."

BAM! Good to go.
why is this so important to you to post?

Nita

Old 03-30-2010, 02:34 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times
The Roman Catholic church has lost allot of my respect. The trail of deceit is almost at the foot of The Pope. Shame on the Catholic Church!!

Old 03-30-2010, 03:15 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
You are obviously a very smart and well educated guy so I have some serious questions I'd like to ask you.

Quote:
Furthermore, the plethora of homosexual based childhood books targeting young children in grade school ... and the constant push to indoctrinate children as young as 2nd graders with such "sex education" ... under the guise of helping children understand the "alternative lifestyle" and to "train" them to be sensitive and accepting of such differences is just another trojan horse coming from the degenerate extreme left social engineers who are attacking, not educating children. There is absolutely no earthly reason to subject children to such adult matters at their young age.

[CUT]

There are sicko heterosexuals out there ... men who molest little girls .. often times members of their own family .. daughters, nieces, etc., and these attacks are equally despicable. So there is no attempt being made to suggest that child molestation is exclusive to homosexuals.
You say 'there is absolutely no earthly reason to subject children to such adult matters at their young age' referring to sex education. Do you think sex education is at all beneficial in schools and at what age? Especially in regards to molestation? As you mentioned many children are molested by family members. Wouldn't educating children about sex and sexuality empower molested children to better understand what was happening to them?

If you think that sex/sexuality should be taught in schools do you think that homosexuality should be discussed at the same time heterosexuality is covered?

Last edited by filihok; 03-30-2010 at 03:25 PM..

Old 03-31-2010, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Transparently, you avoid addressing the information presented (i.e. direct quotes from the homosexual community's leadership), and instead, you attempt to impugn the source by claiming a right wing christian bias. But such a defense is laughable considering the Catholic Church .. as right wing and Christian as they come, seems to be from an organization standpoint, one of the most flagrant perpetrators of such vile acts against what seems to be almost exclusively little boys. How do you reconcile this bit of contradiction? You don't even try to.

Now, I'll grant you that the general public is easily snow jobbed on a multitude of issues, including this contentious matter. But you can't BS me.

And I don't pay much attention to any single source of information that cannot be corroborated and documented, so don't even try that tactic here .. it won't buy you a thing.

I rely on information, actions, and events which are well documented and easily verified, such as the Homosexual community's well established support of NAMBLA .. that disgusting group of vile creatures who unapologetically advertise and promote their criminal acts against little boys, including how to attract, gain trust, and safely engage in molestation of them (which they call man-boy love) and how to avoid getting caught, right on their own website.

I find such acceptance of this abhorrent behavior by many within the homosexual community, and the attempts of others to obfuscate the truth regarding the obvious homosexual nature of grown men molesting little boys to be as deceptive as it is disgusting, and a clear indictment on its face ... with no need for propagandizing from a "biased" outside source.

And, the constant efforts to lower the age of consent is another exclusive of the leftist perverts to capture and train them while they are more vulnerable to such influences. The whole bloody nightmarish war on children being conducted by the left liberal extremists is UNDENIABLE, and easily recognized by those who haven't been baffled by liberal BS.

Personally, I couldn't care less what two consenting adults do in private. I couldn't care less!! But, when it comes to sponsoring such "education" of school children ... when it comes to the blatant and transparent attempts to disguise these perverse attacks on little boys by disassociation and claiming that sexual orientation plays no role, then I consider it complicity and defense.

But you know ... I've never witnessed, or heard of a SINGLE SOLITARY heterosexual person make even the slightest attempt to obfuscate the nature of such acts, let alone support a group of criminal perverts such as NAMBLA ... only the left liberal extremist homosexual community dares to do such a thing.

And acceptance is complicity. PERIOD!
*SIGH* - You are really shooting yourself in the foot.

It seems you didn’t bother to read any of the links I posted about the “article” you seem to have gotten your “misinformation” from.

Especially this one from the University of California from internationally respected Professor of Psychology Dr Greg Herek who showed exactly how Timothy Dailey completely misrepresented the studies he cited in the article you linked to.

Or how about what Dr A. Nicholas Groth himself had to say to Timothy Dailey about his misrepresentation of his studies? (Groth, A. Nicholas. Letter to Timothy J. Dailey, Ph. D., Family Research Council. June 10, 2002. Included in the Human Rights Campaign’s press release dated June 14, 2002)
Quote:
“Since your report, in my view, misrepresents the facts of what we know about this matter from scientific investigation, and does not indicate that my studies on this topic reach conclusions diametrically opposed to yours, I would appreciate your removing any reference to my work in your paper lest it appear to the reader that my research supports your views.”
You want more links? Ones that are "well documented and verified"? OKay then - read on. But I'd sure love to see YOUR "well documented and verified links" as you claim - because the only places you will find rubbish like that is from religious based anti-gay propaganda sites whose claims can be easily debunked by looking at the actual studies they misquote and distort.

How about some links to actual studies and articles from RESPECTED peer reviewed publications and professional organizations? Instead of the article about Timothy Dailey’s well known and long debunked homophobic “report” you got from some religious website? (it was NOT a “well known “study” as you claimed)

National Institutes of Health – PubMed (Groth and Birnbaum, “Adult Sexual Orientation and Attraction to Underage Persons.”)

Quote:
“The belief that homosexuals are particularly attracted to children is completely unsupported by our data.” “The adult heterosexual male constitutes a greater risk to the underage child than does the adult homosexual male”
Journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics(Jenny and Roesler, “Are Children at Risk for Sexual Abuse by Homosexuals?”)
Quote:
“A child’s risk of being molested by his or her relative’s heterosexual partner is over 100 times greater than by someone who might be identifiable as being homosexual, lesbian or bisexual.”

Journal of the American Medical Association -
Sexual Abuse of Boys Definition, Prevalence, Correlates, Sequelae, and Management William C. Holmes, MD, MSCE; Gail B. Slap, MD, MS JAMA. 1998;280:1855-1862.
Quote:
"One study noted that 98% of these male perpetrators self-identified as heterosexual."
Journal of Psychology and Human Sexuality -(Stevenson, “Public Policy, Homosexuality and the Sexual Coercion of Children.”)
Quote:
“A gay man is no more likely than a straight man to perpetrate sexual activity with children.”
Journal of Sex Research -Freund, Kurt; Watson, Robin J.; Rienzo, Douglas. “Heterosexuality, homosexuality, and the erotic age preference.” Journal of Sex Research 26, no. 1 (1989): 107-117
Quote:
“Homosexual males who preferred physically mature partners responded no more to male children than heterosexual males who preferred physically mature partners responded to female children”
New England Journal of Medicine Article: Gays Are Rarely Sex Offenders

What you will NOT find is any study from reputable scientists in ANY peer-reviewed publication that claims what you claim.

In fact, what you will find is the opposite. Read the actual studies by reputable scientists, (especially all those by A Nicholas Groth or Dr Kurt Freund) instead of the crap you presented by Timothy Dailey (PhD in Theology and BS - that's Bull-Sheeit not Bachelor Of Science) who misrepresented their work.

You WILL however, find all the crap you can read from religious websites like the one you linked to. By the way, these types of websites are the only ones on which you will hear about that virtually defunct extremist group of sickos NAMBLA. "Direct quotes" from "the gay community" that cab be "well documented and easily verified" as you claim? Hardly. Misrepresentation, distortion and lies? Absolutely.

So do you think all those respected scientists publishing in reputable peer-reviewed publications are ALL wrong? And your Mr Phd in Theology from a well known anti-gay propaganda organization, Timothy Dailey, who misquotes and distorts their work is....right?

Last edited by Ceist; 03-31-2010 at 05:35 AM..

Old 03-31-2010, 04:21 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
NYT: Pope failed to defrock sex abuse priest - The New York Times- msnbc.com

Heh. Interesting to note, if you're a female teacher that sleeps with a kid, and you're hot, you get probation.

If you're not a hot female teacher, you get years of jail time. Or male.

If you're a gay priest getting it from 200 deaf boys, you write a quick note to the (now) Pope and say, "Look man, I just want to live out the rest of my priesthood in dignity. Oh, yeah, I totally repent and stuff."

BAM! Good to go.

Sit in a box, confess your sins, say a few hail marys as a penalty and it's all good.....

Old 03-31-2010, 06:21 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
The Celibacy rule needs to change, the only reason little boys are the targets is because they can't get pregnant.
That's not the reason, it's because they have very little access to the girls. In the past, it was usually only the nuns that were teachers so, the priests were rarely in the school. The reason they have access to the boys is because some become alter boys. Before each mass they dress (put their robes on) in a back room along with the priest that's going to be conducting the mass.

The celibacy rule is crazy, it's not normal.....how are they suppose to remain celibate their entire lives, it's not normal. They should be allowed to marry. Can you imagine the kind of things they have to listen to when people give confession.....they sit in the confessional booth throughout the week at scheduled times so that followers are free to step in one side of the booth and give confession anonymously. I'm sure they hear kinds of sexual stuff.

I can't read the article for the link given.....it doesn't work so, I don't know any of the details. I know from other cases, the priests usually just got relocated some where when they went to a cardinal or bishop to confess what they were doing. If the problem comes to light this way, I'm sure it creates a dilema with a confession being something that they have to keep secret.....they probably have to convince the priest to turn themselves into the authorities.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
That's not the reason, it's because they have very little access to the girls. In the past, it was usually only the nuns that were teachers so, the priests were rarely in the school. The reason they have access to the boys is because some become alter boys. Before each mass they dress (put their robes on) in a back room along with the priest that's going to be conducting the mass.

The celibacy rule is crazy, it's not normal.....how are they suppose to remain celibate their entire lives, it's not normal. They should be allowed to marry. Can you imagine the kind of things they have to listen to when people give confession.....they sit in the confessional booth throughout the week at scheduled times so that followers are free to step in one side of the booth and give confession anonymously. I'm sure they hear kinds of sexual stuff.

I can't read the article for the link given.....it doesn't work so, I don't know any of the details. I know from other cases, the priests usually just got relocated some where when they went to a cardinal or bishop to confess what they were doing. If the problem comes to light this way, I'm sure it creates a dilema with a confession being something that they have to keep secret.....they probably have to convince the priest to turn themselves into the authorities.
I agree with you about the "access" to boys.

And as some of the studies I linked to above show, it's also because these young pre-pubescent boys are more like females - ie soft skinned, delicate, no facial hair and body hair and NOT like adult men. Which makes them more attractive to men whose adult sexual orientation (if they have one) would be heterosexual, not homosexual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies