Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 09:09 PM

217 posts, read 554,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
You know what? Paying extra for being a lard@ss would be a good thing.

Many in this country...especially here in the Midwest....are in HORRIBLE shape. We have a 7-year-old daughter, and more than half of her class is already overweight/obese. Way too many fatties out there burdening the about-to-be-dysfunctional heathcare resources. Too many feasting on Pepsi and Pringles at lunchtime. Type II Diabetes cases - usually caused by obesity/poor diet/no exercise - are through the freaking roof!

Put down the Wii, the Quarter Pounder and the Dr. Pepper, and go outside for a walk!

And for the libs - why don't you ever whine about how McDonald's and Burger King and the other purveyors of **** food target minorities in their commercials? I am for free enterprise but also for a healthy America.
Gotta agree with you here on these points. Americans truly are fat asses. Its sad but true. It would be kinda pathetic if the government has to regulate it but it really is a problem. I live in NYC and see so many kids who's parents could not care less about their childs health. People in general dont cook healthy anymore. I also agree about the midwest. I have family in IL and IN and they along with most people I encounter on my trips there are flat out fat. I was amazed at my recent trips to Spain, Amsterdam and Germany because although I dont have stats to back it up, but my wife and I were amazed that we saw literally no overweight people anywhere. It's funny because I didnt notice one fast food joint anywhere I stayed (3 weeks and 4-5 different places in each country).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
We had Chocodiles at my last family gathering.
I am jealous. Was it a long family gathering? Because as everyone who grew up in the 70s knows, it takes a while to eat a Chocodile.

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
Seriously?! Did you end up on this thread by accident?

Whoa, heavy dude.
You do not see the relevance of that poem in and how it concerns the encroachment of freedoms and the irresponsible nature of those concerning it?

You haven't seen:

I don't smoke, so I am all for the bans.

I don't eat that junk food, they should tax it more or ban it!

Soda is bad for you, I am ok with it being banned or taxed.

It is irresponsible behavior and it is the self interest and lack of concern for the encroachment on the freedoms of others to which will result in the loss of freedoms for all.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:11 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
You know what? Paying extra for being a lard@ss would be a good thing.

Many in this country...especially here in the Midwest....are in HORRIBLE shape. We have a 7-year-old daughter, and more than half of her class is already overweight/obese. Way too many fatties out there burdening the about-to-be-dysfunctional heathcare resources. Too many feasting on Pepsi and Pringles at lunchtime. Type II Diabetes cases - usually caused by obesity/poor diet/no exercise - are through the freaking roof!

Put down the Wii, the Quarter Pounder and the Dr. Pepper, and go outside for a walk!

And for the libs - why don't you ever whine about how McDonald's and Burger King and the other purveyors of **** food target minorities in their commercials? I am for free enterprise but also for a healthy America.
Fine, encourage better living, sponsor it, donate to movements that promote it. Denying the choice is simply a double edged blade that will eventually cut you.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:19 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
I'm getting a bumper sticker that says: They kin have mah Twinkie when they pry it from mah cold, daid fingers.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:19 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gez137 View Post
Gotta agree with you here on these points. Americans truly are fat asses. Its sad but true. It would be kinda pathetic if the government has to regulate it but it really is a problem. I live in NYC and see so many kids who's parents could not care less about their childs health. People in general dont cook healthy anymore. I also agree about the midwest. I have family in IL and IN and they along with most people I encounter on my trips there are flat out fat. I was amazed at my recent trips to Spain, Amsterdam and Germany because although I dont have stats to back it up, but my wife and I were amazed that we saw literally no overweight people anywhere. It's funny because I didnt notice one fast food joint anywhere I stayed (3 weeks and 4-5 different places in each country).
Of course the people in those places are thin ... by the time they're done paying all of those high taxes, there isn't any money left over for food ..

Old 03-25-2010, 09:20 PM

760 posts, read 1,271,891 times
I don't smoke, but if you want to smoke, go ahead, just don't come crying to me when you die of lung cancer. I try to stay away from processed junk food, if you want to indulge in McDonald's and Pizza, knock yourself out, just don't come crying when you have colon cancer and diabetes and weigh 250lbs.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:25 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
The government needs to send these "full figured" people to "fat camps" in the deserts of California. That should do the trick jk

Old 03-25-2010, 09:27 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Nobody deserves cancer. Even those who smoke. Nicotine is an extremely difficult drug to ween from. Advertising doesn't help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyPants View Post
I don't smoke, but if you want to smoke, go ahead, just don't come crying to me when you die of lung cancer. I try to stay away from processed junk food, if you want to indulge in McDonald's and Pizza, knock yourself out, just don't come crying when you have colon cancer and diabetes and weigh 250lbs.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:28 PM

1,183 posts, read 2,890,782 times
I would be totally ok with making fatties pay higher insurance premiums. Smokers do. Being fat is a health risk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies