Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 10:13 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,010,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
We don't have troops in Israel. We do have troops stationed in many countries including South Korea, Japan, Italy, Germany, and many other places. One of the less spoken reasons why Congress will not close those bases is these are their taxpayer paid vacations. They use visiting the troops as an excuse to take the family on vacation. We had a congressman visit our ship in Gaeta, Italy for one day and then the rest of the time was spent in the Italian countryside with his family. They all do this, both political parties. Some of these countries don't want to loose the American bases because of the money the bases generate for the local population. Some smaller places like Gaeta, Italy and Rota, Spain could easily survive America pulling out. But there are other places that would go through an bad economic down turn. I'm all for closing those foreign bases and stationing all those troops and ships along our land and water borders with Mexico. Not only would it help keep the Mexican drug lords and Mexican military on their side of the border, it would pump money into poor border towns along the southwest.

Holy smokes, sailordave, I agree with you. Who da thunk it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 07:43 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
Can't rep you again yet but here is a metaphysical +1

He thinks oxtail is an insult.

I loves me some gori gomtang.

And kimchi jigae and bulgogi, and galbi, and japchae, and..

No budae jigae though please. ;P
It'll probably bother him that I still have my yobo, AND so do most of the guys on my street.

Since I can see Mexico from my house (yes really) I'd love to see the US Army protecting the US Border

Old 04-18-2010, 03:20 PM

139 posts, read 254,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
It'll probably bother him that I still have my yobo, AND so do most of the guys on my street.

Since I can see Mexico from my house (yes really) I'd love to see the US Army protecting the US Border
Friend, I don't really care what you're married to. You missed my point entirely. The majority of GI's that married Koreans usually ended up being a burdon on their unit due to their blackmarket activities, the fact that they lived off post, and usually wanted everybody to accomodate them because they were in a "special situation" while serving in a dependant restricted area. You can bawl all you want but those are the facts, and if you don't know it either you must have never been in a leadership position, or possibly served with the 8th Army pukes. Take it from a guy that served 5 tours in the 2nd ID. Just because you can kimchee squat and know how to burn ondol doesn't make you an authority on a damn thing. Now go get that oxtail, prices are up!

Old 04-18-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ina Van Down By The River View Post
Friend, I don't really care what you're married to. You missed my point entirely. The majority of GI's that married Koreans usually ended up being a burdon on their unit due to their blackmarket activities, the fact that they lived off post, and usually wanted everybody to accomodate them because they were in a "special situation" while serving in a dependant restricted area. You can bawl all you want but those are the facts, and if you don't know it either you must have never been in a leadership position, or possibly served with the 8th Army pukes. Take it from a guy that served 5 tours in the 2nd ID. Just because you can kimchee squat and know how to burn ondol doesn't make you an authority on a damn thing. Now go get that oxtail, prices are up!
I didn't miss your bigoted point or your other insults. My tour were with 1st Cav, 2nd Inf Div and 7th Inf Div. You keep your little REMF stereotypes, shame you couldn't make QRP

Last edited by Boompa; 04-18-2010 at 10:33 PM..

Old 04-19-2010, 02:15 PM

Boompa, my apologies. I did not mean to offend you.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:41 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ina Van Down By The River View Post
How's that "hope and change" working for you?

Obama will apologize and send North Korea a trillion in aid.

tea partier^

Old 04-19-2010, 02:50 PM

I seem to recall the last administration negotiated a """Trade Pact""" with South Korea which allows them to have vehicles assembled at the Hyundai Plant in KEASONG NORTH KOREA, then train them into the south and send them to America as built in South Korea. That sure was tough

Old 04-19-2010, 02:52 PM

2,229 posts, read 1,686,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Since you're trying to derail the thread into a bush support thread, go watch Frontline: Bush's War. Pretty sure it's in there. If you want to start a different thread on the topic, I would discuss it there.
LOL. Funniest **** I have seen in awhile.

You bring up the Iraq war to throw out a little bit of BS, derailing the thread by intentionally providing an opinion as fact, and then when people call your BS, you claim THEY derailed the thread.

You want to use any thread you like to put out your anti-Bush non-sense and then when people call you on it, you run away with your tail between your legs.

Cheap.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Guess you dudes love war.

South Korean navy ship sinks, North link played down | Reuters

The investigation is still inconclusive. This is like when our government tried to blame Saddham Hussein for 9/11 right after it happened. Reactionary drivel.

Also no need to thank me for posting an article instead of being a partisan hack like yourself
FOXNews.com - Torpedo blast likely sank warship: SKorea minister

Old 04-25-2010, 12:23 PM

Over a month and not even the South Koreans believe Fox """"News""". Why did you feel the need to drag it back?
Perhaps they could blame Obama, then the Tea Baggers would believe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies