Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 02:50 PM

79 posts, read 94,165 times

Advertisements

Poor Obama!!!! Thats what happens when you don't respect the constitution.

Newsmax - Napolitano: Supreme Court to Strike Down Obamacare
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 02:56 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Napolitano tells Newsmax that the longstanding precedent of state regulation of the healthcare industry makes the new federal regulations that much more problematic.

Which is exactly what I've been saying since day 1..

Had the Democrats following the GOP plan, allowing insurance companies to cross the state line, THEN the federal government might have had jurisdictional grounds to pass such a bill..

7,211 posts, read 9,430,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
Poor Obama!!!! Thats what happens when you don't respect the constitution.

Newsmax - Napolitano: Supreme Court to Strike Down Obamacare

Judge Napolitano of Faux News....don't make me laugh.

2,125 posts, read 1,939,708 times
This isn't going to happen any time soon, and most likely at all.

Quote:
Until then, there would be no legal case that individuals had been actually harmed by the law. Moreover, Napolitano says it takes an average of four years for a case to work its way through the various federal courts the final hearing that's expected to come before the Supreme Court.

"You're talking about 2018, which is eight years from now, before it is likely the Supreme Court will hear this," he says.
P.S. Newsmax is blatant propaganda.

Old 03-27-2010, 02:57 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
KUNC: Colo AG Lawsuit Chances Slim, Say Analysts (2010-03-23)

"But the courts have long sided with the federal government in cases involving the Constitution's commerce clause.

"Let me put it this way, this is going to be a hard argument for the attorneys general to make," says Professor Robert Nagel, who teaches constitutional law at the University of Colorado at Boulder. "

Old 03-27-2010, 03:00 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
This Napolitano, according to author and judicial analyst Andrew P. Napolitano.

I for one see we are in a big problem with Obama... he hasn't a clue about the Cons or any thing in particular American for that matter. Even if he is American, by birth he has no idea about us. He may as well have been born on the moon if you ask me.

One minute he was born from the darkness, the next instant a senator with no proven anything, for 176 days, and as a unknown somehow came into votes which got him elected.

So far nothing makes any sence, and so far all he has done is win the Gun Saleman award for the year.

I don't care if the guy is orange, but i do want a guy that knows something about how to run a large, very large corp. As it is this country is a ship at sea with a fool for a captian.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:02 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,054,512 times
Hummm, a partisan journalist with no legal training can predict the future?

You know what they say "anyone claiming the know the future as a fact is a lunatic or trying to sell you something"

Since he hasn't set up shop...

Old 03-27-2010, 03:02 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Judge Napolitano of Faux News....don't make me laugh.
Thats the jist of your argument? You cant dispute one thing stated?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
This isn't going to happen any time soon, and most likely at all.
Actually the Supreme Court can hear the constitutional challenges rather soon. Most likely within a 1 year timeframe. They can expedite the challenge due to the number of cases involved, the seriousness of the matter, and to stop different federal courts from trying the same case all across the country, and just lump them all together..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
KUNC: Colo AG Lawsuit Chances Slim, Say Analysts (2010-03-23)

"But the courts have long sided with the federal government in cases involving the Constitution's commerce clause.

"Let me put it this way, this is going to be a hard argument for the attorneys general to make," says Professor Robert Nagel, who teaches constitutional law at the University of Colorado at Boulder. "
I've seen the link before. Soon as you tell me how healthcare insurance cross the state line, I'll agree that the commerce clause holds relevance..

Old 03-27-2010, 03:03 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Too stupid to post only one thread on this topic: this newsmax (how's that for a byte of reality) has already been featured in another inane thread.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:04 PM

971 posts, read 1,294,582 times
No they won't:

Health bill lawsuits are going nowhere - CNN.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies