Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 04:38 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,655 times

Advertisements

Did you see how big the bill is???
They don't even KNOW what they voted in and we probably never will either.
We will find out some of it though and here is my question:
How many companies will have to LAY OFF employees because of this bill?
Oh boy, we have healthcare! UMMMM no job though, but YEAAAAA!
Watch Fox news and you will know what we have learned.
I am very worried about this.
I just know that if my boss goes under then I go under with her.
I will be worrying about my grown children who are teachers and all of us having a place to live and food to eat.
When the state goes under, how many people are going to lose their jobs?
The states HAVE NO MONEY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 05:08 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Watch Fox news and you will know what we have learned.
Yeah, no thanks.

Quote:
I am very worried about this.
Uh huh. That's what Fox is banking on. It keeps you watching.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:13 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,982,506 times
Seems like if it applies to ALL companies that would mean it applies to ALL the competition for starters?.

That sort of means much of the cost is passed on to consumers.

Also since employers are bearing the cost wouldnt that imply that so far as that goes, less individuals would be bearing their medical expenses giving them more money to spend?

Macro economically it' matters very little if employers must pay the cost.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:19 PM

817 posts, read 853,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Seems like if it applies to ALL companies that would mean it applies to ALL the competition for starters?.

Also since employers are bearing the cost wouldnt that imply that so far as that goes, less individuals would be bearing their medical expenses giving them more money to spend?

The consumer pays the cost.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:22 PM

30,069 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

Are you nuts?

1. "All the competition"? Keep in mind that those factories in India, Mexico, and China are not subject to the additional expenses just added to our manufacturers by Obama.

2. "Passed on to the consumers"- sure- those that survive. The rest will lose buisenss to other entities with lower costs

3. "Less individuals would be bearing medical expensens". No- you see, this was a benefit provided by the feds to get retirees from large corporations continued coverage through those companies. It was cheaper ($650 vs $1200) per enrollee to create the new plan.

Further, small buisnesses, many of which do not offer healthcare, now have a large unanticipated expense that will forces layoffs. Those over 50 employees will cut jobs to keep under the magic number of 50.

This was an insane job killing bill, crafted by the master marxist- barry the job killer.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:23 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times
Nope, most large companies are already telling us it will cost them millions.

A large trucking company owner said he wont pay the extra cost and will take his money and retire, 250+ people without a job now thanks to the scamcare bill.

This will further kill even more jobs.

The job killers ( dems and Obama ) are already in the hole 9 million jobs when they promised us 5 million new good paying jobs.

The consumer is screwed, the cost will be passed onto us.

The dems now have made it so people have to choose between paying their HC, paying the fine Obama forced on them or buy food.

Pretty bad when the dems celebrate forcing people to choose between being fined or eating.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:23 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedman View Post
The consumer pays the cost.
Unless the products are manufactured outside of the country, meaning that piece of crap toy you bought make in Mexico, just got cheaper because they dont need to pass the cost of a healthcare "tax" onto the consumer like products manufactured here.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:25 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
I thnik that companies in general will respond by teh bottom line and holdback hiring. I don't see any bubble coming. The real problems is the number of people that will be dropped into medicaid that will raise ataxes i sattes strating in like 2020.Comanies can always adjuct as we have seen in this recession but some small buisnesses will suffer.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:34 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
I dunno..paying out $650 vs spending $1200 sounds like good business practice.

I guess labeling the $650 as bad and the $1200 as good is what the Dems want ?
Go for it. It's law now anyway. Get a few million new medicare enrollees and save $650 to turn around and now pay out $1200.

Yup..sounds exactly like the current thinking..we have to spend our way out of debt.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:39 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,578,050 times
A medical device company in MA has already stated that the new taxes on their products will drive them overseas. A little presumptuos maybe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies