Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 06:44 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seyareno View Post
She is someone who has lived in Venezuela and might know a little more about the regime than Mr.Penn. One should not base her experience by the movies she has made, but by the life she has lived.
and so has Wilmer Valderamma and countless baseball players ... do we hear them whining about Sean Penn?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 07:41 PM

170 posts, read 270,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
and so has Wilmer Valderamma and countless baseball players ... do we hear them whining about Sean Penn?

They may not be whining about Sean Penn as you put it, But Wilmer and the majority of those countless baseball players haven't moved back to Venezuela either.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:40 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seyareno View Post
They may not be whining about Sean Penn as you put it, But Wilmer and the majority of those countless baseball players haven't moved back to Venezuela either.
Why would they? They are rich entertainers. It's not like the United States and its belligerance is making life any easier for your average Venezuelan with trade sanctions, is it? How about the Central Intelligence Agency allegedly tampering with the election in 2002, as has been reported?

Yea, I don't think a handful of ballplayers and singers are representative of sentiment towards the United States by Venezuela, and all governments can be oppressive, and will be oppressive, but not all will bully an entire hemisphere like the U.S. has.

And I think the hemisphere will take Chavez over their next door neighborand U.S. client state Colombia

Old 03-31-2010, 08:41 PM

948 posts, read 894,464 times
One of the first things I do when I'm elected All Mighty Benevolent King Big$hit is deporting that stupida$$. Somewhere in the South Pacific. He can train monkeys.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:56 PM

580 posts, read 1,081,870 times
I'm sorry but is there something that most other people know about Sean Penn that I don't? What's this a lot of people are saying about Sean Penn being a "washed-up has-been" who "embarrasses his country?"
I'm sorry, but Sean Penn is one of the most able actors around, in my honest opinion. So yeah, maybe he holds fairly uncommon and/or not well received opinions, but so do a lot of people who are otherwise productive members of society. I think it's going way overboard to say that he is a worthless person for supporting an unpopular administration. It's Hugo Chavez, people, not Hitler.
And who knows? He might alter his opinion after reading Ms. Alonso's letter. Maybe he won't. Big whoop.
I don't understand why so many people are getting on his case so much. It's not like he's the only famous person out there who's speaking his opinions, popular or unpopular as they may be. Seriously.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:57 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Sean has a long record of embarrassing tis country. He could've been in Obamas cabinet.
His role as Daulton Lee in the movie the Falcon and the Snowman was probably not that difficult for him to act.

The Falcon and the Snowman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-31-2010, 09:12 PM

948 posts, read 894,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoZ View Post
I'm sorry but is there something that most other people know about Sean Penn that I don't? What's this a lot of people are saying about Sean Penn being a "washed-up has-been" who "embarrasses his country?"
I'm sorry, but Sean Penn is one of the most able actors around, in my honest opinion. So yeah, maybe he holds fairly uncommon and/or not well received opinions, but so do a lot of people who are otherwise productive members of society. I think it's going way overboard to say that he is a worthless person for supporting an unpopular administration. It's Hugo Chavez, people, not Hitler.
And who knows? He might alter his opinion after reading Ms. Alonso's letter. Maybe he won't. Big whoop.
I don't understand why so many people are getting on his case so much. It's not like he's the only famous person out there who's speaking his opinions, popular or unpopular as they may be. Seriously.
Because he's a bitter, small minded man that also looks the part. Just looking at him annoys me. He can't seem to keep a woman so obviously he has some issues. Maybe it's an obscene case of the dumbazz?

Old 03-31-2010, 09:41 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,498,236 times
Penn was good as Jeff Spicoli in Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Other than that, he's a bitter, miserable, lousy actor like Alec Baldwin and the rest of the left-wing loudmouths in Hollywood. The only "Milk" he's good for is milking the media with his bleeding-heart bull****.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:47 PM

580 posts, read 1,081,870 times
Now because I seriously don't know, could y'all fill me in on why two of you (SGL1 and Marksman84) called him practically the exact same thing? What makes him bitter? What makes him small-minded? He played a gay man, for crying out loud! And I'm sorry, but Penn is a very good actor. I don't who you consider to be convincing actors but he is quite talented. Now, being a hardcore Right Winger and not agreeing with his "bleeding heart bull****," that I don't know. To each their own, I guess, no sense in me trying to change that.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:58 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,498,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoZ View Post
Now because I seriously don't know, could y'all fill me in on why two of you (SGL1 and Marksman84) called him practically the exact same thing? What makes him bitter? What makes him small-minded? He played a gay man, for crying out loud! And I'm sorry, but Penn is a very good actor. I don't who you consider to be convincing actors but he is quite talented. Now, being a hardcore Right Winger and not agreeing with his "bleeding heart bull****," that I don't know. To each their own, I guess, no sense in me trying to change that.

Because any American that has made millions of dollars as an actor/musician or other genre of entertainment that comes out and vocally supports a known Enemy of the State that provided his/her success is a seditious hyprocrite and should be deported immediately.

I used the "Milk" analogy for humorous effect. I'm not anti-LGBT, I personally don't care one iota about their agenda unless it means higher taxes to me. Apparently, you took it to heart.

He's not a good actor. Jimmy Stewart, Gary Cooper, Jack Nicholson, Morgan Freeman, Robert DeNiro, James Earl Jones, Clint Eastwood, Al Pacino. Those are great actors. Osama Penn Laden is a punk compared to those legends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies