Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 06:43 PM

9 posts, read 11,812 times

Advertisements

I find it funny that the constitution says by the people for the people; however the congress doesn't seem to care about the people. Are they really that arrogant that they believe that they know whats best for us? It seems to me that not to very long ago it was said by several people in congress that freedom of speech and protest were healthy. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, to protest and voice your opinion some how makes you racist. My issues with this President and congress have nothing to do with the color of their skin and everything to do with their policies. When the President of the United States of America says he believes the constitution is outdated and needs to be scaled back it definitely gives me reason to pause. Do they think we aren't paying attention to what they do? Or do they just not care? I think there should be term limits for any public office. If this was the case I don't believe they would be as corrupt as they are now. Maybe if we vote them all out thy will see that they do need to take heed of our wishes!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 07:08 PM

30,059 posts, read 18,656,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkr1982 View Post
I find it funny that the constitution says by the people for the people; however the congress doesn't seem to care about the people. Are they really that arrogant that they believe that they know whats best for us? It seems to me that not to very long ago it was said by several people in congress that freedom of speech and protest were healthy. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, to protest and voice your opinion some how makes you racist. My issues with this President and congress have nothing to do with the color of their skin and everything to do with their policies. When the President of the United States of America says he believes the constitution is outdated and needs to be scaled back it definitely gives me reason to pause. Do they think we aren't paying attention to what they do? Or do they just not care? I think there should be term limits for any public office. If this was the case I don't believe they would be as corrupt as they are now. Maybe if we vote them all out thy will see that they do need to take heed of our wishes!!!!

Agreed. They no longer consider themselves to be public servents, but masters of the people.

Fascism has taken hold under Obama. I hope to God that America wakes up to this threat before the next elections. Obama is the most dangerous threat to the US sovereignty and the Constitution since the inception of the republic and is more danger than any foreign army has ever been. Sadly, he was ELECTED by our own people! Perhaps those people will wake up.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:09 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,278,232 times

Old 03-30-2010, 09:20 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,059 times
I agree. I find it both scary and frustrating that the government WE elected think they know what is best for us. That they feel they have the right to turn what was a democracy into a forced agenda. EVERY person should fear this because even if you are on the left just remember it could be the right that has control at some point. It is NEVER good when we do not have checks and balances, it is never good when one party is in total control.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:36 PM

5,475 posts, read 12,242,543 times
How dare you dismiss the efforts of "Our Great Leader" to do what's best for the people. After all, he knows best, better than you. Now get to your Hitler Youth meeting before the Obama Brownshirts find out about your unauthorized use of the internet.

Old 03-31-2010, 01:45 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,439,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I agree. I find it both scary and frustrating that the government WE elected think they know what is best for us. That they feel they have the right to turn what was a democracy into a forced agenda. EVERY person should fear this because even if you are on the left just remember it could be the right that has control at some point. It is NEVER good when we do not have checks and balances, it is never good when one party is in total control.

I agree with you, and what you have said, unfortunately, too many don't understand the concept of exactly was is happening here, and what this President Agenda is really all about. Everything this President and his Administration does, is all about an agenda, to benefit them, he and they don't give a hoot about us. This Democratic Party that is in control, is toxic waste, and scarey, the worse Democrativ Party that we have had. I have so many friends who are Democrats, that do not trust him at all, and don't like where he is taking this Country, Thank goodness they have finally woken up.

Old 03-31-2010, 01:50 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,787,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkr1982 View Post
congress doesn't seem to care about the people.

Wait a second....but congress "was" for the people as far as some are concerned on here ...they were for the 40% of people versus the 60% that didnt want the law.....people on here think 40% is a majority these days

Old 03-31-2010, 04:17 AM

2,709 posts, read 1,039,319 times
If people don't wake up and vote the corruption out in November, what little freedom we have left may very well be lost.

It's critical that we get busy restoring the United States Republic. Get involved in influencing your local government. Get your friends and family involved in influencing their local governments. Let your elected officials know that you expect them to uphold their oath and protect your rights.

There are still more of us than there are of them.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:55 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,215,838 times
Party line voters and sheep will never think for themselves. Its too easy to just follow the leader.
The people got it half right when they sent the encumbant republicans packing. They should have sent every encumbant packing and we might have gotten the change we were promised.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:03 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Wait a second....but congress "was" for the people as far as some are concerned on here ...they were for the 40% of people versus the 60% that didnt want the law.....people on here think 40% is a majority these days

It's elections that count, not polls.

If a poll taker or talk show host wants to run for office, they can.

Then they will have the opinion of the voter.

At the ballot box.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies