Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 10:23 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,428,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
But, Mom, I asked first!

AND Hare didn't say he didn't care about the Constitution so OP is a lie.
He most certainly did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 10:51 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,992,594 times
Default Bobby Schilling (R) running against Phil Hare (D)

Republican newcomer Bobby Schilling challening Democrat Phil Hare for Congress

Schilling said he hopes to curb government expenditures.
"The biggest thing is out-of-control spending by both sides," Schilling said. "We need responsible spending. Everything is spiraling out of control."

Schilling, 46, owns an Italian restaurant in Moline. He's married with 10 children, ranging from 23 years to one month. He faces Hare in the Nov. 2 election.
The 17th District of Illinois stretches from the Quad-Cities area down through Central Illinois and into the Decatur area

Bobby 2010

Old 04-02-2010, 10:55 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,324,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
He most certainly did.
Isn't it something how often THEY have to play the he did not game? Somehow it seems rather amazing that a group that could lie, cajole, hold backroom sales, etc to get a bill passed (barely) can sit around saying that their people didn't say those words when they are caught red handed.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:03 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,999,957 times
The OP flat out lies.

What he actually said was " I don't worry about the Constitution on this, to be honest" refering to the Health care bill.

That's a very vague statement....which could be taken as he sees no Constitutional issues with the health care bill.

So what?!

Old 04-02-2010, 11:05 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,999,957 times
Why don't you elderly, pot-bellied Constitutional scholar wanna-be's go get a lawyer and tell it to the Judge if the bill is unconstitional?

Adults are so sick of your whining.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:18 PM

38,649 posts, read 26,433,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Why not put it in its correct context before you form an opinion?

You want context?

OK. Since Rep. Hare swore an oath to uphold the Constitution and now freely admits we doesn't care what the Constitution has to say about his unconstitutional usurpation of the people's liberty, he has violated his oath and is therefore obligated to resign his seat.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:46 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,970,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
You want context?

OK. Since Rep. Hare swore an oath to uphold the Constitution and now freely admits we doesn't care what the Constitution has to say about his unconstitutional usurpation of the people's liberty, he has violated his oath and is therefore obligated to resign his seat.
/sarcasm on
Sit down peasant! Nobody gave you permission to speak!
/sarcasm off

Sorry, it is just at times, this is exactly the demeanor our representatives display when we do not conform to their "ideal" of what they think we should be.

It wasn't simply the comment he made that had my blood boiling (though to be honest, that really put him in the category of my sarcasm earlier), it was his looks and condescending demeanor to those who asked legitimate questions concerning the issue. He seem frustrated that they simply wouldn't accept his emotional appeal. I mean, we are supposed to be stupid peasants right? They shouldn't have to answer to us! They tell us what to think, what is important and what we should be doing. It really is a raping of our entire system, though Madison spoke of this very specifically when discussing the issues of such in the Federalist No. 10.

He hits this representatives behavior dead on near the end. This is truly to which they considered, they knew this eventually would happen, it is eerie to read it and then think on our current issues.

The Federalist #10

Old 04-03-2010, 12:32 AM

4,066 posts, read 2,279,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Democrat Rep. Phil Hare from IL: "I don't care about the Constitution." Democrat Phil Hare: “The Constitution Doesn’t Matter to Me” «

Video in there he said it

We are in trouble He needs to step down right now. He took an oath did he not
So...freedom of speech doesn't matter to him? Someone tape his mouth shut QUICK!

Old 04-03-2010, 06:32 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,573,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
You are attempting to spin what he said. To mean something else. lol Not working sorry

He and his office knows this looks horrific for him. So they are doing all the damage control they can.

I do give you an A for effort
"nevermind what I said then, just listen to what I'm saying now"

What the heck is this guy doing with Shaq's shoe in his mouth.

Old 04-03-2010, 09:03 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,210,040 times
FOXNews.com - Congressman Defends His 'Constitution' Comments on Health Care Law
An Illinois congressman who ignited a firestorm of controversy this week for telling a town hall audience he's "not worried about the Constitution" on the new health care law said his comments were "taken completely out of context."
Hare was immediately battered by criticism in the blogosphere for appearing to flout the Constitution and for confusing it with the Declaration of Independence.

Hare responded to the controversy with his own YouTube video Friday in which he said he meant that he wasn't worried the health care bill would be ruled unconstitutional.

"If it had of [sic!!!!!!!] been, I would have never voted for a bill that I knew would be unconstitutional," he said. "I took an oath to defend this Constitution. I will continue to do that. I served six years in the military. I'm saddened that this gotcha-type politics has to happen."
Sure he's an inarticulate ass, but that doesnt make it right to take his words out of context -- lying, essentially.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies