Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 04:51 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,609,273 times

Advertisements

Sarah Palin gave a Nevada Tea Party Express rally some curious marching orders on Saturday, telling them to stop and harass anyone with an Obama bumper sticker. After quoting a common conservative sticker (“Government: If you think our problems are bad, wait until you see our solutions”) she said, “Or that bumper sticker you see on the next Subaru driving by, an Obama bumper sticker, you should stop the driver and say, ‘So, how is that hopey changey thing working out for you?”

Palin to Fans: Stop Cars With Obama Bumper Stickers - Palin still opposed to 'hopey changey stuff'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 04:55 PM

527 posts, read 467,861 times
Boy, she has really lost it if she is giving advice for motorists to stop other motorists to discuss politics-there is enough road rage today without that sort of suggestion- it just shows how irresponsible she really is-and out of touch with the realities out there on todays streets-

Old 04-01-2010, 05:00 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,090,708 times
Why would anyone want to stop anyone else for a damn bumper sticker anyway?

Granted, she was probably saying it for effect, but it's no less retarded. The only thing dumber than that is the fool that actually does it.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:14 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,829,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
The only thing dumber than that is the fool that actually does it.
or the fool that hasn't scraped the sticker in shame

Old 04-01-2010, 05:16 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,113,256 times
I tend to think that those who follow Sara are actually dumber than she is....after all, she has figured out a way to get rich by being an idiot. They're doing it for free.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:31 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,763,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lml View Post
i tend to think that those who follow sara are actually dumber than she is....after all, she has figured out a way to get rich by being an idiot. They're doing it for free.
lmao

Old 04-01-2010, 05:52 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
If anyone said "hopey changey" to me I'd probably refer them to social services.

I don't have any bumper stickers on my car btw, but I can see why Palin and her groupies are fans.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:58 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,443,423 times
Yeah I alluded to this little Palin gem in the NV tea party thread. She is so self-righteous that I think she may end up pushing too far at some point and find herself in legal hot water. Really a very profoundly arrogant and ignorant person with a gigantic sense of entitlement.

Last edited by ♠atizar♠; 04-01-2010 at 06:13 PM..

Old 04-01-2010, 06:05 PM

527 posts, read 467,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
Yeah I alluded to this little Palin gem in the NV tea party thread. She is so self-righteous that I think she may end pushing too far at some point and end up in legal hot water. Really a very profoundly arrogant and ignorant person with a gigantic sense of entitlement.
I wouldn't be surprised to hear in the near future someone causing an accident due to her suggestion and one of the parties involved will sue her as being responsible for this 'call to arms'- not saying i think they would have a acase, but that sounds like something you'd hear 'bout in the news in this day and age-

Old 04-01-2010, 06:11 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,443,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by specialrequest View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to hear in the near future someone causing an accident due to her suggestion and one of the parties involved will sue her as being responsible for this 'call to arms'- not saying i think they would have a acase, but that sounds like something you'd hear 'bout in the news in this day and age-
Ironically, Law & Order SVU dealt with that topic the other night. They had a Dobbs/Beck/Limbaugh TV/radio personality archetype goading people into killing anchor babies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies