Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 02:06 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,796,574 times

Advertisements

Today's Glenn Beck email was a bit of a doozy, imo. It's interesting that he doesn't know the difference between climate, weather and seasons. Leave it to glenn to conflate 3 things in one statement!

But now I understand why he feels no guilt or shame for what he says and does (see bold below).

April 2, 2010

Happy 'Spring Holiday'!

Miss me? Didn't think so - but I just had to take this opportunity to wish you a happy 'Spring Holiday' season. It's sad but true: Davenport, Iowa actually went after Good Friday and tried to change it into yet another completely meaningless, politically correct celebration of the change in weather - like 'winter solstice' instead of Christmas. And that confuses me, because I thought Al Gore said climate change was destroying the Earth. Why celebrate the very thing that will end human civilization? Anyway, the news that politicians are trying to erase Christianity from the map isn't exactly shocking anymore – it’s par for the course. And it's always the same bogus excuses: separation of church and state, 'diversity', and tolerance. You know, just once I'd like to meet the person who actually believes that because government workers are off on Good Friday - it means government is forcing Christianity o n them. Who believes that? And who is 'offended' by a nativity scene?

Answer: No one. Regular people do not believe government is forcing a particular religion merely because they observe a holiday. No one screams in horror when accidentally viewing baby Jesus in a nativity scene. This is just part of the agenda for power hungry politicians and progressives: take God out of the picture. Achieve that, and the people will no longer lean on God during the tough times. They would seek hope from politicians who promise the stars and the moon – and even stopping the oceans from rising. They will be the ones to save you and lead you out of the darkness.

That’s the whole point of Good Friday and Easter. You don’t need anybody to lead you out of the darkness. The darkness has already been conquered! Death has already been conquered. Shame, guilt, despair – already conquered. Jesus paid that price on the cross for each and every one of us – He died so that we may live. It’s an incredible gift – the gift of eternity. And to receive it, all we have to do is ask.

That’s REAL hope.

As tempting as celebrating a ‘spring holiday’ is…have a Happy Easter, and I pray you and your loved ones cherish the gift of redemption this weekend.

God (or someone less offensive . . . Fred Savage?) Bless!

-glenn

Last edited by Art123; 04-02-2010 at 02:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 02:42 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,025,536 times
Happy Easter!

Old 04-02-2010, 03:03 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,991 times
Happy Easter!

Old 04-02-2010, 03:24 PM

289 posts, read 311,401 times
IMO Mr. Beck would have more credibility on this issue if he didn't (obviously) have such a problem with celebrating non-Christian holidays. Apparently he wants to have it both ways: celebrate Christian holidays, don't "observe" other religions' holidays (like the solstice, for example), and cry about it if we observe non-Christian holidays in place of Christian ones. Nice double standard there, Mr. Beck.

Quote:
No one screams in horror when accidentally viewing baby Jesus in a nativity scene.
Yet how many "Christians" scream in horror when other religions/religious people want the government to recognize their own rites/holidays/etc? Every year there is some kind of debate/fight/struggle about nativity scenes on government property because some other group wanted to put up their own "scene" or whatever during the same time and people like Mr. Beck would say "no that shouldn't be allowed...they're 'trying to erase Christianity from the map'". Could we please decide on a single standard everyone can follow....is that too much to ask?

Old 04-02-2010, 03:35 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,991 times
They can celebrate their holidays but why are they trying to change ours?`
Christmas is Christmas, they get a day off of work and force us to say "Happy Holidays" and now the "Holiday Tree", whats up with that?
It is Christmas and we buy Christmas trees.
Where is the crime in that?
Are they so filled with rage that we can't have a holiday?
Dec 25 has already been claimed, choose another date.

Old 04-02-2010, 03:36 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Happy Zombie Jesus day!!!!

Old 04-02-2010, 06:35 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
We commemorate the crucifiction of Christ on Good Friday. I see the spirit of those who mocked Christ then remain with us in this thread, spewing their hate towards those who believe. Some things never change.

Old 04-02-2010, 06:41 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,452,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Christmas is Christmas, they get a day off of work and force us to say "Happy Holidays" and now the "Holiday Tree", whats up with that?
Chanukkah was around LONG before your Christmas.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:14 PM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times
It doesn't surprise me that Beck's email was over the posters head.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:16 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,848,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
You can call your tree what ever you want. No one is trying to take Christmas or Easter away from Christians. You are free to celebrate how ever you want. Just don't expect the Government to institute it as the state religion. Personally, I want the government as far away from my religion as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies