Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 05:51 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,709,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
why should anyone give you what they earn?
Because if you don't the consquences are unthinkable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2010, 05:29 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,940,062 times
Quote:
why should anyone give you what they earn?
Newonecoming said it for me and I am so sad for you that you can't see it for yourself. I don't want their money and neither, I presume does s/he. Not individually anyway. No, our country needs their money and, looked at properly, it isn't their money, it is actually ours. They are obligated to return some, most, of that wealth to circulation. Parking it in the Caymans or Bermuda or in Switzerland is hurting the planet, but mostly it is hurting the U.S. It hurts Denmark and Switzerland a bit but it really hurts a place like America where individual ownership is worshipped to have a few families vacuum out Trillions of dollars of wealth and put it forever out of reach of the Commonwealth. It is beyond selfish. I could make a good case for it being detrimental to National Security. I guess its looking pretty good for you in SA and I can smell the smugness from here. Clearly you don't have a newonecoming so you don't see the looming disaster for the next generation. Man, are they gonna hate us.

H

Old 04-11-2010, 05:33 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,520,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Newonecoming said it for me and I am so sad for you that you can't see it for yourself. I don't want their money and neither, I presume does s/he. Not individually anyway. No, our country needs their money and, looked at properly, it isn't their money, it is actually ours. They are obligated to return some, most, of that wealth to circulation. Parking it in the Caymans or Bermuda or in Switzerland is hurting the planet, but mostly it is hurting the U.S. It hurts Denmark and Switzerland a bit but it really hurts a place like America where individual ownership is worshipped to have a few families vacuum out Trillions of dollars of wealth and put it forever out of reach of the Commonwealth. It is beyond selfish. I could make a good case for it being detrimental to National Security. I guess its looking pretty good for you in SA and I can smell the smugness from here. Clearly you don't have a newonecoming so you don't see the looming disaster for the next generation. Man, are they gonna hate us.

H
I am so glad you are sad for my ignorance.
so you are saying the wealthy do not contribute even though the top 1% pay 40.8% of the taxes in this country.

Old 04-11-2010, 05:34 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,777,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanceryan View Post
Probably the only thing I find funny about the jobless rate in our country is our Govt is telling our citizen business oweners & Corporate America to step up the hiring and production of jobs. Yet when u look at most Govt HR depts they are in a hiring freeze and have been for better part of a year now.

I asked myself w/ the Govt incentives and instructions to hire people why arent the Corporate shot callers following suit? That's when I learned it's because they realize America isn't out of the woods just yet and that it's very likely we haven't hit the bottom of this thing either.

Nice! So one fuels the other. Americans aren't ignorant we see this and this makes us go into conservation mode as well, we reduce spending on everyday things, as well as totally eliminating any non essential spending Movies, Vacations, Dinners Out, Xmas Spending, Trips to State & Govt Parks etc.

It's all a nasty circle feeding off of one another.
We are climbing out of the hole now. It will be a slow climb but we will get there.

Old 04-11-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
I am so glad you are sad for my ignorance.
so you are saying the wealthy do not contribute even though the top 1% pay 40.8% of the taxes in this country.
I never said the wealthy don't contribute, they don't contribute enough. The formula for the GINI index is very complex and not as subject to the flagrant spin that is put on everything fed to the American masses. Our rich people have too much and our poor people have too little. It is that simple. If that means taxing the rich to 100% then so be it. If you can't see that dollar for dollar it causes them much less distress than taxing someone with a $5.00 net worth to 30% then you deserve to meet what ever end is in store for this country when the lid comes off the bottle of pent of frustration and rage that is the underclass of this country.

H

Old 04-11-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
I never said the wealthy don't contribute, they don't contribute enough. The formula for the GINI index is very complex and not as subject to the flagrant spin that is put on everything fed to the American masses. Our rich people have too much and our poor people have too little. It is that simple. If that means taxing the rich to 100% then so be it. If you can't see that dollar for dollar it causes them much less distress than taxing someone with a $5.00 net worth to 30% then you deserve to meet what ever end is in store for this country when the lid comes off the bottle of pent of frustration and rage that is the underclass of this country.

H
I agree the rich can pay more, but be careful, they create jobs and help create wealth for others also, if that is taken out of the equation, then yes god help us all.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:

H
I also think is is all a mute point and the lid has already been taken off and cannot be put back on.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
We are climbing out of the hole now. It will be a slow climb but we will get there.
What evidence do you have of this? Really? What evidence? There is zero evidence of any recovery except a recovery of corporate profits. Profits that corporate America has just discovered can be obtained joblessly. They are like kids with a new toy. The last two major recoveries have been jobless and it is going to set a trend. Would you go back to the old days of bloated payrolls? I would, but I am one of those really @#$%@$ up people who thinks that employed people that are invested in this country make for better neighbors and friends than people who have been left for dead and have nothing left to lose.

H

Old 04-11-2010, 06:14 PM

not sure what circle you travel in, but used to know many multi-millionaires, a few paid less income tax than me, and all paid a lower percentage of income tax than me.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
What evidence do you have of this? Really? What evidence? There is zero evidence of any recovery except a recovery of corporate profits. Profits that corporate America has just discovered can be obtained joblessly. They are like kids with a new toy. The last two major recoveries have been jobless and it is going to set a trend. Would you go back to the old days of bloated payrolls? I would, but I am one of those really @#$%@$ up people who thinks that employed people that are invested in this country make for better neighbors and friends than people who have been left for dead and have nothing left to lose.

H
I am not a gloom and doomer, but agree, what recovery? We have become a service country and produce little, not sustainable. I think we will see DOW 8,000 before we see DOW 12,000 and 10 year treasuries from 5 to 5 1/2 by year end.
We also need to address unemployment and I mean now or the left for dead will rise up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies