Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 11:22 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
A few teabagger signs bear a misspelling and all teabaggers are labeled stupid.
No, as I'm sure not all are that stupid. But an average brain could easily comprehend what this thread is about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 11:23 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,225,847 times
Quote:
A few teabagger signs bear a misspelling and all teabaggers are labeled stupid.
Stereotype much?

Whether or not the people in the protest have a formal education is irrelevant. These people are exercising their right to free speech. If this were a protest conducted by a liberal group would you be as quick to judge? Are you concerned that these unwashed, possibly uneducated backwaters types could be easily persuaded into toeing the party line? It's really no different than the Obama-mania which swept college campuses not too long ago. Either way, both groups have a right to hear and be heard.

Should people stop voicing their views and concerns because they are different than that of the POTUS party?
It's not a few signs, it's many. What is amazing is that this has been brought to their attention, and yet they continue to commit the same errors. I mean, c'mon. These signs are indicative of the ignorance of the tea party movement. I do agree that they have a right to make a fools of themselves and I have a right to ridicule them. Both sides have freedom of speech, let the discourse continue. Bring it on!!!

Old 04-08-2010, 11:24 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,019,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
This guy is something else. Here is the post in which you are referring to, please read the heading. It's obvious this guy still doesn't get it, even after all the clues I've given him, anyone, someone, explain this to him. This is just too easy, it's not even fun.

Tea Party held two days ago has misspellings, again
Sure, I'll be happy to explain to him. As soon as you answer my previous question..

you said that someone not smart enough to spell constitution couldn't possibly understand it.

so, again...how does someone who can't pronounce 'corpsman' possibly understand the military?

Because it seems to me than pronunciation is much easier than spelling.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:27 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
You liberal elitits with your "spelling!"
Yer rite! We should all stop wit the elitist stuff and be real americans.

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
This guy is something else. Here is the post in which you are referring to, please read the heading. It's obvious this guy still doesn't get it, even after all the clues I've given him, anyone, someone, explain this to him. This is just too easy, it's not even fun.

Tea Party held two days ago has misspellings, again
the title of your thread has mis-spellings.

Satire no
Hypocrite yes

4,604 posts, read 8,232,791 times
Quote:
Notice the sign in the photo. You would think they would make a conscious effort to spell words correctly after all the criticism they have received about misspellings.

Tea Party rally: Flags, signs and vows to 'Vote Them Out' - Chicago Breaking News (http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/04/tea-party-rally-flags-signs-and-vows-to-vote-them-out.html - broken link)
I'll take the misspelled words over Congress' inability to read.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:33 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,208 times
Quote:
Many in the tea party are neither intelligent or edumacated.
Well that just "shows to go you" that you are not very intelligent to say something like that because you don't even know them.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:34 AM

Default Literacy is overrated, I hate books!

Liberal elitests who think thier better den everywon just cuz they can read and spell ahd say big fancy words. Well you can take your city slicker ways and fancy clothes and fancy cars back to New York City.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:36 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
No, as I'm sure not all are that stupid. But an average brain could easily comprehend what this thread is about.
Snarky.

If the attendees in the picture were black, inner city people with misspelled signs supporting a Democratic cause, would you give them a pass?

People make mistakes. Some people can't spell to save their lives -- perhaps all protests should have spellcheckers at the gate so they don't give the opposition something piddly to pick apart?

8 Little Known Albert Einstein Facts & Trivia! - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com
"5. He wasn't destined to win a spelling bee. According to his admission, he was never able to write in English because of his problems with spelling
English words. To his credit, he was bilingual and could speak both English and German. I guess we can forgive him for not being able to spell."

Einstein would be at home at a Tea Party.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Snarky.

If the attendees in the picture were black, inner city people with misspelled signs supporting a Democratic cause, would you give them a pass?

People make mistakes. Some people can't spell to save their lives -- perhaps all protests should have spellcheckers at the gate so they don't give the opposition something piddly to pick apart?

8 Little Known Albert Einstein Facts & Trivia! - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com
"5. He wasn't destined to win a spelling bee. According to his admission, he was never able to write in English because of his problems with spelling
English words. To his credit, he was bilingual and could speak both English and German. I guess we can forgive him for not being able to spell."

Einstein would be at home at a Tea Party.
If a tea party member can explain to me the theory of relativity, I'll forgive their misspelling. Reminds me of a comment Lewis Black once made about pot smokers. Pot smokers always bring up the fact that the Beatles were big time pot smokers. "John Lennon was a musical genius who happend to be a pot head, you on the othe hand are just a loser who is a pot head"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies