Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2010, 02:39 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Just an obervation- when I walk into any business and they have FOX News on the TV in the business, it really makes me question whether or not I want to do business with them. That tells me this business is owned or managed by somebody that hates our President and is on the far right wing nutcase fringe. I usually go ahead, buy what I want, and leave. But I do think about it but until this week never said anything.
I took my nephew to the dentist and the dentist had FOX News playing on the TV in the waiting room. A waiting room is not like a store where I can be and out quickly. It is a place where I am forced to wait for long periods of time to see the dentist (or doctor). I was a bit offended and I told the receptionist after 10 minutes "I don't mind waiting but I would rather not be subjected to right wing racism and ranting while I am waiting". I asked if the channel could be changed and, to my surprise, she handed me the DirecTV remote and told me to put it on what I wanted!
Well beings there were 2 other people in the waiting room, I did not choose the Speed Channel but I did change it to CNN Headline News. I think everybody appreciated that! BTW I know I mistyped dentist but I cannot edit the headline.

Wow you asked to change the channel and they let you how nice of them to LET YOU CHOOSE TO WATCH SOMETHING ELSE. If we could only choose what healthcare insurance we want or dont want. Good thing free market enterprise still let you choose what you can watch on TV :-)
Liberty still works and you got to put on CNN the communist news network.
PS I hate fox news.
If I could only choose not to be via laws instructed with the IRS to tell them how much I make, if I have insurance and choose my own individual choices in life. That includes what I put into my body.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:55 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
When I was a kid our dentist had John Birch reading material in his waiting room. But to this day I get compliments on the wonderful work he did by other dentists.

If it bothers you.....Bring a book.

Old 04-15-2010, 04:30 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Maybe if it is said enough times to them it will sink in----uhhhh, oh never mind.

Not a chance. Their minds a shut tight and rarely open past the left winger propaganda they have sucked up.

Old 04-15-2010, 04:52 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Just an obervation- when I walk into any business and they have FOX News on the TV in the business, it really makes me question whether or not I want to do business with them. That tells me this business is owned or managed by somebody that hates our President and is on the far right wing nutcase fringe. I usually go ahead, buy what I want, and leave. But I do think about it but until this week never said anything.
I took my nephew to the dentist and the dentist had FOX News playing on the TV in the waiting room. A waiting room is not like a store where I can be and out quickly. It is a place where I am forced to wait for long periods of time to see the dentist (or doctor). I was a bit offended and I told the receptionist after 10 minutes "I don't mind waiting but I would rather not be subjected to right wing racism and ranting while I am waiting". I asked if the channel could be changed and, to my surprise, she handed me the DirecTV remote and told me to put it on what I wanted!
Well beings there were 2 other people in the waiting room, I did not choose the Speed Channel but I did change it to CNN Headline News. I think everybody appreciated that! BTW I know I mistyped dentist but I cannot edit the headline.
The thing that gets me about the OP is that even though it was apparently the nephew that needed dental treatment, the OP goes on to make the post all about himself. Can he prove that Fox News had a racist rant on at that time? Is there a link?

I guess he is just selfish that way? Choose a dental office over what they play in the waiting room over the quality of dentel care his nephew is receiving?

It pretty well describes liberal/progressive agenda doesn't it? The seem to make it all about them and how they know what is better for everyone else while imposing that will upon others.

Old 04-15-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The thing that gets me about the OP is that even though it was apparently the nephew that needed dental treatment, the OP goes on to make the post all about himself. Can he prove that Fox News had a racist rant on at that time? Is there a link?

I guess he is just selfish that way? Choose a dental office over what they play in the waiting room over the quality of dentel care his nephew is receiving?

It pretty well describes liberal/progressive agenda doesn't it? The seem to make it all about them and how they know what is better for everyone else while imposing that will upon others.

One thing is standard. Liberals rarely look past themselves or thier own agendas. Notice that one has not come back. Is it possible his pat on his own back hurt?

Old 04-15-2010, 05:11 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
One thing is standard. Liberals rarely look past themselves or thier own agendas. Notice that one has not come back. Is it possible his pat on his own back hurt?
Maybe he's just taking a break from the nasty little trolls...

Old 04-15-2010, 05:27 PM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,380,638 times
Quote:
Bravo. I always judge the competency of my healthcare practitioner by what TV channel he has on. Let's hope your proctologist watches "Animal Planet".

Old 04-15-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Maybe he's just taking a break from the nasty little trolls...

Or is it embarressment that things didn't work out as expected I guess there was not enough of the slobbering left comming in saying atta boy.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:17 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Or is it embarressment that things didn't work out as expected I guess there was not enough of the slobbering left comming in saying atta boy.
Where IS the slobbering left, btw? Maybe they were all at the TEA parties, trying to wreak havoc.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:20 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,951,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Where IS the slobbering left, btw? Maybe they were all at the TEA parties, trying to wreak havoc.
They were dressed up like Nazis and carrying Rebel flags to try and make the TEA parties look bad. It was a big day for those on the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies