Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 08:01 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
general note to the world.

dont be crybabies. if a TV channel doesnt run what you want, dont whine about it. you have a remote. use it.
Of course, the libs don't know about that facet of their life. When one tells us that MSNBC and CNN carried the speech and howls about Fox not doing it tells me a lot.

I am waiting to see this week's Newsweek since Beck showed what he said was the copy. It appeared to the the stripes on an American flag with a very hopeful sounding bit about the fact that we are recovering so well now and then inside a page with the word HATE in large letters for their article about the right and how it is trying to hold Obama back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 08:07 PM

948 posts, read 894,464 times
They're showing good taste far as I'm concerned. B.O. tells an hr of lies, Beck tells an hr of truth. Something extremely lacking in the media nowadays.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:08 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Who says they won't air it or have not aired the speech at another time in the day. Hardly considered breaking news that needs to be transmitted to the masses immediately (live).
Broadcasting that speech at the time he spoke it would catch most people in the situation so many say is the reason they don't watch Beck. That would be that they are on the road going home so can't really watch TV. As soon as THEY realize this they will be screaming that Fox should have broadcast it at another time so those commuters could see it. It is all just hate Fox poop and nothing else.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:49 PM

533 posts, read 318,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I forgot to ask you what Beck today said was fear mongering. I guess I missed all of that.

Also, if you watched him why did you do that when you wanted to hear the President?
it is possible to stay on topic? are you, too, trying to hijack this thread to "promote" your boy Beck?

Old 04-13-2010, 09:54 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,087,650 times
Default does it really matter!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroppininja View Post
Title says it all, Fox News proves it is a completely worthless source of information once again by completely ignoring a live broadcast opportunity of the president speaking at the Nuclear Security Summit and instead shows Glenn Beck who as usual is fear mongering.

Fox news is absolutely worthless and anyone who thinks otherwise deserves to be mislead by them and their lackies like Mr. Beck.
It doesn't matter if Fox shows him, he'll be on tv every day of the week for something else. He gives a speech every day on tv.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
A) Beck is NOT A NEWS program.

B) As a private company, it is up to them to decide why programs to run and when. Those decisions take into consideration a myriad of factors.

C) Making money is not a bad thing. Not bad at all.

D) They (and the others) are in the business of getting people to watch - it is part of what is called RATINGS
A) so
B) what?

you agree that Fox is not a news station. nobody said making money is bad....WHERE did that come from?.......they've gotta keep their sheep happy, of course.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:57 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
What it indicates about THEM? It indicates they made a business decision NOT TO CARRY the Presidents speech and to run a program that generates revenue.

Its not rocket science.
So, if they want to run a program spouting lies and misinformation and IGNORE a story that tells the truth or informs the people LIVE, it's a business decision? Gee, is everything about making a buck? And that doesn't bother you?

Old 04-13-2010, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
No. He is not "newsworthy". He is not "my president'. He might be yours. He is a dictator; and I hate the man. I do not want to listen to anything this liar says. I am not a "subject". This man just needs to be gone. Never in my lifetime have we had such a worthless individual callling himself "president".
in addition to being off topic, you are clearly a very angry man who appears to hate our President. Sorry to break this to you, but if you really live in this country, he IS YOUR President.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Especially, this ass. I cannot stand to listen to him. When he's on, I either leave the room, of flip off the TV. What a jerk. He's such an ignoramus.
your hatred runneth over. you are aware that CD is monitored by the FBI because it is considered an associated hate site? Self control can be your friend.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:05 PM

948 posts, read 894,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerLuvr View Post
your hatred runneth over. you are aware that CD is monitored by the FBI because it is considered an associated hate site? Self control can be your friend.
Good. Because when your friends and acquaintances start disappearing you should be asking yourself one question. Will I be next?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies