Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 07:48 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times

Advertisements

Just in time for spring! Here's a way to help you and your loved ones to avoid being mauled or killed by a vicious pit bull -- or its insane owner....

How to Defeat a Pit Bull with Your Bare Hands by David Schmader - Features - The Stranger, Seattle's Only Newspaper

and, proactively, here's how to deal with the mouth-breathing nutballs who actually prefer killer dogs to people who don't want to have their children's throats ripped open....

How to Defeat Someone Made Furious by "How to Defeat a Pit Bull with Your Bare Hands" by David Schmader - Features - The Stranger, Seattle's Only Newspaper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 08:14 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Just in time for spring! Here's a way to help you and your loved ones to avoid being mauled or killed by a vicious pit bull -- or its insane owner....

How to Defeat a Pit Bull with Your Bare Hands by David Schmader - Features - The Stranger, Seattle's Only Newspaper

and, proactively, here's how to deal with the mouth-breathing nutballs who actually prefer killer dogs to people who don't want to have their children's throats ripped open....

How to Defeat Someone Made Furious by "How to Defeat a Pit Bull with Your Bare Hands" by David Schmader - Features - The Stranger, Seattle's Only Newspaper
Yeledaf, I was just thinking I hadnt seen you post for a while, now I know why............you have been busy reading the Stranger. I actually have experience in this area having owned 3 Pitbulls for more than 14 years.......best dogs i have ever owned and I would never own another. The very best defense against a Pit bull is Gun! But if you are truly barehanded and attacked, grab the dogs bottom jaw and pry it down towards his chest.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:20 PM

948 posts, read 894,464 times
Been there, done that. Mace will just pi$$ them off. A Pit Bull must be shot or ripped from stem to stern with a blade. If you can manage to keep your mits around it's neck or get the brawny f'ker in a choke hold do it. But a PB must be incapacitated or it will seriously ruin your day.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:21 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,816,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Yeledaf, I was just thinking I hadnt seen you post for a while, now I know why............you have been busy reading the Stranger. I actually have experience in this area having owned 3 Pitbulls for more than 14 years.......best dogs i have ever owned and I would never own another. The very best defense against a Pit bull is Gun! But if you are truly barehanded and attacked, grab the dogs bottom jaw and pry it down towards his chest.
Yup, that's what I do with my attack dachsund.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:25 PM

948 posts, read 894,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Yup, that's what I do with my attack dachsund.
I've seen them leap and eat a man's face off. Death of a 100 nips.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:29 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
.40 S&W. I don't like scrabbling up cars, laying in the dirt or wrestling with dogs. Sprays can blow back into your face, thank you very much.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:29 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
I just hope that i never come face to face with a stray pit bull, that would not only ruin my day, but scare the crap right out of me! literally, i am scared to death of pit bulls, specially ones who roam free, and the owners, are not responsible pet owners, to let this happen. Would a stun gun affect the dog in any way at all. Owners of Pit Bulls, please see to it that your dogs, are kept lock up safe and secure.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:38 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
lady friend maced a pit bull last month, had no effect whatsoever on the dog.
did you say put a chock hold on a pitt bull.
did you learn that at bob's school of karate,
where they advertize dodge bullets in just 10 days?

Old 04-14-2010, 12:55 AM

258 posts, read 448,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post

Those dogs are inbred psychotics. If I ever encounter one I surely wouldn't attempt to fight it... I'd try to kill it.
It takes Judge Joe Brown to talk about those monsters. He has a chart with pit bull stats and it's very frightening.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:00 AM

5,758 posts, read 11,637,967 times
When I was a teenager, I got attacked by a presa canario that had fled its enclosure.

Fortunately, I saw it coming, and had time to grab a plank of wood, and give it a hard thwack over its head... which did very little.

After jabbing at it a couple times, I dropped the plank. Not knowing what else to do, I tried to fall on top of the dog's back, and push it to the ground.

As it happens, those dogs are incredibly strong, and it immediately began to buck me off.

However, I did manage to wrap my right elbow around its neck, and by using my other arm like a lever on the back of its head, I managed to get its head pinioned, and after what seemed like a very long time, it stopped thrashing around.

I wasn't badly injured, but what galled me the most was that - even though I filed a police report - the owners were only given a relatively small fine. I probably should have gone for a lawsuit, but I went to high school with some of their kids, and I knew for a fact they were basically broke.

So... it can be done. But probably not with multiple dogs, or if you are taken by surprise. I suppose the critical thing is to get control of the dog's neck. If you can do that (and MAINTAIN control, which is no easy task), you can keep its mouth and jaws away from your limbs (to an extent), and you can begin the process of killing the dog through suffocation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies