Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 04:44 PM

1,089 posts, read 656,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
This is why folks need to do a little research instead of jumping on the reigns of someone else's opinion. Clinton did not compare the tea-party to terrorists. What Clinton stated was the mood was identical to that of the mood in the 90's.

Former President Clinton said he sees parallels in the mood of the country now and on April 19, 1995, when the bombing of a federal building in Oklahoma City killed 168 people while he was in the White House.
"There's the same kind of economic and social upheaval now," he told CNN's Wolf Blitzer in an interview to air Friday on "The Situation Room."
"Then, you had the rise of extremist voices on talk radio. Here, you have a billion Internet sites," Clinton said.

Clinton draws parallels between 'upheaval' of 1995, today - CNN.com

If your going to give your intepretation of what someone says, thats fine, but to flat out lie, thats a different story.
Newsbusters is a total joke, they are nothing more than a bunch of whiners like most of so-called conservatives of the day. I think Bozell pays these dudes based upon the outrageous things they come up with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 04:49 PM

1,089 posts, read 656,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
There are videos of the incident which CLEARLY show the man didnt "spit" on the Congressman..
So, if someone is shouting so loudly at YOU that he sprays your face with spittle, you wouldn't expect an apology? After-all, that's what happened.

Old 04-16-2010, 04:51 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,327,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I saw and heard exactly what was there and you validated it.
So do you think it's okay for someone with Palin's fan base to put pictures of elected officials on her website with cross-hairs photo-shopped over those pictures as if someone is looking through a gun sight? That's the kind of things Clinton is talking about----inciting the crazies out there to do something you, yourself, would never do. He was talking about taking personal responsibility for your words and actions..............

Old 04-16-2010, 04:52 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,522,848 times
amazing how many posters must have actually been there and experience it first hand

Old 04-17-2010, 06:00 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,522,848 times
I am also proud of Pres Clinton for stating "taking personal responsibility for your words and actions"

so of like saying " I did not have sexual relations with that woman"/

Old 04-17-2010, 06:10 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,905,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerLuvr View Post
No. I clearly saw the guy spit on the Congressman. Btw, interesting to see that you consider that disgusting display so boring and such a "yawn"....

sometimes a "yawn" works and sometimes it DOESN'T. LOL
Your "agenda filled eyes saw it" you mean. I saw someone who got excited and slobbered when he yelled.
more fear tactics from the left

Old 04-17-2010, 06:11 PM

214 posts, read 130,878 times
Wasn't Bill Clinton disbarred and impeached for lying under oath?

Old 04-17-2010, 06:21 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,898,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Clinton needs to put down the bong for a while.
He has a lot of nerve with the suspicious body bags that him and chillery left behind [ google clinton body bags , it will take all night to read it ] lots of people came to mysterious ends around these two .

The old rooster has worn himself out with the interns and other lewd fems . But then take a look at what his alternative is !

Most of them are lying cheats bush probably knows better to risk it with Laura ', some are just smarter and don't get caght leaving behind evidence . They have enough sense to take off their clothes first ,I guess .

Old 04-17-2010, 06:29 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,103,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Former President Bill Clinton made a speech yesterday, in which he drew parallels between people attending TEA parties today, and the mass murderers who bombed the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City on April 19, 1995.

Clinton conveniently ignored the fact that TEA parties have been almost completely peaceful, with the only violence being caused by liberal activists against the TEA partiers.

He then performed a bizarre about-face, and in nearly the same breath spoke out against "demonizing" people!

You can't make this stuff up, folks......!

------------------------------------------------------

NYT's Hulse Lets Clinton Smear Tea Party Protests as Lighting Fuse for Next OKC Bombing | NewsBusters.org

NYT's Hulse Lets Clinton Smear Tea Party Protests as Lighting Fuse for Next OKC Bombing

By Clay Waters (Bio | Archive)
Fri, 04/16/2010 - 13:16 ET

On the eve of the 15th anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing, New York Times congressional reporter Carl Hulse, who has in the past proven quite willing to pass along unsubstantiated Democratic accusations of racial epithets hurled by Tea Party protesters, on Friday passed the mike to former President Bill Clinton, who slimed the movement as potentially inspiring similar terrorist acts in "Recalling '95 Bombing, Clinton Sees Parallels." ( Recalling ’95 Bombing, Clinton Sees Parallels - NYTimes.com )

(Full text of the article can be read at the above URL)

It's called the Limbaugh principle...and funny how when it's applied to the one's used to painting with the broad brush, it stings oh so well.

My suggestion...put salt in it...you'll feel better.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:30 PM

214 posts, read 130,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
He has a lot of nerve with the suspicious body bags that him and chillery left behind [ google clinton body bags , it will take all night to read it ] lots of people came to mysterious ends around these two .

The old rooster has worn himself out with the interns and other lewd fems . But then take a look at what his alternative is !

Most of them are lying cheats bush probably knows better to risk it with Laura ', some are just smarter and don't get caght leaving behind evidence . They have enough sense to take off their clothes first ,I guess .
I don't believe that Vince Foster shot himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies