Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 12:07 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 12:15 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
WMD? were you there in 90-91 when sadaam threatened to use chemical weapons on US troops when Desert Storm was happening? I was, and had to wear MOPP 4 quite alot during that time. you might think that WMD did not exist, but I sure as heck do.
So, how many chemical rounds were actually used? Round numbers will be fine.

Quote:
100's of thousands of people dead, strange, I dont remember that many americans being killed.
Hundreds of thousands Iraqis were liberated from this earthly plane. Am I to gather from your tone that they don't count as people?

Old 04-18-2010, 12:18 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
look at the requirements for being declared a natural born citizen.

she would have to have been an american citizen 5 years after age 15, and 5 years after age 21.

since she was 18 when she gave birth, dont know she would qualify.
That ONLY applies to people born abroad whose parents were living abroad. It has nothing to do with people born in the US, as Obama was, and it's after age 14, not 15 or 21.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:41 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
There is a very big difference between "free speech" and out and out lies, distortion and rhetoric. It would be admirable if these nitwits spoke some words of wisdom or had ideas that would actually help the nation and all of its citizens. That is not what they are about and it is most certainly not what Frau Palin is about. I am praying harder for "The Rapture" than Palin is as it would be most gratifying to have her and her army of dingbats sucked up into the ether never to be seen or heard from again. I've waited since the last Presidential election to hear this woman and her rabid followers say something that is remotely intelligent or thruthful. Empty barrels do make the most noise.

Apparently you do not understand the concept of free speech. That is probably why you are a liberal.

Free speech does not have to be "factual" (according to your New York world of liberal relativism), nor does it have to agree with your world view.

Again, hopefully we will still have free speech during the Obama administration, but with more and more posts by oppressive liberals, it appears as though the tenets of fascism have certainly taken root under Obama.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:00 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,156,579 times
Default Breaking News******************

University of Illinois to close Champaign campus and relocate due to embarrassment over statement by birther mayor. Details at eleven.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:03 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,656,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Again-

Another example of the liberals disdain for First Amendment rights. The libs just cannot stand free speech, and have become the biggest enemy of the Constitution the US has ever seen.

You should respect and applaud the right of free speech, not try to quell it. Soon, they will come even after the liberals.
Disagreeing with what someone says is being an enemy of the Constitution?

What a bizarre thing to say!

Old 04-19-2010, 09:54 AM

1,089 posts, read 655,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Apparently you do not understand the concept of free speech. That is probably why you are a liberal.
Baloney

Free speech zone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
The most prominent examples were those created by the United States Secret Service for President George W. Bush and other members of his administration.[3] Free speech zones existed in limited forms prior to the Presidency of George W. Bush; it was during Bush's presidency that their scope has been greatly expanded.[4]

Old 04-19-2010, 10:15 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post
University of Illinois to close Champaign campus and relocate due to embarrassment over statement by birther mayor. Details at eleven.
I can save you the wait - U of I does not have a Champaign campus.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:18 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,225,847 times
Default Watch them call me racist, elitist, etc...

Here in Chicago we joke that the Mason-Dixie line is 2 hours south of Chicago (takes 7 hours to drive from northern end to southern end). This is generalizing, but many of us feel that if you are in Central or Southern Illinois, you might as well be in Alabama. Enough said.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:40 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,156,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
I can save you the wait - U of I does not have a Champaign campus.
Champaign, IL - Google Maps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies