Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 11:26 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,618,997 times

Advertisements

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- Three fourth-graders who allegedly had a plan to bury a classmate alive on a playground have been disciplined, according to officials in Academy School District 20.

The unidentified students attend Endeavour Elementary School. The incident happened Wednesday, district officials said. The victim was Dyrk White, a 9-year-old student at the school. He was not injured, officials said.

Students Accused Of Trying To Bury Classmate Alive - News Story - KRDO Colorado Springs (http://www.krdo.com/news/23166262/detail.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 12:45 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times
Thank God this was stopped before the child suffocated to death! Scary what kids are doing these days.

Old 04-17-2010, 12:51 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,963,301 times
Oh my Jesus.

Old 04-17-2010, 01:00 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,234,436 times
I'm curious how a hole "several feet wide and several feet deep" could go unnoticed for a week. If nothing else it would be a safety hazard on a playground.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:14 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,481,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'm curious how a hole "several feet wide and several feet deep" could go unnoticed for a week. If nothing else it would be a safety hazard on a playground.
That's what I don't get.

And:

Quote:
According to Dyrk's mother, Jasmine White, the students began digging a hole last Thursday while the family was out of town. The hole was several feet wide and several feet deep. When Dyrk returned to class Wednesday, the students held him face-down in the hole and tried to bury him, she said.
What difference does the family being out of town make? The hole could have been for anybody. Did everyone not part of the hole digging look at it and say, "Oh, that hole is for [insert name here], not us ..... keep walking...

Old 04-17-2010, 02:28 PM

I bet those kids are on two or three psychiatric medications. What they did is clearly psychotic but very uncharacteristic of children. And that is what makes it odd.

Old 04-17-2010, 03:37 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,704,369 times
Actually, for 4th graders I wouldn't think that them coming up with that idea is uncharacteristic. I DO think that they didn't fully realize the gravity of the situation or the consequences of what would happen to someone buried alive. It says the kid was a bully. I think the schools and parents better start looking at ways to nip bullying in the bud because this is the 2nd story I've heard of kids starting to fight back against bullies.

Old 04-17-2010, 04:31 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
Actually, for 4th graders I wouldn't think that them coming up with that idea is uncharacteristic. I DO think that they didn't fully realize the gravity of the situation or the consequences of what would happen to someone buried alive. It says the kid was a bully. I think the schools and parents better start looking at ways to nip bullying in the bud because this is the 2nd story I've heard of kids starting to fight back against bullies.
you are right about the kids not understanding, but I am glad they are fighting back...The scary part, what could have happens assuming the story is 100% accurate.

Nita

Old 04-17-2010, 04:36 PM

No. You are wrong. A bunch of kids trying to bury a "bully" alive is BS. What the kids did is called mobbing. Pick the "odd" kid to scapegoat and call "the bully"...then bury him alive. That's how it works. Then gullible adults like yourselves come to the rescue and point fingers at the victim who nearly died. Then they go on a tirade how it is just one persons fault vs. everyone who was involved with it should be blamed and then corrected with discipline. That's modern day education and parenting for you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you are right about the kids not understanding, but I am glad they are fighting back...The scary part, what could have happens assuming the story is 100% accurate.

Nita
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post

Old 04-17-2010, 07:26 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Well said, that's what i'm thinking, how could it have gone unnoticed and for a week is beyond me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies