Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 03:24 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Because if you can't offer anything the doctor needs and you don't have money, you're up a brown creek without a paddle. If you can't pay for the doc and want to barter, I'm doubting you can pay for a pharmacist. What if you need labs. Should the doc pay out of pocket or should you remain undiagnosed?
Oh brother. Now you guys aren't even bothering to read my posts before replying.

Go look at it again - I said, "***IF*** you can do it..."

Seriously. You guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 04:01 PM

4,562 posts, read 4,103,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Oh brother. Now you guys aren't even bothering to read my posts before replying.

Go look at it again - I said, "***IF*** you can do it..."

Seriously. You guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill.
Not really, if a woman wants to get elected giving people the impression she can wind back the clock to a happy simpler time and that will solve all their problems then she needs to be called on it. She's only addressing one facet of the problem, much like both sides only address certain aspects of problems that are convenient for their party bases. The Dems do it too.

Its just like the Republican solution of just tort reform and buying insurance across state lines, in order to curb health care costs. There are so many other aspects of the problem theat they aren't addressing that it isn't really a solution. Just like those people that think a public option will solve all our problems, or insurance mandate will solve our problems.

There is no one simple solution that can improve things for millions of Americans. Problems are complex and interconnected with one another. This woman is (and most of our leaders) want to dupe the public into thinking that we can just make a nice simple change and every thing will be all better. Its simply not true and she needs to be called on it.

Like I said in earlier posts, I'm fine with bartering, but she should be bringing up other things, addressing the problems that this will face (like I stated in other posts student loan debt, labs etc.). She can't give people the impression that just bartering will fix all of the problems of rising healthcare costs and that given all of the medical advances we have made, the clock can simply be wound back.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:07 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Not really, if a woman wants to get elected giving people the impression she can wind back the clock to a happy simpler time and that will solve all their problems then she needs to be called on it. She's only addressing one facet of the problem, much like both sides only address certain aspects of problems that are convenient for their party bases. The Dems do it too.

Its just like the Republican solution of just tort reform and buying insurance across state lines, in order to curb health care costs. There are so many other aspects of the problem theat they aren't addressing that it isn't really a solution. Just like those people that think a public option will solve all our problems, or insurance mandate will solve our problems.

There is no one simple solution that can improve things for millions of Americans. Problems are complex and interconnected with one another. This woman is (and most of our leaders) want to dupe the public into thinking that we can just make a nice simple change and every thing will be all better. Its simply not true and she needs to be called on it.

Like I said in earlier posts, I'm fine with bartering, but she should be bringing up other things, addressing the problems that this will face (like I stated in other posts student loan debt, labs etc.). She can't give people the impression that just bartering will fix all of the problems of rising healthcare costs and that given all of the medical advances we have made, the clock can simply be wound back.
You're talking as if she said that bartering was the only thing required to turn around the issue of health care affordability. She didn't. It was one suggestion - an example of one way that some people can work to bring their own costs down, and I can tell you from experience, it works. Heck, just look around CraigsList - you see tons of people wanting to trade and barter goods and services. It's not a far fetched, outdated or "idiotic" idea.

Anyway, I'm done with this thread. Y'all are attacking just to attack. The smear is about as baseless as anything I've ever seen, and I'm not going to waste any more time telling you all things that you already know but won't admit because it doesn't serve the goal of discrediting Reid's opponent.

BTW, none of it will work. Nevadans have had it with that scumbag, and come November, he's fired.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:11 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,319,404 times
I wonder if Republicans will let me trade chickens for my tax bill? Will the electric company also accept chickens? Wait, you mean for real expenses people pay with cold hard cash and not chickens?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies