Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When it comes to racism,, who do you connect more to racism, Obama's 20 year pastor Rev. Wright or a
Obama's 20 year Pastor Rev. Wright is more racist 79 64.23%
Tea Party member 38 30.89%
Other 6 4.88%
Not sure 0 0%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 07:17 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,642,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
No option for both? I abstain my vote. Tea has many prejudices, not all of them have to do with racism. I'd venture to guess 10% of their grievance is about race, but the rest is misc. prejudice stoked by propaganda.
It's sad that you have been so badly misinformed... If you knew, or cared about, the truth, you would be a Tea Party Republican...
Learn and be set free....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 07:19 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
a strange country "racisim" is what WASPS do to others. everybody else walks.

Old 04-25-2010, 07:24 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,642,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by specialrequest View Post
I love how right wingers keep using this Rev. Wright to try to discredit Obama- so basically the argument they use is that since Wright made some outrageous statements, and since Obama belonged to his church, Obama is somehow part of what he said-or must agree or believe with what he said-even though Obama disassociated himself from the church due to the things Wright said-

By that logic, anyone who belongs, or belonged, to a church that had a priest molesting children had something to do with that too-and must surely agree with him doing it- after all they were members of his church-and may have known the priest for years-
Ahh, the spin of a Democrat..! The socilst thug only disassociated himself from Wright as after the poo hit the fan and the world found out the radials the slime ball hangs with..
AS for your other brilliant statement about priests, that would be true if said offending priests condoned molestation in every sermon the way Wright did with racism..!
Geta clue, there is still time to join the good side.. We'll save you all, even the ignorant who believe n the Chacigo thug..

Old 04-25-2010, 07:30 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
I love how right wingers keep using this Rev. Wright to try to discredit Obama- so basically the argument they use is that since Wright made some outrageous statements, and since Obama belonged to his church, Obama is somehow part of what he said-or must agree or believe with what he said-even though Obama disassociated himself from the church due to the things Wright said-

By that logic, anyone who belongs, or belonged, to a church that had a priest molesting children had something to do with that too-and must surely agree with him doing it- after all they were members of his church-and may have known the priest for years-
are you kidding,

obama spent 20 years in that church..suposedly going almost every week

wright was obama MENTOR, the rev who married him, baptized his kids

he (obama) even used wrights surmon in one of his books..."white mans greed feeds a world in need"...........

case closed

Old 04-25-2010, 07:34 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At_Last_2009 View Post
When it comes to racism,, who do you connect more to racism, Obama's 20 year pastor Rev. Wright or an average tea party member
I'm not a member of the Tea Party but I know people that are and they are NOT racist...

So I guess I'd have to say the Good Ole Rev Wright is because of the way you have asked the question....

Old 04-25-2010, 08:14 AM

527 posts, read 467,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
are you kidding,

obama spent 20 years in that church..suposedly going almost every week

wright was obama MENTOR, the rev who married him, baptized his kids

he (obama) even used wrights surmon in one of his books..."white mans greed feeds a world in need"...........

case closed
That can't possibly be true as Obama is a muslim-all of the right wingers have said he is, so why would he be going to a non muslim church every week? It just don't make sense.. he is a muslim , all of you righties have proven that to me- so why....

Old 04-25-2010, 08:18 AM

15,145 posts, read 14,331,048 times
Of course I'm a racist. Which is just another way of saying I didn't vote for Barack Obama.And it's not just me. About 200 million other voting-age Americans didn't turn out for Obama either. Does it matter that some of my fellow "racist"--people who voted for McCain, a third party candidate or didn't vote at all--are black, hispanic,gay,or even all three? Nope. The O-bots don't do triangulation. There is no third way.
An unknown state senator gives a single speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention and instantly becomes a competitive national canidate. It's simply an undeniable fact that race opened the door to the presidency for Obama.His intelligence, hard work, smart campaigning- and his understanding of the powerful appeal for the vast majority of Americans of voting for a black man-closed the deal.It's hardly a surprise that the race obsessed Left would assume that everyone else embraces identity politics, too.They simply can't imagine Americans who don't see the world through the prism of race.
In the upside down world of the Obama Nation,people who spend a lifetime following Reverend Wright aren't racists. But people who show up at a rally to oppose single- payer healthcare are. If thats the standard the mainstream media and liberal thinkers are going to use to accuse American citizens of racism, then I am a racist. And i'll take a mob of reactionary racist over the cheering congregation of Jeremiah G D America Wright church anytime.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:15 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:

Let's take your statement and change a few words.

so basically the argument they use is that since some made some outrageous statements, and since some claimed belonged to the tea party, All tea party supporters are somehow part of what some said-or must agree or believe with what some said-even though the Tea Party disassociated itself from the people who made those remarks.

A lot of people who post here claim that because some idiot makes racists or other idiotic remarks, they represent ALL people who allign themselves with the Tea Party, which is not true.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:22 AM

805 posts, read 774,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Wright, along with his pupil hussein obama, are all out America hating racist. The people of the Tea Party are not racist. Most of the racist can be found among the left wingers and we see it every day on CD.
Agree

Old 04-25-2010, 09:56 AM

805 posts, read 774,298 times
Quote:

Better go see a Doctor about that severe case of Selective Memory Syndrome you display. I'd recommend a proctologist.

B O and MeMeMe(never proud)chelle stank up the pews for 20+ years listening to this devil spout his inflammatory anti-American-Marxist-Black Independence vitriol.
How conveniently you forget that he married them and then later baptized their girls before he had a chance to Pro-Choice them!

This typical racist black "?church?" is made up of 2nd, 3rd and 4th generation blacks who came up from the South with the yoke of bigotry and oppression they received down there.
When they got up North they didn't get that much white oppression that controlled them so much down South.
They in fact felt empowered by living in mostly black communities and later ghettos to STRIKE back at White People with an impudence that would have gotten them tree'd back down South.
So to this day they let their anger at "whitey" fester and never heal... Just another form of "slavery" voluntarily self-imposed and every bit as devastating as the original!

Blacks have ruined Chicago and most major and minor cities in which they have any significant presence.
No Black Pride and plenty of self-destructive habits with a significant anger towards whites that reinforces their "loser" attitudes at their personal situations and lifestyles.

The White Man is holdin' me down! hand-slap hand-slap hand-slap!
No he ain't! Try Lazy, unmotivated, uneducated before you start blaming somebody else.

A person may be poor but he does not have to be poor in spirit.
The American Dream works. 99% perspiration 1% inspiration will get the job done.

When the heck are they going to start contributing to these cities and America?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies