Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 09:44 AM

326 posts, read 430,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
If the illegal immigrants do not like the bill or do not want to take the chance they will be questioned THEY ARE WELCOME TO LEAVE!
How about the legals who are not happy being profiled?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 09:47 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,680,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The point of this whole pointless argument, is there will likely be a lot of hunches, that certain people are illegal aliens, taking place in Ariz. That would not be legal nor would it even help much in resolving the problem, in my opinion, it would create more problems.
It has already caused problems. There is a climate of hate, resentment, fear and anger in Arizona. All the right wing, hard line, radicals are coming out of the woodwork screaming for all Mexicans to go back where they came from. Even if the family has been here for 100 years. It has created a huge divide among the citizens of Arizona. The entire Latino community is fearful and angry at the whole government they put their faith in and that has betrayed them. It has poured gasoline on a fire that has raged since the Reagan Administration. It has allowed people who have no interest in Arizona and don't even live here to feed the flames of racial divide in our state.

I work in an industry that employs many people of Hispanic decent. I've worked with some for 15 or more years. They come to my house with their families for BBQs, etc. I can honestly say that not one Latino I know is happy with the illegal immigration situation that exists today. They want it to stop, immediately. We are all on the same page here, people. They want the borders closed immediately if not sooner. SB1070 is exactly the wrong measure for Arizona. It has driven a permanent wedge between the citizens of Arizona. As I stated in a previous post, the right wing neo-con, radicals will exploit this bill in every way they can. It provides justification for hate and division and they will use it to the max to further their mean spirited agenda.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:50 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,227,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seren77 View Post
How about the legals who are not happy being profiled?
Supporters would say "too bad, don't like being searched, blame the illegals not the law"

Old 04-26-2010, 09:55 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,505,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
B doesnt limit the complaint to those involved. It could be two different neighbors, or two individuals driving down the street..
Your interpretation is that if two neighbors complain, one of them must be arrested? This is how detached from reality you are.

Quote:
B is the exception to A, and if two individuals call the police claiming domestic violence is taking place next door, and the cops show up and it was determined that you are engaged in rough sex.. its a mandatory arrest, unless the cops receive an exception from the prosecuting attorney.
No, the investigating officer quickly determines that neither of the two neighbors could have been a principal physical aggresor. He will then make a similar determination as between the two partners. Under (b), he may determine that one need not be arrested. However, if either one or both are arrested, there must be probable cause in each case. (b) and (c) deal only with those who are not arrested. Only (a) deals with persons who are arrested and it requires probable cause. It is not the case in Alaska that any crackpot complaint phoned in by a misguided neighbor must result in an arrest.

Quote:
SOMEONE got arrested, even though they were having LOUD SEX!!! The law mandates it!!
The arrest was made on the basis of visible evidence of a physical assault. The case was also dropped. You are down to claiming that police error and poor judgment can justify your baseless argument.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:55 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,204,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
It has already caused problems. There is a climate of hate, resentment, fear and anger in Arizona. All the right wing, hard line, radicals are coming out of the woodwork screaming for all Mexicans to go back where they came from. Even if the family has been here for 100 years. It has created a huge divide among the citizens of Arizona. The entire Latino community is fearful and angry at the whole government they put their faith in and that has betrayed them. It has poured gasoline on a fire that has raged since the Reagan Administration. It has allowed people who have no interest in Arizona and don't even live here to feed the flames of racial divide in our state.

I work in an industry that employs many people of Hispanic decent. I've worked with some for 15 or more years. They come to my house with their families for BBQs, etc. I can honestly say that not one Latino I know is happy with the illegal immigration situation that exists today. They want it to stop, immediately. We are all on the same page here, people. They want the borders closed immediately if not sooner. SB1070 is exactly the wrong measure for Arizona. It has driven a permanent wedge between the citizens of Arizona. As I stated in a previous post, the right wing neo-con, radicals will exploit this bill in every way they can. It provides justification for hate and division and they will use it to the max.
SB1070 is just an enforcement of federal law in existance. Do you support allowing individuals to break laws? I doubt it, but somehow you come here and make excuses for law breakers.

People get arrested all the time for "reasonable suspicion", so why should illegals, and the law pertaining to being here illegal be exempt from such action? Because it might hurt someones feelings?

Old 04-26-2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Your interpretation is that if two neighbors complain, one of them must be arrested? This is how detached from reality you are.
One of the neighbors? What type of drug are you smoking?
Quote:
No, the investigating officer quickly determines that neither of the two neighbors could have been a principal physical aggresor. He will then make a similar determination as between the two partners. Under (b), he may determine that one need not be arrested. However, if either one or both are arrested, there must be probable cause in each case. (b) and (c) deal only with those who are not arrested. Only (a) deals with persons who are arrested and it requires probable cause. It is not the case in Alaska that any crackpot complaint phoned in by a misguided neighbor must result in an arrest.
If two neighbors call on YOU.. Then by law, YOU must be arrested.. Sorry, I'll take Harvards legal synopsis over yours.. Along with the numerous of OTHER legal experts out there who list these as MANDATORY arrest calls..
Quote:
The arrest was made on the basis of visible evidence of a physical assault. The case was also dropped. You are down to claiming that police error and poor judgment can justify your baseless argument.
The fact that the case was dropped, doesnt mean they were not arrested.

Go argue with Harvard if you think its not "mandatory".. Let them educate you on the issue..

Old 04-26-2010, 10:02 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,883,805 times
Quote:
SB1070 is just an enforcement of federal law in existance. Do you support allowing individuals to break laws? I doubt it, but somehow you come here and make excuses for law breakers.

People get arrested all the time for "reasonable suspicion", so why should illegals, and the law pertaining to being here illegal be exempt from such action? Because it might hurt someones feelings?
You are, at least, consistent. Reasonable Suspicion arrests may occur, but they are not legal. The false assertion that they are legal, is my objection.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:03 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,680,208 times
Quote:

Any way you want to soft pedal it, the truth is that it targets all Arizona citizens of Hispanic decent for special law enforcement scrutiny. This flies in the face of the Constitution and provides a forum for all radical, right wing race baiters.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Any way you want to soft pedal it, the truth is that it targets all Arizona citizens of Hispanic decent for special law enforcement scrutiny. This flies in the face of the Constitution and provides a forum for all radical, right wing race baiters.
I'm not soft peddling a thing.. Is it not true that the Arizona law enforces FEDERAL law?

Old 04-26-2010, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
You are, at least, consistent. Reasonable Suspicion arrests may occur, but they are not legal. The false assertion that they are legal, is my objection.
So you agree that someone should not be arrested because there is a suspicion that they they might beat their wife in the future?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies