Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2010, 02:36 PM

13,137 posts, read 22,883,622 times

Advertisements

I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 02:38 PM

11,448 posts, read 14,501,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Who could have predicted that such a thing would happen? I thought that Barry caused the rally in the market and that everything was great? Whatever happened to all the libs who were praising the rise in the market?

Fools and thier money. Let's see how low it goes. I am afraid that we are in for a bumpy ride over the next six months, so buckle up. I'll let you know when to get back into the market. Do I think that it will test the lows of last year? Probably not. However, I would not be suprised at all to see a DOW 8500 by year's end. Perhaps when Barry the job killer is out of office, there will be a real, sustained recovery that will occur on Main Street and be reflected on Wall Street.

Barry will make the next Republican president look like a genious, much as Carter did for Reagan.
More knee jerky 101, what a surprise.

What makes you guys more excited? The DOW dropping or a terrorist attack? I'd love to know.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:39 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,917,667 times
IF this was indeed because of a error by a trader selling off one stock....think how vulnerable this means the stock market is right now.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:45 PM

22,239 posts, read 19,554,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
IF this was indeed because of a error by a trader selling off one stock....think how vulnerable this means the stock market is right now.
That really isn't so much about how vulnerable the stock market is, but the algorithms and formulas that are involved in the heavy electronic oriented trading.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:47 PM

ONE stock being sold off by ONE trader supposedly did this...according to the news.

That shows an incredibly vulnerable system right now.

Or of course this is a lie being told to people to make them feel better.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:54 PM

30,264 posts, read 18,817,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
More knee jerky 101, what a surprise.

What makes you guys more excited? The DOW dropping or a terrorist attack? I'd love to know.

I don't get excited, nor do I "knee jerk". Again, I sold out of the market late last fall, early winter.

Recgonzing the low volumes during the rise and the lack of economic fundamentals to back up such a rise, I sold out then. I will be back in again, but I am patient.

I do not like terrorist attacks or stock market falls (It WILL go back up again). Terrorist attacks are invited by weak security and an inability to profile and target proper suspects, due the hindrances of liberalism. The attacks are simply a symptom of the terrorists recognizing a weak and incompetent government who is unwilling and unable to take measures to stop them. The terrorists love liberals and vice versa. Witness the great sadness and disappointment among liberals who found that the Times Square bomber was a Muslim radical and not a white Tea Party member. Why? The libs hate conservative white males and love terrorists and the concepts of political correctness that advocates self destruction and the inability to deal with an obvious threat.

Stock markets rise and fall- the trick is not to get giddy and fooled when they rise. Unless Barry adopts the concepts of capitalism and reduces taxes on small buisness, I think that we can expect more interesting economic developments, both on Main Street and Wall Street. One does not create jobs through government, nor does employment expand by increasing the tax burden on buisness. Perhaps Bill Ayers forgot to tell Barry that.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:54 PM

22,239 posts, read 19,554,183 times
Quote:
ONE stock being sold off by ONE trader supposedly did this...according to the news.

That shows an incredibly vulnerable system right now.

Or of course this is a lie being told to people to make them feel better.
Keep believing in conspiracy theories.....

Old 05-06-2010, 02:55 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,484,501 times
Aaaaahahahahaha

Errant trade may have caused market plunge--sources | Reuters

Quote:
The biggest intraday point drop ever in the Dow Jones Industrial Average may have been caused by an erroneous trade entered by a person at a big Wall Street bank, multiple market sources said on Thursday.
Raw efficiency of financial wizards in the private sector.

Don't worry, the free market will sort this one out.

So is the incompetant trader's name Bush, or what's going on here???

Old 05-06-2010, 02:56 PM

Of course,it isn't like the fedgov. EVER lies to the people...

Keep the faith....Rah Rah Rah.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:58 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,484,501 times
Quote:
Of course,it isn't like the fedgov. EVER lies to the people...

Keep the faith....Rah Rah Rah.
Pretty sure someone selling 10 billion shares instead of 1 million shares because they don't know how to carry zeroes would effect the market pretty badly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies