Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 08:00 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,646,436 times

Advertisements

And you thought Cheney was bad..the administration doesn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 09:30 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,025,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So, start worshipping 0bama, like you all did Bush.
See, we knew the Left was deep in intellectual dishonesty in their criticism of Bush on this issue - now it is confirmed by the silence from the Leftists when obama does the exact same thing.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:47 PM

5,319 posts, read 9,000,292 times
As another person quoted above:

KBR to Get No-Bid Army Work as U.S. Alleges Kickbacks (Update1) - BusinessWeek

Quote:
The Army didn’t put this work out for bids because U.S. commanders in Iraq advised against it, saying that enlisting a new company would be too disruptive as the U.S withdraws, Army program director Lee Thompson said in an interview before the Justice Department action was announced.
Odierno’s View
The view of General Ray Odierno, the U.S. military commander in Iraq, was crucial to the decision, Army Chief of Staff General George Casey told reporters today.
“Odierno said, ‘I’ve got three million pieces of equipment I’ve got to get out of Iraq, I’ve got 100 or so bases to close, I’ve got to move 80,000-plus people out of here and you want me to change horses in the middle of the stream?’” Casey recounted.
So this was somehow Obama's decision ????

Did you ever think that maybe Obama might have just FOLLOWED THE ADVICE of his military commanders?

Bush on the other hand ... gave (Ex CEO Dick Cheney's) Halliburton no-bid contracts right from the start of the Iraq War .... and that is a HUGE DIFFERENCE !!!

Republicans want so bad to compare Obama to Bush ... it's pathetic!

Old 05-08-2010, 10:38 PM

1,089 posts, read 657,066 times
edit: rep to the previous post. I didn't see your post until I posted mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
Halliburton is the biggest contractor in Iraq, they provide services that were previously done by military personnel. The Army and the Obama administration had no choice in the matter. The change in contractors would be a huge logistics problem for them. Give it a rest, it was the Bush/Cheney administration that brought them there is the first place, partially privatizing the military forces.
Excellent comrade! Never thought we could sneak in a "Bush's fault" in this thread on Obama's watch!
Who put Halliburtion in Iraq? Bush did!!! How hard would it to change contractors now? Very, very hard, it would be disruptive. Yes, it's Bush's fault, deal with it!!!!

Old 05-08-2010, 10:40 PM

177 posts, read 257,155 times
This is how ignorant you all are!

You all don't even get it! OBAMA IS NOT THE PRESIDENT OF THE US!!!

This country is and will always be run by the US corporations!

Bush, Cheney, Clinton, republican, democrat, OBAMA, whatever - they are all the same!!!

They are all shareholders of all the US corporations, they are on each other's advisory and director boards.

No matter who you vote for, they are placed in the presidency by the corporations.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:41 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,025,485 times
Halliburton and KBR have been servicing the military for quite a long time. I don't believe it all started with Bush.

So when the Bush administration gave out no bid contracts to Hall/KBR, it was Bush's decision.

When obama gives out the same no bid contracts to Hall/KBR, obama has nothing to do with it.

I think we see exactly what the problem is and always was.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:45 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,449,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrome View Post
Most intelligent liberals realize that Obama is a neo-con. Liberals are more likely to dissent with Dems than Conservatives are with Republicans. Kissed Bush's ass till the last day and still do, meanwhile, many liberals have already jumped ship.

Really??? Funny cause by reading this board you would never know that the left have moved anywhere but more up Obama behind!

Old 05-09-2010, 07:37 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,401,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
That’s right Liberal Bush-bashing democrats. The 0bama administration just announced a $500 Million “No Bid” contract to Halliburton subsidiary KBR.

That’s right Boys & Girls…I said Halliburton!

Obama + No Bid = Halliburton!

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...-update1-.html

So, start flaming 0bama, like you all did to Bush.

It's not like 0bama has not broken campaign promises not to give no bid contracts before, here was one he gave to one of his democrat buddies:

FOXNews.com - Obama Administration Steers Lucrative No-Bid Contract for Afghan Work to Dem Donor

Hmmm, what has 0bama said about no bid contracts and Halliburton before?:

RealClearPolitics - Video - Flashback: Obama Promised To End "Abuse Of No-Bid Contracts" On Campaign Trail
If Obama awarded the contract, why is the Justice Department going after KBR?

Your reasoning skills need some serious work.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:17 AM

946 posts, read 2,608,696 times
The real story here is that our military cannot fight without extensive support from private businesses.

Our army cannot feed itself or move itself. That's a disgrace and an open invitation for fraud.

Obama should have fired the collection of 3 and 4 star PR shills that passes for US generalship.

But the right is right--he's too weak to be an effective leader.

Awarding a no-bid contract to a company with a long history of bribery and fraud proves that.

Last edited by teach1234; 05-09-2010 at 10:21 AM.. Reason: Accuracy

Old 05-09-2010, 10:52 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,646,436 times
Teach1234, you said it well. We outsourced parts of the military and now have to live with what we have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies