Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 01:51 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I think it's a pretty good x-ray, myself. What parts of it do you deny are true?
You don't take "Faux" News seriously. Why should I take Puffington Post seriously?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 01:55 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,777,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmandvadva View Post
Much like the picture of the tard that wrote this article (go ahead and look at his picture and honestly tell me that is someone you would trust to do anything more than bag your groceries), here is your average huffer's post reader/believer. I'm sure they won't get it either.

Attachment 62665
How old are you?

Old 05-11-2010, 02:04 PM

296 posts, read 273,377 times
see, I knew they wouldn't get it.. you can think of me as a 40 something and my birthday is coming up soon too. I prefer cash over gifts.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:13 PM

362 posts, read 774,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmandvadva View Post
see, I knew they wouldn't get it.. you can think of me as a 40 something and my birthday is coming up soon too. I prefer cash over gifts.
would you like one or two lumps of coal?,

I understand that we don't want people who can actually get a job GET a job and not get WELFARE AKA Social Services, why not just vote all the Local Dems out of office. That's my solution. Then again some Reps can be liberal themselves, so where do you go next. don't talk to me about the Party that's Green or the Ron Paul Movement, because that's a very minute group. If the TEA Party can organize themselves instead of just making protests that go nowhere(I"ve seen plenty of protests where nothing happened)...I will not mind voting for their representative. Until then, I won't vote for a Republican at all, unless he ACTUALLY works for the people

Old 05-11-2010, 02:18 PM

745 posts, read 1,284,252 times
Quote:
I think it's a pretty good x-ray, myself. What parts of it do you deny are true?
Both of his articles are chock full of unproven assumptions, poisoning the well and guilt-by-association. They are filled with argumentative fallacies that few people even know the names for anymore. What's worse, he is name-calling and throwing slurs as much as anyone he is trying to criticize ("teabaggers", "wingnuts", "bigots").

There is no reason to listen to him. His abuse of reason and language to fit his feelings and political impulses makes him useful only to people who thrive on feeling and not thinking and want another reason to beat their drum. He is only making war grunt noises for his tribe.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:22 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
You don't take "Faux" News seriously. Why should I take Puffington Post seriously?
Way to not answer

Old 05-11-2010, 02:23 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwumpus View Post
Both of his articles are chock full of unproven assumptions, poisoning the well and guilt-by-association. They are filled with argumentative fallacies that few people even know the names for anymore. What's worse, he is name-calling and throwing slurs as much as anyone he is trying to criticize ("teabaggers", "wingnuts", "bigots").

There is no reason to listen to him. His abuse of reason and language to fit his feelings and political impulses makes him useful only to people who thrive on feeling and not thinking and want another reason to beat their drum. He is only making war grunt noises for his tribe.
Do you disagree with the Southern Strategy parallel? I think it's right on the money.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:37 PM

24,392 posts, read 23,048,028 times
I read all the time about blacks targeting immigrants in their communities. I know its happening in Philadelphia. So by this idiot's Bob Seska's logic, all blacks are racists. He sounds dumb. This Huffington Post must be an extremist racist hate site.
The Tea Party is not and was never about race and has nothing to do with racism. Those hate mongers on the far left would like people to be stupid enough to believe that, and a few left wingers do I suppose. And that Tea Party supporters oppose immigration is too imbecilic to even be taken seriously. Opposing illegal immigration is a major part of their movement, but guess what, the majority of americans in both parties and independants feel that way. So now Seska thinks the vast majority of americans are racists? No, we can be glad nobody thinks that way and sites like the Huffington Post only appeal to the most extremist kook fringe, apparently.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:39 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,275,092 times
I just find it hilarious that some people on here blast Rush, Hannity and Beck and keep posting from Huff and Puff

Old 05-11-2010, 03:23 PM

296 posts, read 273,377 times
Quote:
Way to not answer
you want an honest opinion of this article and anyone that would actually link to it as some sort of reference?
OK, here goes.. this bob cesca character lists his job title as political writer, blogger, and new media producer. He also claims to be a screenwriter, producer, and writer. Bob Cesca I would also list ignorant race baiting piece of trash as a major accomplishment. I'm sure he is enjoying his unemployment wages with all those jobs too and probably not understanding why he isn't getting his big break. After all, his mommy said he is very special.
This is clearly an uninformed person with nothing but time on his hands. Someone that is obviously filled with plenty of hate and completely delusional. I would equate this person to someone with absolutely no life, who spends endless hours on internet forums racking up thousands and thousand and thousands of posts.
Does that about hit the nail on the head?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies