Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 08:57 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,416,894 times

Advertisements

something else i just thought about...who the hell was taping this incident, and why??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 09:13 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,095,507 times
F'ing cops. And the cops were the one's recording. I would sue the cops each individually, the judge, the City, the State, the DA, and everyone who even had a tangential connection with the warrant and those who executed it. Put the families on the stand and tear them apart.

They want to declare war, then those are the actions and consequences of that declaration.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:19 AM

9,930 posts, read 13,926,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
i apologize i wasn't descriptive enough....the "people" i was referring to in my post were the police officers....i completely agree with you that its sick and just outrageous, but i should have made myself more clear to begin with....
JohKnip~

Thanks for clarifying! Sorry, I misunderstood your post.

Saucy

Old 05-12-2010, 11:57 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Unfortunately, I can't see the video, because You Tube is blocked here at work, but I got the gist of it. Let me be the first to say that I respect the police in general. They have a tough job, and sometimes it comes down to the use of force, and if necessary, you have to do what you have to do. With that said, it is an absolute shame that there are bad cops out there that give the good ones a bad name. From what I gather these officers went way overboard, and I would certainly hope that they are reprimanded for this. The cops barged into this dude's house for what, a small amount of weed, and a pipe? Give me a break!!! Stuff like this is exactly why the prohibition of marijuana needs to end!!!! For cryin' out loud it's a God given natural herb!!! I mean, if the guy was cooking up meth, or something like that I'd understand. It's just as dangerous from what I understand to make it as it is as a drug. That would be in my book child endangerment! And the cops coming in firing is most definitely child endangerment!!!!

Furthermore, wouldn't you think that the judge before issuing the warrant would want the police to set up some sort of undercover operation to see if this so called "anonymous source" was valid??? If I was the judge, I would certainly want more proof, before wasting my time on someone who is in possession of marijuana!

Old 05-12-2010, 12:51 PM

51 posts, read 78,458 times
It's bad enough the just started shooting the dogs who were barking at a bunch of cops blasting through the front door in the middle of the night, what if that kid heard the dogs and jumped up and ran out of his bedroom?...the trigger happy cops could have easily opened up on the kid.

that was just insane, it wasnt like some ghetto hood crack house, it looked like a nice house in suburbia.

there is something seriously wrong when the repercussions are much worse than the crime, not that I think weed is a crime anyway. They just spent thousands in manhours and resources, not to mention killing 2 dogs and traumatizing a kid to confiscate a small amount of weed? whats wrong with this picture...ughh pisses me off

Old 05-12-2010, 02:23 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
not that I think weed is a crime anyway. They just spent thousands in manhours and resources, not to mention killing 2 dogs and traumatizing a kid to confiscate a small amount of weed? whats wrong with this picture...ughh pisses me off[/quote]

Join the crowd. Many more people are starting to feel the same way about pot. Those that don't are still buying into the propaganda lies about it, or have nothing better to do other than to force their will on others.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:28 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,907 times
There is no shortage of delusional thugs in this nation who want to impose their personal beliefs upon everyone else. That is "our" system of government and "society".

Old 05-12-2010, 05:46 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,232,791 times
This is an outrage. Nothing else should need to be said but I have some foul words to share. These cops need to be terminated, with prejudice and charged with violation of just anything one can throw at them. And the judge as well. And they should be required to be the neighborhood dog pooper scoopers, for life. And to show just how macho their actions were they should have their genitals removed and made to wear high heels. And nylon stockings with seams... and garter belts. Oh, ?they do?

I read about this today at Reason dot com. They have an on going serial report on police raids.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:47 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Pot needs to be legalized now.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:56 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,498,236 times
Speaking as someone who trained future law enforcement officers, this is clearly an unfortunate case of excessive force. The overwhemling majority of police officers in this country are decent, hard-working people with a high level of integrity.

Having said that....as a Missouri resident, let me state that in this b@ss-ackwards idiot-run state, possession of marijuana is comparable to trafficking 100 kilos of heroin. It's too bad this mode of zeal cannot be applied to the hundreds of meth labs prevalent in rural Mizzurah....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies