Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 06:15 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) - A group of frustrated western New Yorkers has a message for President Obama. They want the President to know that they just want some work.

Billboard to President - I need a freakin job | WIVB.com

Classic pure classic
Big government is bad, unless I need a job, then I want government to do something about it.

See how that works?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 06:27 PM

302 posts, read 1,101,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
\GOP said smile along and suck up to corporate interests and they used Americans for toilet paper. DNC said lets try to work this out peacefully, but for many it's taking too long
This corporate America supports only the GOP is a bunch of bull and a typical lib thing to say. Look at wall street, most of those bankers, etc sent their money to the Democrats. These corporate people be it bankers to the food industry send their money to anyone who will take their point of view and screw over the average American. This means the GOP and the Democrats. The problem is that we've got career politicans who care more about their "power" and "influence" than anything else.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:38 PM

302 posts, read 1,101,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Big government is bad, unless I need a job, then I want government to do something about it.

See how that works?
Not knowing the politics of the sponsors of the billboard but the point(from how i see it) is not asking for a hand out. It's how his policies are affecting job creation. It has nothing to do with "Big Government" in the sense of Obama magically "creating" jobs for these people.

As a recent college graduate and still unemployed I see where these people are coming from. I've gotten no where with full time ones or menial part time ones which I've been applying to as well. It's just their way of taking out their frustration

Old 05-12-2010, 06:51 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,789,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
I think the billboard is only reflecting what many are thinking. I did find it amusing, although I do agree with some posters here.....if you wanna work get off your butt and go do it. There are dishwashing jobs, yard service jobs, flipping burgers jobs, even Wal-Mart is hiring out the rear end. They may not be your dream jobs, but they will help pay your bills and feed your family.

So you're positive that there are positions even in the lower pay based jobs everywhere huh?....lol...I've been out of work for about 7 months now, and I have applied everywhere around here. I haven't experienced this wealth of jobs you speak of in your land. Before you tell me how to tweak my resume and to get an education, don't waist your time because I am positive I've done all I can to get a job.

There simply aren't people even in fast food who are willing to give up their jobs for me or other people who are looking for work. There simply aren't enough positions available for the amount of unemployed people out there at the moment. Instead of putting people down why not help people and get them into your company to work buddy? Oh I forgot, why would you want them to because they could end up taking your job right?

Unless you have been unemployed for months then you should shut up about the "unemployment" experience because you haven't been through it in the economy that we are currently in.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:31 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsurfer05 View Post
Not knowing the politics of the sponsors of the billboard but the point(from how i see it) is not asking for a hand out. It's how his policies are affecting job creation. It has nothing to do with "Big Government" in the sense of Obama magically "creating" jobs for these people.

As a recent college graduate and still unemployed I see where these people are coming from. I've gotten no where with full time ones or menial part time ones which I've been applying to as well. It's just their way of taking out their frustration
It's always hard for people to start out in their careers.
Almost everyone starts out shaky.
Are you special because you have a degree?
Electricians and plumbers and tradespeople seem to be doing okay.
It was your choice to decide on your career.

There are those of us who haven't worked in the field of their training in decades.
We found the niche that works for us; you should try it.
Or do you feel that you're "entitled'?

With fewer and fewer jobs available (they say) unfettered breeding still goes on.
If you have kids in this day and age and then whine because there are no jobs for them, whose problem do you think that is?
The government's or of your own making?

BTW, it was mostly the GOP who pushed for corporate = good.
The right leaning court just gave them "personhood."
You weren't even born when this started.

A failed business is not on the government, it's on the person who started it.
Starting a small business is a risk.

Last edited by chielgirl; 05-12-2010 at 10:52 PM..

Old 05-12-2010, 10:50 PM

138 posts, read 165,428 times
It sure is fun to watch how snotty you people get when your president gets bashed the way he deserves. He bailed the big companies, so where are the promised jobs? That's what the people want to know.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:52 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) - A group of frustrated western New Yorkers has a message for President Obama. They want the President to know that they just want some work.

Classic pure classic
USAJOBS.gov - Find federal jobs and employment information. Search Jobs: Buffalo, NY

Old 05-12-2010, 10:54 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Obvious View Post
It sure is fun to watch how snotty you people get when your president gets bashed the way he deserves. He bailed the big companies, so where are the promised jobs? That's what the people want to know.
Ought to look at your recent history, it's obvious that Bush started the bailouts.
There are even threads on CD that show the number of jobs gained.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:56 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post

See how that works?

Old 05-12-2010, 11:08 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:

Classic pure classic
If it were a Republican president in office, wouldn't you be asking, "Why are these people depending on the government to give them a job?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies