Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 08:16 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,378,103 times

Advertisements

It seems that many women are about ready to go to war as moms who just aren't thrilled by things going on these days. They want to have a serious affect on the coming election and I think they may well get it done.

Palin Says a New 'Emerging Feminist Coalition' Will Change Nation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 08:18 PM

442 posts, read 968,913 times
I think one month is long enough. Go women!!

Old 05-14-2010, 08:20 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,985,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It seems that many women are about ready to go to war as moms who just aren't thrilled by things going on these days. They want to have a serious affect on the coming election and I think they may well get it done.

Palin Says a New 'Emerging Feminist Coalition' Will Change Nation
You do realize that Sarah Palin is worth several million votes to the Democrats as a great many moderate Republicans will never vote for her or candidates she endorses.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:58 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,384,771 times
Oh boy,a group of pro life {R} woman with a membership of a mere 145,000 is going to change the political landscape.I just love her political rhetoric that only the ignorant can embrace.Such as:
Quote:
They are looking to see what candidates you will endorse,” Palin said,One action, one vote, one election, one American dream at a time,” the 2008 Republican vice-presidential candidate said, bringing the crowd of more than 550 to their feet.
Do you really think anyone with the slightest common sense is looking at who this group will endorse?Would you have been one of the 550 that swallowed that nonsense and been part of a standing ovation?
In your own district you would be lucky to find 2 woman that belong to the group,do you think a {D} running would fear them?It is amazing that Palin who has no substance or ideas gets people to pay her to speak.But as Barnum said there is a sucker born every minute.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:01 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,985,271 times
Agent Palin is the Democratic secret weapon to get Obama re-elected in 2012

Old 05-14-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
You do realize that Sarah Palin is worth several million votes to the Democrats as a great many moderate Republicans will never vote for her or candidates she endorses.
Now that you mention it, I didn't know that. I think that 5 months will be long enough for those people you mention to awaken to what the score is.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reid_g View Post
Oh boy,a group of pro life {R} woman with a membership of a mere 145,000 is going to change the political landscape.I just love her political rhetoric that only the ignorant can embrace.Such as:

Do you really think anyone with the slightest common sense is looking at who this group will endorse?Would you have been one of the 550 that swallowed that nonsense and been part of a standing ovation?
In your own district you would be lucky to find 2 woman that belong to the group,do you think a {D} running would fear them?It is amazing that Palin who has no substance or ideas gets people to pay her to speak.But as Barnum said there is a sucker born every minute.
Those women that proposed this group are nonetheless women and there are a lot more women who will listen to them than to a bunch of pro-abortion people. How many of them do you think will win this fall if they allow the people to know how they feel about abortion.

Palin talked months ago about the fact that there are more women at Tea Party rallies than men and most of them are willing to speak out about what they think.

reid, I think maybe not liking Palin won't be the answer in the long run. Has she made more or less money as a organizer/speaker or as a candidate?

Old 05-14-2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Agent Palin is the Democratic secret weapon to get Obama re-elected in 2012
I thought that election was over two years away. Right now she is intent on getting the House back with as many Senate seats as they can get. I guess you think all the money they want to raise for Congressional candidates will be saved up for 2012. Huh?

Keep on campaigning for 2012 and lets hope all Democrats do the same thing.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:24 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,655,858 times
I don't want to burst anyone's bubble but women have always had an impact on elections. Either alone or as an organized group.

We've always been a little irked at the way you guys have been running things. Jeez. Pay attention.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:25 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,384,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
I don't want to burst anyone's bubble but women have always had an impact on elections. Either alone or as an organized group.

We've always been a little irked at the way you guys have been running things. Jeez. Pay attention.
I have always knew woman have had a impact on elections,they have a right to vote.And that is the only impact that they have because like their male counterparts they are politically divided.Take the thread as a example,we are talking about a pro life woman's group with 145,000 members.
Here is their political opposite with a membership of over 100,000 :
Quote:
Since 1985, EMILY's List has grown to more than 100,000 members, raised millions of dollars, and helped elect record numbers of women to office. An acronym for "Early Money Is Like Yeast" (it makes the dough rise...), EMILY's List has become one of the nation's largest political action committees. Here is a sketch of 24 years of progress.
EMILY's List: About EMILY's List (http://www.emilyslist.org/about/ - broken link)
We can rightly assume that woman are divided and will never ever be untied.So woman as you say are a little irked what could they do differentially then their male counterparts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies