Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Answered the Immigration Question Better?
Miss Oklahoma 19 73.08%
Miss USA 6 23.08%
A Tie 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 01:45 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
great post we should be checking miss usa for her papers!

Why is she keeping them a secret? What's she trying to hide? I've been to Michigan. And I never saw anybody there who looked like her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 02:26 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Why is she keeping them a secret? What's she trying to hide? I've been to Michigan. And I never saw anybody there who looked like her.

seriously? the woman is an american. you have never seen anyone who looks like her? you should open your eyes if thats the case.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:38 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
seriously? the woman is an american. you have never seen anyone who looks like her? you should open your eyes if thats the case.

Relax, hulu...

Here in Texas, we got a whole buncha gals look kinda like this so-called "Miss Michigan."

We call 'em Latinas (http://ui04.gamespot.com/867/barbaramori05_2.jpg - broken link)

Old 05-23-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Relax, hulu...

Here in Texas, we got a whole buncha gals look kinda like this so-called "Miss Michigan."

We call 'em Latinas (http://ui04.gamespot.com/867/barbaramori05_2.jpg - broken link)

thanks sometimes it is hard to read the true intent here. you had me for a sec.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:50 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,373,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I don't quite understand why such questions are supposed to be tough. They are normal questions on politics. Those ladies are old enough to vote, so they should have opinions about such issues.
They are only tough questions when you have to find a compromise between what you really think and what you guess the jury might want to hear
The illegal issue is a hot button right now. Miss Oklahoma was the only one to get such a loaded question. And, it was from a Mexican! I''m glad he got booed. Miss USA's question was regarding birth control! Different subject, but I think thats about the only thing I think we should provide to the illegals.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:51 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times
I'm a traditionalist. Miss Michigan is much hotter. Who cares about political questions?

Old 05-23-2010, 03:21 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
Quote:
Start a movement to demand that she shows her birth certificate. Miss Michigan, that is. Miss Oklahoma looks like an American, so she 's OK.

btw, they're both smokin' hot. Just thought I should toss that out.

Yes!

That is soooo tired and weak! Folks like you always make racial remark and project that onto other folk, when you have no comeback.

I think it's YOU that must have an "appearance" standard. Especially since you are the one bringing it up all the time.

And yes.........THEY ARE BOTH SMOKIN' HOT!!!

Old 05-23-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
great post we should be checking miss usa for her papers!
DID THEY GET TO FRISK HER????

Old 05-23-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
DID THEY GET TO FRISK HER????

I sure hope so

ps. gringo is joshing

Old 05-23-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I don't quite understand why such questions are supposed to be tough. They are normal questions on politics. Those ladies are old enough to vote, so they should have opinions about such issues.
They are only tough questions when you have to find a compromise between what you really think and what you guess the jury might want to hear

It's not that the question was tough in the sense that it was hard to find an answer.

It was hard because it is a polarizing question. If take the stance of Miss Oklahoma, it ends up being the Salem Witch trials. She gave an answer the judges didn't like. So she couldn't win unless she lied about how she truly felt and gave the PC answer.

Her answer was on point. They just didn't like it.

Also...the judge misrepresented what the law requires in his question. So it was also a bogus question to begin with. He made it sound like they can jack with you because of what you look like. Just like Obama and Holder, he hasn't read the law either.

The judge was Hispanic too....

Just like Prejean's judge was a homosexual. Hmmmmm......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies