Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 01:22 PM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times

Advertisements

Big deal, sure it is a little immature but really who cares. This person is over there risking is life , away from his family in an armpit of a country fighting for our country while some of you sit at your desks and slam him. I'd like to see some of you trade places with him for 6 months and we will see how desensitized you actually become. Then we will see how "politically correct" you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 01:40 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Big deal, sure it is a little immature but really who cares. This person is over there risking is life , away from his family in an armpit of a country fighting for our country while some of you sit at your desks and slam him. I'd like to see some of you trade places with him for 6 months and we will see how desensitized you actually become. Then we will see how "politically correct" you are.
Do you think the USMC likes a guy like that representing the Corps?

Old 05-27-2010, 01:41 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,241,461 times
To a liberal, offending someone is the worst thing you possibly could do.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:43 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,133,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
To a liberal, offending someone is the worst thing you possibly could do.
Says the guy who started a thread about how offended he is that their building a mosque in Manhattan.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:44 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,529,993 times
People can be jerks. Is this really newsworthy?

Old 05-27-2010, 01:46 PM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Do you think the USMC likes a guy like that representing the Corps?
I never said they did and I'm sure they don't but you have no idea what it's like over there until you put yourself in their shoes. Things happen, I know in times of stress I have said things I shouldn't and if your human you have as well. It is part of being human, we are not perfect. No lives were hurt, no animals were injured, a picture was taken humiliating someone, who could possibly have been the "enemy" , something tells me in times of war there are much worse things that happen that us civilians never even know about

Old 05-27-2010, 01:54 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,863,269 times
no one said they had to be scholars.... apparently this was one of the lower scoring marines. he is certainly not a high lite to the uniform.

Why anyone would justify his behavior as acceptable is beyond me.

His actions make me wonder how many "******s" he likes to roll on weekends. I find his actions repugnant I don't like police to be abusive either... and yes they put themselves in the line of fire.. but I still want and expect a level of decency and this solider fails.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:55 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,241,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Says the guy who started a thread about how offended he is that their building a mosque in Manhattan.
You care more about offense than the lives of the 3000 people killed on 9/11.

And I'm not offended that a mosque is being built in manhattan. I am upset that a mosque is being building within 2 blocks of GROUND ZERO.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:00 PM

731 posts, read 776,652 times
The problem with some soldiers is they're ignorant, they don't seem to understand that these things could backfire anytime. All i have to say is little things like that could change a lot of things.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:14 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I never said they did and I'm sure they don't but you have no idea what it's like over there until you put yourself in their shoes. Things happen, I know in times of stress I have said things I shouldn't and if your human you have as well. It is part of being human, we are not perfect. No lives were hurt, no animals were injured, a picture was taken humiliating someone, who could possibly have been the "enemy" , something tells me in times of war there are much worse things that happen that us civilians never even know about
Aww, "It's stressy over there"

I think the Marine Corps is aware of how rough soldiers' situations are... but you make excuses for soldiers to disgrace the uniform. If you disagree with armed forces policy and think soldiers should be allowed to make the whole Corps and by extension the whole United States look like animals because hey, they're just kids blowing off some steam and there's no blood around, then you should just say so.

I wonder where you draw the line. Not at murder, under the right circumstances... peace signs, I'll bet.

(And I do have an idea btw.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies