Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 09:36 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,770,032 times

Advertisements

I like Les Phillip from what im seeing.
So what some lefties are going to get on here and say how racist Repubs are.
They believe minorities are only allowed to think and vote one way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 09:49 AM

4,991 posts, read 4,508,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
I like Les Phillip from what im seeing.
So what some lefties are going to get on here and say how racist Repubs are.
They believe minorities are only allowed to think and vote one way.
Who called you racist? It's just ironic that the only litmus test for this guy is that he's black, conservative and made a catchy ad. People claiming that they want to vote for him or donate didn't even know his full name let alone anything in detail.

Conservatives appear to be searching for their Obama.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:17 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,771,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
Why trust you on this when you are wrong?
Inside information and my experience.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:25 PM

1,147 posts, read 1,900,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Inside information and my experience.

Being black I am as much of an insider as it gets w/ my life time of experience ..................... your wrong.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:59 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,820,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Who called you racist? It's just ironic that the only litmus test for this guy is that he's black, conservative and made a catchy ad. People claiming that they want to vote for him or donate didn't even know his full name let alone anything in detail.

Conservatives appear to be searching for their Obama.
That is why I as a resident of AL05 wanted to give a little clarity to the race that Phillip is a part of. Although he appears to be a good candidate, there is another good candidate in the race as well. But I am sure that if Phillip does not win, the liberals will write it off as just being a bunch of "racists from Alabama" who couldn't elect a black man even though that black man had only slightly less experience than our president who is showing his inexperience and ineptitude in handling the Gulf situation as we speak. And just for the record AL05 is the home of probably the most left leaning residents in AL many of whom would vote for the Black candidate just to show how "Progressive" they are. I have 2 friends who were "p'ing their pants" with excitement over the election of BO -- I have avoided questioning them of late about their feelings about how he is handling the job.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:05 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,077,396 times
"Black conservative running for congress really critical of Obam"

Conservative critical of Obama, now there is a shock. Of course by framing the discussion racially to begin with one has to wonder just who is playing the race card. So what are we supposed to be impressed by, that a black is critical of Obama or that a conservative is critical of Obama?

Old 05-28-2010, 01:13 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,443,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Here is a list of black Republican candidates in 2010
Senate candidates:
Marion Thorpe, Florida
Larry Linney, North Carolina
Michael Williams, Texas
Congressional candidates:
Lester Phillip, Alabama’s 5th District
Princella Smith, Arkansas’s 1st District
Vernon Parker, Arizona’s 3rd District
Virginia Fuller,California’s 7th District
Star Parker, California’s 37th District
Chrystopher Smith, California’s 39th District
Mason Weaver, California’s 53rd District
Ryan Frazier, Colorado’s 7th District
Prince Brown, Florida’s 8th District
Eddie Adams, Florida’s 11th District
Corey Poitier, Florida’s 17th District
Allen West, Florida’s 22nd District
Deon Long, Florida’s 24th District
Cory Ruth, Georgia’s 4th District
Deborah Honeycutt, Georgia’s 13th District
Rupert Parchment, Georgia’s 13th District
Isaac Hayes, Illinois’s 2nd District
Robert Broadus, Maryland’s 4th District
Charles Lollar, Maryland’s 5th District
Bill Hardiman, Michigan’s 3rd District
Angela McGlowan, Mississippi’s 1st District
Barb Davis White (self-described conservative, running as Independent), Minnesota’s 5th District
Martin Baker, Missouri’s 1st District
Shannon Wright, New Jersey’s 6th District
Michael Faulkner,New York’s 15th District
Jerry Grimes, North Carolina’s 1st District
Lou Huddleston, North Carolina’s 8th District
Bill Randall, North Carolina’s 13th District
Tim Scott, South Carolina’s 3rd District
Jean Howard-Hill, Tennessee’s 3rd District
Charlotte Bergmann, Tennessee’s 9th District
William Hurd, Texas’s 23rd District
Stephen Broaden, Texas’s 30th District
David Castillo, Washington’s 3rd District
You know what I just realized from looking at this list. There are a good amount of states that are the supposed right wing, racist, redneck ones. Very telling indeed.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:19 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,536,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
You know what I just realized from looking at this list. There are a good amount of states that are the supposed right wing, racist, redneck ones. Very telling indeed.
Whats telling is that none of these people on this list has won or will win. A couple of post up someone is already defending why this phillips will lose. He'll find out soon enough about good ole AL.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:38 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,820,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Whats telling is that none of these people on this list has won or will win. A couple of post up someone is already defending why this phillips will lose. He'll find out soon enough about good ole AL.
Excuse me!! I was not defending why Phillip would lose but merely pointing out that he is the least experienced in the race. As I stated, AL05 is the most "progressive" district (left leaning) in the state. Therefore I feel that he has as good a chance as either of the other 2 candidates. And if he doesn't win it will be because there were more qualified candidates, not because he was Black. However, your last statement shows that you have already made up your mind so I guess I am wasting my breath.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:51 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,536,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMH2507 View Post
Excuse me!! I was not defending why Phillip would lose but merely pointing out that he is the least experienced in the race. As I stated, AL05 is the most "progressive" district (left leaning) in the state. Therefore I feel that he has as good a chance as either of the other 2 candidates. And if he doesn't win it will be because there were more qualified candidates, not because he was Black. However, your last statement shows that you have already made up your mind so I guess I am wasting my breath.
Ive got a news flash for you,there will never be a black republican president. You know why? Because right wingers will never let that happen ever. Even white southern males have told me that right wingers are prejudice to the bone. They say how they really feel around these guys thinking they feel the same way. Then these good decent white guys come and tell blacks the truth about this person. Sometime they just tell you because being a jerk often goes hand in hand with being a right winger. They don't like the guy or women anyway and so they say, "Hey I didn't know blacks couldn't lead thats what <...>said the other day".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies