Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 01:54 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Who called you racist? It's just ironic that the only litmus test for this guy is that he's black, conservative and made a catchy ad. People claiming that they want to vote for him or donate didn't even know his full name let alone anything in detail.

Conservatives appear to be searching for their Obama.

Conservatives searching for their obama? LOL We are searching for anything BUT hussein obama. If we wanted an obama we would go looking in Iran or Pakistan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 01:57 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Conservatives searching for their obama? LOL We are searching for anything BUT hussein obama. If we wanted an obama we would go looking in Iran.

I wonder what that means?

Old 05-28-2010, 02:00 PM

40 posts, read 42,476 times
Its amusing how republicans always complain about liberals pulling the race card, but are the first ones to mention someones race whenever it falls in line with their views. Who cares if hes black, white, or polka dot?

Old 05-28-2010, 02:39 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Oh my gosh! They found a "black conservative". Whoa Nellie!

Run for the hills Dems! Looks like the GOP/Tea Party is really starting to diversify!
we have one running here in AR as well, but I think she is running for state office, (yes, she)

Old 05-28-2010, 02:42 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archer24 View Post
Its amusing how republicans always complain about liberals pulling the race card, but are the first ones to mention someones race whenever it falls in line with their views. Who cares if hes black, white, or polka dot?
that my friend is simply because the liberals (not all Democrats) love to tell the world there are no black Republicans and to think a few are running for office, what a shock?

Nita

Old 05-28-2010, 03:03 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,820,094 times
I only posted on this thread because someone asked for information and since I am familiar with the candidates as I live in the district, I felt that I could add something. However, I should have known better, since it didn''t take long for someone to insinuate that if I live in AL I must be racist. One last point, sometimes it is not about race but instead about who is the best all around candidate. Quite frankly I have not completely decided which way I will vote, but I promise you that if race does play into it, it will be on the positive side for the Black candidate.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:15 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,100,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Ive got a news flash for you,there will never be a black republican president. You know why? Because right wingers will never let that happen ever. Even white southern males have told me that right wingers are prejudice to the bone. They say how they really feel around these guys thinking they feel the same way. Then these good decent white guys come and tell blacks the truth about this person. Sometime they just tell you because being a jerk often goes hand in hand with being a right winger. They don't like the guy or women anyway and so they say, "Hey I didn't know blacks couldn't lead thats what <...>said the other day".
Conservative republicans nominated and voted for Lynn Swann for governor of Pennsylvania and Kenneth Blackwell of Ohio a few years ago. They lost because liberals voted against them. I don't understand what you're arguing, you seem to want io\t both ways: we're racist even though we nominate and vote for a black conservative, but if they don't win, we're still racist. You seem to have a lot of bitterness and unforgiveness in your heart, that's not good for you.

I forgot to add, that two of the leading black conservatives, Phillips of Alabama and Angela Mcglowen of Mississippi, are both from states that are supposedly racist. Here's AM's video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEvbxI98z-I

Old 05-28-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Conservative republicans nominated and voted for Lynn Swann for governor of Pennsylvania and Kenneth Blackwell of Ohio a few years ago. They lost because liberals voted against them. I don't understand what you're arguing, you seem to want io\t both ways: we're racist even though we nominate and vote for a black conservative, but if they don't win, we're still racist. You seem to have a lot of bitterness and unforgiveness in your heart, that's not good for you.

I forgot to add, that two of the leading black conservatives, Phillips of Alabama and Angela Mcglowen of Mississippi, are both from states that are supposedly racist. Here's AM's video:

YouTube - Angela McGlowan for Congress
They want win. If swann would have ran as a dem he would be Governor. The right wing will never tell the truth but they speak it with their vote.

Hey Swanny you chose the wrong group. They look at you and your family just like the rest of us but they just smile in your face because you could run and catch. Its OK I see that a lot from black athletes.

Last edited by enemy country; 05-28-2010 at 07:49 PM.. Reason: missing word

Old 05-28-2010, 07:49 PM

What a bunch of Bologna. She can go eat at the back if her tea party gets control. They have even stated that. The boys of SC are going to love her.

Old 05-28-2010, 08:07 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,100,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
They want win. If swann would have ran as a dem he would be Governor. The right wing will never tell the truth but they speak it with their vote.

Hey Swanny you chose the wrong group. They look at you and your family just like the rest of us but they just smile in your face because you could run and catch. Its OK I see that a lot from black athletes.
I honestly am saddened by your outlook on life. Do you think all black people should act and think alike? Why can't black people have their own opinions and ideas like everyone else? Your outlook on life appears to be one filled with anger and unforgiveness; that's sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies