Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Glenn Beck mock Barack Obama and his daughter on his radio show?
Yes. 32 78.05%
No. 3 7.32%
I'm not sure. 1 2.44%
It's all left-wing media hype. 5 12.20%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 04:46 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Glenn Beck smears Obama's 11-year-old daughter | Media Matters for America

I thought families, and especially children, of politicians were supposed to be off limits?

As of two days ago, Glenn Beck agreed. I wonder what changed.
FAIL.

First, you quote Media Matters. Nuff said.

Second, you really have no idea what was said nor how it was said.

Third, you look foolish for trying to make this an issue about Glenn "smearing" Obama's daughter which he is not. Not even close

4th, I bet you are the same person who believes that since Palin brought her kids on stage, and talks about her kids, that her family was fair game. Now here you are saying that even if Glenn made some joke about Obama's daughter, that it is something to be outraged about.
I bet you didnt have a problem with Letterman joking about rape/sex of Palin's daughter and all the other crap weve heard about Palin and her family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 04:47 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I am sorry but my time is pressed by the need to go to work so I will just have to leave you to the back slappers for an hour or so<snip>
No need to apologize just go before you sink for the third time...

Old 05-28-2010, 04:48 PM

37,960 posts, read 22,141,678 times
Quote:

I thought families, and especially children, of politicians were supposed to be off limits?

How does MM think was Beck "smearing" 0bama's daughter?

They should be off limits, but more and more public TV personalities are dragging in the children of politicians.

Beck should not be referencing 0bama's daughters, even if he thinks 0bama was using his daughter as a political prop at his press conference. Why follow bad behavior with more of the same?

Old 05-28-2010, 04:50 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,147,251 times
Quote:
Please look at my link and then tell me which of the voices on that bit of trash from MM was Glenn Beck. For some reason I think they need to get a new imitator for his voice since that one is not even close. Now you come on back here telling me that someone who listens to Beck doesn't know the sound of his voice better than someone who listens to people like that trying so hard to sound like him.

I think that you don't have the guts to watch the link I put up for fear you will find out something you don't want to know.

I am beginning to think that you aren't any better about things like this than meson and the others playing around here. I know that none of them viewed that video but I was sure that you would do that. I guess when you people get started playing around you just can't get serious.

Glenn Beck - Current Events & Politics - Picture of the Day - May 25, 2010

You can save so much time by taking 30 minutes to watch this one today. Of course, I don't want you to waste any of your precious MM viewing time.
Look, roy, he apologized. He did it. Nice loyal try, but it's time to accept reality.

Old 05-28-2010, 04:52 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,843,953 times
Quote:
Please look at my link and then tell me which of the voices on that bit of trash from MM was Glenn Beck. For some reason I think they need to get a new imitator for his voice since that one is not even close. Now you come on back here telling me that someone who listens to Beck doesn't know the sound of his voice better than someone who listens to people like that trying so hard to sound like him.

I think that you don't have the guts to watch the link I put up for fear you will find out something you don't want to know.

I am beginning to think that you aren't any better about things like this than meson and the others playing around here. I know that none of them viewed that video but I was sure that you would do that. I guess when you people get started playing around you just can't get serious.

Glenn Beck - Current Events & Politics - Picture of the Day - May 25, 2010

You can save so much time by taking 30 minutes to watch this one today. Of course, I don't want you to waste any of your precious MM viewing time.
You do realize that the video on the site you linked to matches the transcript published by MM?

Old 05-28-2010, 04:54 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,147,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
FAIL.

First, you quote Media Matters. Nuff said.
Nuff said, they busted your watery-eyed, ferrety little morning-drive hero.

Quote:
Second, you really have no idea what was said nor how it was said.
The audio gives a bit of a hint wouldnt you say?

Quote:
Third, you look foolish for trying to make this an issue about Glenn "smearing" Obama's daughter which he is not. Not even close
Maybe you dont think so. Do you have daughters?

Old 05-28-2010, 04:54 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,659,903 times
Quote:
I am sorry but my time is pressed by the need to go to work so I will just have to leave you to the back slappers for an hour or so.

My link didn't purport to do anything other than to show what actually happened and, no it didn't last as long as that batch of lies on MM.

Beck admitted that he did say those things in that voice and apologized for it but most of what I heard on MM was dreamed up and poorly imitated, at that.
Your link matches the MM transcript exactly.

Again, why would Beck not mention that the audio going around the web was a fake?

Old 05-28-2010, 04:55 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,976,294 times
Quote:
Don't be afraid to learn a bit. It only takes about 30 minutes and I heard some facts that I have never read about in today's books about the period.
OK, I'll say what I hinted at in the clear, then: I consider Beck a skilled demagogue and propagandist, I consider anyone lending him their reputation as suspect, and I'd trust Beck to pick credible sources on US history no more than I'd trust David Irving to pick sources on World War II.

And anyone insisting that Media Matters is somehow guilty of manipulation even after Beck's public apology should really rethink their loyalties.

Old 05-28-2010, 04:56 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,843,953 times
Quote:
When do plan to take a chance and see my link? You may have some trouble with it since it has Beck and MM's has somebody trying to sound like Beck. You aren't going to take a chance of hearing something that might show you some truth, for a change. I have torn MM apart more than once this week and you don't want to see it happen again, huh.

Glenn Beck being falsely accused of mocking president’s daughter – UPDATE: Beck apologizes- The Right Scoop
The only difference between this site and MM is that this site (therightscoop) claims that Beck wasn't being offensive and doesn't understand why Beck apologized.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:03 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,300,389 times
Quote:

Figures, "Media Matters" story. How did I guess.

He didn't "smear" Obama's daughter. "Smearing" is what the leftists have been doing to Beck, Ruch, Hannity, Palin, and everyone else on the right that they feel threatend by.

Beck didn't even make fun of the daugher. He did comment on Obama's story that his daughter asked, "Did you plug the hole, daddy?"

Sure, Obama. As though she thinks you personally are doing something.

I'm sure she knows the truth, and Obama made up the story, or at least embelished it.

That is what Beck was commenting about.

"Media Matters" (Soros News Service, a.k.a. State approved media).

Get a life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies