Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Glenn Beck mock Barack Obama and his daughter on his radio show?
Yes. 32 78.05%
No. 3 7.32%
I'm not sure. 1 2.44%
It's all left-wing media hype. 5 12.20%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 05:54 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Beck admitted that he did say those things in that voice and apologized for it but most of what I heard on MM was dreamed up and poorly imitated, at that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 06:14 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post

I thought families, and especially children, of politicians were supposed to be off limits?

As of two days ago, Glenn Beck agreed. I wonder what changed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
They will make the usual excuses for their imams, just like they did when Rush went after Chelsea.
The leftist media have never left children and families out. Look what they did to Sarah Palin's family and her daughters (and are still doing). Why should we be different?

Anyway, Beck didn't "smear" his daughter. He did laugh at Obama's stupid story, which I'm sure is far from factual.

Do you really think his daughter asked, "Did you plug the hole, daddy"? Do you really think that she thinks that Obama is personally seeing to it that it is plugged? I think the story is mostly made up. And that is what they were laughing aobut. They were not making fun of the daughter.

Anyway, again, look what these leftists have done to Palin and her daughter? Where were you? I didn't see "Media Matters" complaining. Did you? In fact, "Media Matters" was a participant.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:45 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
So, to conclude:

MM, ABC News, Gawker, HuffPo, Media Bistro, etc, all reported on a fake recording of Beck.

Beck then apologized for what he said on the fake recording, without any mention or outrage over the fact that it was fake.

Uh, yeah. Makes tons of sense.
He said the early words about Malia and apologized for that but that thing that MM had went on and on and that guy just didn't sound at all like Beck. His voice was close but just not there. That apology was for the part about her and the pipe line and nothing else. I guess you don't know that all of those people showed whatever MM or Huff and Puff originated. They did not show anything else.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
He said the early words about Malia and apologized for that but that thing that MM had went on and on and that guy just didn't sound at all like Beck. His voice was close but just not there. That apology was for the part about her and the pipe line and nothing else. I guess you don't know that all of those people showed whatever MM or Huff and Puff originated. They did not show anything else.
"...without any mention or outrage over the fact that it was fake"?

Old 05-28-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Look, roy, he apologized. He did it. Nice loyal try, but it's time to accept reality.
And reality is that he apologized for the part he did which was very short and only about the pipeline and Malia. The rest of that crap from MM was what they dreamed up and you can see from the link I had that they went on and on much longer than he did. Haven't you watched that part yet? He apologized for what he had said and they let us hear that plus what that impostor carried on about. Only a fool would not see that the man doing that part was NOT Beck. That is, unless you wanted it to be him.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
You do realize that the video on the site you linked to matches the transcript published by MM?
I certainly don't see that. They are the same up to the point that the impostor trying to imitate Beck carried it on and on much farther than Beck did. MM does things like that up to telling us that Beck does things and then they show some of his show but stop when he gets to the part they can't handle.

I take it that you do realize the purpose of MM and what they work to do no matter what they have to do.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
And reality is that he apologized for the part he did which was very short and only about the pipeline and Malia. The rest of that crap from MM was what they dreamed up and you can see from the link I had that they went on and on much longer than he did. Haven't you watched that part yet? He apologized for what he had said and they let us hear that plus what that impostor carried on about. Only a fool would not see that the man doing that part was NOT Beck. That is, unless you wanted it to be him.
Did he say he believes they manufactured it? Surely he knew what all the uproar was about; the transcript was reprinted everywhere. If he is falsely accused for something he didnt do, wouldnt he have defended himself?

Old 05-28-2010, 06:54 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times
Why can't you just admit that your hero is a friggin' loser roy?

Old 05-28-2010, 06:55 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,796,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Did he say he believes they manufactured it? Surely he knew what all the uproar was about; the transcript was reprinted everywhere. If he is falsely accused for something he didnt do, wouldnt he have defended himself?
He was obviously apologizing for the "imposter".

Old 05-28-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Why can't you just admit that your hero is a friggin' loser roy?
Wouldnt you love to have fans as loyal as Beck's and Palin's? Wow! Like those Chinese soldiers who went to the grave with their generals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies