Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 10:02 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,078,163 times

Advertisements

Apology or no, I still think Beck is an ***.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 05:24 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,665,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I think we should let Obama and beck settle it. Put them in a room alone and let beck explain why he has insulted him and his family. Explain why he incites violence toward him. Give it time President Obama will work that out.
Maybe when they are in that room Obama will answer some of the questions Beck has raised about the Chicago Climate Exchange.
Maybe he will explain away all of the things that has caused the underlying rage that led up to Beck joking about the supposed conversation that gave the appearance that the president is so worried about the situation that even his children are worried.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:33 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,904,688 times
The only thing missing from his apology, and he missed a good marketing opportunity in the omission as he had a few more viewers than usual, was "By the way, be sure to buy some overpriced gold from my sponsor".

Old 06-02-2010, 05:44 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,665,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The only thing missing from his apology, and he missed a good marketing opportunity in the omission as he had a few more viewers than usual, was "By the way, be sure to buy some overpriced gold from my sponsor".
The thing I can't figure out about this?
Why would Weiner be going after Beck and not the Better Business Bureau?

Old 06-02-2010, 05:56 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,082,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
That's not what the lawyers told him.
LOL...and who was going to sue him, the Obama kids? This wasn't a legal matter at all.

His comments were out of line, even though Obama and the Mrs. often bring their kids into the picture themselves it is tactless for others to do so. Perhaps the O's should consider not telling all those cute Malia and Sasha stories if they don't want them involved in the public debate. IMO, the apology was sufficient. I wonder if O is going to apologize to Malia for putting the story out there and putting her in the spotlight?

Old 06-02-2010, 06:48 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,549,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Maybe when they are in that room Obama will answer some of the questions Beck has raised about the Chicago Climate Exchange.
Maybe he will explain away all of the things that has caused the underlying rage that led up to Beck joking about the supposed conversation that gave the appearance that the president is so worried about the situation that even his children are worried.
I don't think he'll be much explaining when someone attacks his daughter. I know all you beck supporters are glad when the Presidents family is attacked but we see beck for the cowardly bully that he is.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:54 AM

90,296 posts, read 121,111,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
LOL...and who was going to sue him, the Obama kids? This wasn't a legal matter at all.

His comments were out of line, even though Obama and the Mrs. often bring their kids into the picture themselves it is tactless for others to do so. Perhaps the O's should consider not telling all those cute Malia and Sasha stories if they don't want them involved in the public debate. IMO, the apology was sufficient. I wonder if O is going to apologize to Malia for putting the story out there and putting her in the spotlight?
You think not? Every word Beck says is likely vetted before he goes on air, to make sure he's not saying anything to get sued for. They missed this one. Obama himself could sue on behalf of the kids, though that seems unlikely.

Obama is not the first president to tell cutsie little stories about his kids.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:58 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,347,031 times
Apologized for what?

His ( Becks ) kids get death threats all the time and no one says a word.

He broke his own rule and was man enough to say I shouldn't have done it.

There is NO rule other then his own he broke.

Deal with it and stop going after someone who has successfully taken down 3 of Obamas communist buddies all by himself.

I know this is not about the kids for the left wing nuts, this is all about Beck and him being a thorn in the failures side.

The Palin gets got much more then this and the left wingers were jumping for joy and having a party about it.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:02 AM

53,168 posts, read 34,963,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
In an earlier thread, Becksters were claiming this never happened. Anyway, it's interesting that wingers are quick to forgive Beck but dragged out Letterman's one liner for weeks.
maybe that's because it took weeks for letterman to apologize?

Old 06-02-2010, 09:05 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,082,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You think not? Every word Beck says is likely vetted before he goes on air, to make sure he's not saying anything to get sued for. They missed this one. Obama himself could sue on behalf of the kids, though that seems unlikely.

Obama is not the first president to tell cutsie little stories about his kids.
And what would the cause be? I get that the Obama's are a bit sensitive but hurt feelings are not lawsuit worthy. They are public figures. Any slander was not so much towards the girls but wherever they are getting their education. Maybe their school will sue??

Maybe Obama should just tell his kids that he is not personally plugging the leak, that hundreds and thousands of men and women are working on the leak and the clean up but HE isn't actually doing any of that work himself. It's a teachable moment...sounds like Obama missed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies