Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 09:17 AM

90,296 posts, read 121,013,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
And what would the cause be? I get that the Obama's are a bit sensitive but hurt feelings are not lawsuit worthy. They are public figures. Any slander was not so much towards the girls but wherever they are getting their education. Maybe their school will sue??

Maybe Obama should just tell his kids that he is not personally plugging the leak, that hundreds and thousands of men and women are working on the leak and the clean up but HE isn't actually doing any of that work himself. It's a teachable moment...sounds like Obama missed it.
Slander of his daughters, I don't know. Public figures, except Sarah Palin and Ross Perot, don't usually make a big stink about things said about their families. Beck made fun of Obama's daughter's education, her speech, etc. It's lowlife to do that. Beck even said as a dad he should have known better. It's well known the way to get someone really p***** off is to say something mean about their kids. Beck knows that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 10:51 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,592,079 times
Anything that comes out of the mouth of doggie Beck is a lie.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:33 AM

5,747 posts, read 12,070,452 times
I think it's unseemly to watch someone battle mental derangement on broadcast television, and, frankly, I think FOX should be taken to task for profiting from his inevitable breakdown. It's past time for an intervention. That man needs help, and I say that in all sincerity and with absolutely no political motivation.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:35 AM

329 posts, read 202,396 times
Now all those who have attacked Sarah Palin's family need to step up and do the same.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:50 AM

968 posts, read 2,629,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Anything that comes out of the mouth of doggie Beck is a lie.
<sarcasm> wow really deep thought there...i respect you so much because you think things through and base your opinions in FACT </sarcasm>

becks on the better side of crazy but i respect a man who apologizes because it only brings back the issue for more back lashing like this. The fact that hes willing to apologize sets him apart from other talking heads who bury it under the rug or act like it never happened. everyones personal opinion gets the best of them once in a while.

but anti beck people on here who make stupid, disrespectful comments like these are no better than the people who call obama the antichrist.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:58 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,592,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
<sarcasm> wow really deep thought there...i respect you so much because you think things through and base your opinions in FACT </sarcasm>

becks on the better side of crazy but i respect a man who apologizes because it only brings back the issue for more back lashing like this. The fact that hes willing to apologize sets him apart from other talking heads who bury it under the rug or act like it never happened. everyones personal opinion gets the best of them once in a while.

but anti beck people on here who make stupid, disrespectful comments like these are no better than the people who call obama the antichrist.
Thank you.

Oh? You mean a man who "apologizes" or is willing to "apologize".

Old 06-02-2010, 12:02 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,937,518 times
It's show business. His apology is as sincere as everything else he has ever said on the air, and everything else the rest of them on all of the cable networks say everyday.

Keep talking about them. Keep fighting over the things they say. Just make sure you spell their names right, and when you post links make sure they're working. Even when you wish horrible things on these show biz folks, make sure you do it in popular places so people will see and hear it. Otherwise you might not make them all richer than they already are.

Nice job. You're doing exactly what they want you to do.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:11 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,855,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
Why?
Because it is ridiculous to think that a child her age would have asked the question in the same fashion that a 5 year old would ask? Someone should have called Obama on it and I'm glad that Beck did it!

Old 06-02-2010, 12:33 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,076,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Slander of his daughters, I don't know. Public figures, except Sarah Palin and Ross Perot, don't usually make a big stink about things said about their families. Beck made fun of Obama's daughter's education, her speech, etc. It's lowlife to do that. Beck even said as a dad he should have known better. It's well known the way to get someone really p***** off is to say something mean about their kids. Beck knows that.
Yes, and he apologized for all of it....still nothing even remotely lawsuit worthy in his words. He didn't HAVE to apologize to avoid legal trouble as you suggested. A judge would laugh such a case right out of court.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:50 PM

2,362 posts, read 3,002,781 times
Glenn Beck is a father? Man, I feel sorry for that kid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies