Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 07:10 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,096 times

Advertisements

"One popular radio host, WWL's Spud McConnell, suggested that the Coast Guard and the White House may have been involved in setting up the "perfect photo op." "
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I have no doubt of that.
Proof that all it takes is one talk radio host to suggest something may have happened with no proof for you to believe anything beyond any doubt, as long as it involves criticizing Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 07:17 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
"One popular radio host, WWL's Spud McConnell, suggested that the Coast Guard and the White House may have been involved in setting up the "perfect photo op." "

Proof that all it takes is one talk radio host to suggest something may have happened with no proof for you to believe anything beyond any doubt, as long as it involves criticizing Obama.
Knowing obama and how important optics and image are to him, I have no doubt. Would have been nice if those workers had stayed and continued to clean up, wouldn't it?

Old 05-28-2010, 07:20 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Knowing obama and how important optics and image are to him, I have no doubt. Would have been nice if those workers had stayed and continued to clean up, wouldn't it?
How important are optics and image to Obama, sanrene?

[MOD CUT/off topic]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-28-2010 at 08:23 PM..

Old 05-28-2010, 07:20 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:

You have NO FACTS!

Old 05-28-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You have NO FACTS!
The facts are clear.

100's of workers bused in to clean a beach that will be used for obama's photo op.

It's really quite simple. Why does this have the Left in such a tizzy?

Why else were they there?

Are you saying they weren't bused in to clean the beach and the local officials were hallucinating?

Old 05-28-2010, 07:27 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,203 times
Quote:
LOL..You know Obama and have no doubt. LOL..How about I have no doubt you hate Obama. I bet you didn't have any doubt when you saw the words "Mission Accomplished". LOL..

Obama must be doing something right because the volume of Obama hate threads is increasing.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:32 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,096 times
Quote:
Yes, it would have.

But from everything except one speculation from a right-wing talk show spewer, it looks like BP did this.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:33 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
I don't know how this got into an anti-obama statement but the fault lies with BP, they are trying to make it "seem" like they are doing a lot of work... they (and by they I mean BP ONLY) are hoping by not doing anything, the ocean will clean itself off and leave less work for BP to do... also, the oil has NOT stopped coming out of the well, meaning any clean-up by BP would be maddening, because the coast will get dirty the very next day... it cost BP less to do it that way, that is why cleaning hasn't started... It is a bit "evil" of BP to mislead the public on their activity concerning clean-up..

Old 05-28-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Yes, it would have.

But from everything except one speculation from a right-wing talk show spewer, it looks like BP did this.
I would imagine it is more than just one - why would the locals be "infuriated"?

Quote:
News of 11th-hour spruce-up brigade spread rapidly Friday afternoon and infuriated locals.

"Who else has the kind of authority to bring a bunch of strangers to Grand Isle when the president is in town for a visit? You think they did background checks on all those people?" wondered McConnell. "I'd be a lot less upset about this if they would have at least stayed to clean the beach."

[MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-28-2010 at 08:25 PM.. Reason: response to deleted post

Old 05-28-2010, 07:36 PM

1,089 posts, read 655,321 times
Quote:
How is the OP or title misleading?

100 of workers were brought in to clean the beach and then LEFT when obama showed up.

What other logical reason as to why they were there.

Did you hear the locals - and Jindal?

They hadn't since such a workforce on the beach in recent times.
Pretty desperate to pin something on President Obama, aren't you?

Obviously those workers were sent there by BP to impress the President. When he left, they left, it's as simple as that. Cheap bastards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies